• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russian Doll

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just stumbled across this one last night..my wife's decision, but I'm enjoying it so far after a fitful start where I was wondering of they were going to take the premise anywhere. I've always like Natasha Lyonne and she's fun to watch in this.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished this last night. It was a lot fo fun.. definitely worth committing to with only 8 half hour shows.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Set four years after Nadia (Natasha Lyonne) and Alan (Charlie Barnett) escaped mortality’s time loop together, season two of Russian Doll will continue to explore existential thematics through an often humorous and sci-fi lens. Discovering a fate even worse than endless death, this season finds Nadia and Alan delving deeper into their pasts through an unexpected time portal located in one of Manhattan’s most notorious locations. At first they experience this as an ever-expanding, era-spanning, intergenerational adventure but they soon discover this extraordinary event might be more than they bargained for and, together, must search for a way out.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone watched season 2 yet?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup... did not like it... at all... lost the whole charm of the first season...

I'm 3 episodes into season 2 and I don't know if I'll continue. I really like Natasha Lyonne but I don't really need 8 episodes of psychodrama about her character's mother issues.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 3 episodes into season 2 and I don't know if I'll continue. I really like Natasha Lyonne but I don't really need 8 episodes of psychodrama about her character's mother issues.

id skip this season... the premise was stupid, the acting wasnt even good IMO... it was just watching natasha smoke cigarettes on tv... if that fancies your bones, then watch away....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching S2 now. Her constant jabbering is REALLY annoying. And her HUGE hair is getting on my nerves as well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished S2.

what a complete waste of time. If you haven’t watched it yet, save yourseplf the time and skip S2.

2/10 The 2 comes for the soundtrack alone. A bunch of Pink Floyd deep tracks will get me every time. But outside of that, I honestly can’t think of a single reason to watch this season. Leone chews up every scene she is in to the point where it is unintelligible, and unfortunately, she is 98% of the scenes in the season.

Skip S2

Skip S2

Skip S2

I can’t say it enough times, skip S2. Seriously, one of the worst pieces on “tv” I have ever actually finished.

Awful.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished S2.

what a complete waste of time. If you haven’t watched it yet, save yourseplf the time and skip S2.

2/10 The 2 comes for the soundtrack alone. A bunch of Pink Floyd deep tracks will get me every time. But outside of that, I honestly can’t think of a single reason to watch this season. Leone chews up every scene she is in to the point where it is unintelligible, and unfortunately, she is 98% of the scenes in the season.

Skip S2

Skip S2

Skip S2

I can’t say it enough times, skip S2. Seriously, one of the worst pieces on “tv” I have ever actually finished.

Awful.

Well, if you read the thread I recommended that weeks ago.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you read the thread I recommended that weeks ago.
It was soooo bad. What was the point? Don’t kidnap your baby self if you are a time traveller? But if you do, don’t worry, it will al reset anyway? She made no difference in her life, past or present. Pointless season. And why did she start jumping anyway? And what was the point if her loop buddy jumping as well? That was just time filler.

Bigger drop from original to sequel than Highlander to Highlander 2. Almost as big a drop as Caddyshack to Caddyshack 2.

It was soooo bad, it literally made me angry that I wasted the 4 hours it took to watch.

And why stunt cast a PA announcer?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished S2.

Skip S2

Skip S2

Skip S2

Awful.

You actually finished it? lol Why? I gave up on it. Too bad, because I loved the first season and was looking forward to it. It seems as if they only planned for it to be a 1 season, but it was so successful they slapped this pile of garbage together.

I haven't looked into it because I don't really care, but it would be hard to believe the same folks were responsible for both seasons.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually finished it? lol Why? I gave up on it. Too bad, because I loved the first season and was looking forward to it. It seems as if they only planned for it to be a 1 season, but it was so successful they slapped this pile of garbage together.

I haven't looked into it because I don't really care, but it would be hard to believe the same folks were responsible for both seasons.
I was hoping for some kind of explanation or tie in with the dude’s story.

But nothing. Just a completely garbled mess.

Just like Leone’s hair.