• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Adams - 1989

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I thought this was some hoax or maybe something he did for fun when he was performing live, but Ryan Adams is releasing an entire album of Taylor Swift's album 1989. It's really weird to me, but being a R.A. fan, I'm sure it'll be great. The album comes out monday but he's pre-released the first single "Bad Blood".

For a little comparison in case you haven't heard that pop anthem here you go:

Taylor Swift's original:
Ryan Adams' cover:

I'm probably gonna end up getting the cover album and jam some T-Swift tunes re-imagined by Ryan Adams haha. Its so odd, but also really good.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hosestly thought that Ryan Adams was Bryan Adams brother.

tumblr_ljsen19T1v1qzbl7f.gif

Just kidding.

R. Adams is a talented young fella tho. I enjoy his music. The Swift album will be as good as most everything else he does.

I love artists who put a ton of shit out, and none of it is shit.

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish that Ellie Goulding and Florida Georgia Line would both find other lines of work. Maybe doing mime work! So they would shut the F--K up!!!

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this is how bad it's become for rock and roll?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this is how bad it's become for rock and roll?

Fucking disgusting, isn't it??

So sad.

:L

Heard some snippets of his take on the album and they're pretty good. Basically just a fun album/concept for him, but it might end up being his best selling one considering the crossover attention it's gonna get.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking disgusting, isn't it??

So sad.

:L
Yes, disgusting indeed. Just put a bullet in my brain and allow me to wake up in the afterlife staring at Joey, Johnny, DeeDee and Tommy Ramone getting ready to crank out "Sheena is a Punk Rocker."

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard some snippets of his take on the album and they're pretty good. Basically just a fun album/concept for him, but it might end up being his best selling one considering the crossover attention it's gonna get.

That's weaksauce.....he sounds a bit desperate to make $$$...and I wish him the best...but it's a condescending act imho....

He's a good enough musician/songwriter in his own right...who could've easily just released an album of some of his own new material w/ maybe a Swift cover or 2 included to pay homage/show appreciation....instead of doing an entire reworked album her "music". Lame!!

What's next? Pete Townsend doing an album of Katy Perry pop tunes???

Springsteen releasing a cover album filled w/ Kanye West garbage???

There's crossing over...and then there's really Crossing Over...ie: over the deep end.

Hell.... she should be doing one of his albums....to be honest.

But I digress...I'm gonna take off in a few to check out some live bands...and get this Saturday night rolling.

Have a good one.
:suds:

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I thought this was some hoax or maybe something he did for fun when he was performing live, but Ryan Adams is releasing an entire album of Taylor Swift's album 1989. It's really weird to me, but being a R.A. fan, I'm sure it'll be great. The album comes out monday but he's pre-released the first single "Bad Blood".

For a little comparison in case you haven't heard that pop anthem here you go:

Taylor Swift's original:
Ryan Adams' cover:

I'm probably gonna end up getting the cover album and jam some T-Swift tunes re-imagined by Ryan Adams haha. Its so odd, but also really good.
Couple things:

Missing the "HEY!" Part in the chorus. Minus one star for that.

Is he plugging TSwiffy?

Is this going to be like CCR and Tina Turner? Will kids born 12years from now not know who sung it first? Cuz I don't know who sang Proud Mary first. Aerosmith and The Beatles is weird too.

Also, Ryan Adams makes me put on a sweater.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple things:

Missing the "HEY!" Part in the chorus. Minus one star for that.

Is he plugging TSwiffy?

Is this going to be like CCR and Tina Turner? Will kids born 12years from now not know who sung it first? Cuz I don't know who sang Proud Mary first. Aerosmith and The Beatles is weird too.

Also, Ryan Adams makes me put on a sweater.

If he is, good on him, she's hot.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's weaksauce.....he sounds a bit desperate to make $$$...and I wish him the best...but it's a condescending act imho....

He's a good enough musician/songwriter in his own right...who could've easily just released an album of some of his own new material w/ maybe a Swift cover or 2 included to pay homage/show appreciation....instead of doing an entire reworked album her "music". Lame!!

What's next? Pete Townsend doing an album of Katy Perry pop tunes???

Springsteen releasing a cover album filled w/ Kanye West garbage???

There's crossing over...and then there's really Crossing Over...ie: over the deep end.

Hell.... she should be doing one of his albums....to be honest.

But I digress...I'm gonna take off in a few to check out some live bands...and get this Saturday night rolling.

Have a good one.
:suds:

Eh, he doesn't need the $$. I think he started doing it for fun in some of his live acts and got a lot of positive reaction from his cult following. He's weird like that. Got really in to The Strokes' first album too and did covers of that one, but never released any kind of album with it.

He screws around and covers Brian Adams at his live shows too because so many people confuse the 2 of them.

In his own right, Ryan is a tremendous song writer and great musical talent, so he doesn't really need to do covers.

But, i guess if you have the time and money to do whatever the hell you want, go for it. Might actually help him get his name out to a younger audience that definitely has no idea who he is, too.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little update on this. I listened to the album, which fully released yesterday and its great. Really well done.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he just want to go to Pound Town with T-Swift.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he just want to go to Pound Town with T-Swift.

I wish him the best of luck. Best case scenario: they end up dating, break up, and he produces a great album in the depths of his relationship despair.