• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumour: Pierre McGuire leaving TSN

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to take a permanent gig with NBC/Versus - I know I'm in the minority here, but I like Pierre (okay, I don't care for the mancrushes he develops with certain players), but the guy is an encyclopedia of hockey knowledge and I like his enthusiasm.

Speculation at the Stanley Cup final is that hockey analyst Pierre McGuire could be leaving TSN to take a permanent position as an analyst with NBC and Versus.

McGuire already does work for both networks, but it’s believed NBC and Versus would prefer to have him on an exclusive basis. One scenario that has been floated is McGuire would leave TSN as a regular game analyst, but would do some special events, such as the World Junior Championship, for the Canadian network.

Talks are continuing and will likely be resolved soon. When asked about prospects for his future and his contract status with both TSN and NBC/Versus, McGuire declined comment.

McGuire’s name has also surfaced in NHL front office chatter in the past. He was a finalist for the Minnesota Wild GM job that ultimately went to Chuck Fletcher in 2009. Until the Ottawa Senators renewed Bryan Murray’s contract after the season, there was speculation McGuire would be that team’s new GM. To a lesser degree, the same speculation arose before Pierre Gauthier took over for Bob Gainey with the Montreal Canadiens in February, 2010.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my kingdom for a Captain Picard "Make it so!" gif

You asked for it...

jean-luc-picard.gif

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky Canadians...sorry, Pierre is Captain obvious, especially when paired with Edzo. He and Edzo have this weird thing. Pierre will see something, and seek affirmation from Edzo by asking his opinion every time. It's a creepy thing they have going.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to take a permanent gig with NBC/Versus - I know I'm in the minority here, but I like Pierre (okay, I don't care for the mancrushes he develops with certain players), but the guy is an encyclopedia of hockey knowledge and I like his enthusiasm.

Me too.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate pierre.. maybe it's just because i have a smaller sample size than you guys up north, but i don't think i've heard him make 1 intelligent in-game comment, ever

could be because he's only on NBC where they dumb it down pretty severely, but if that's his normal act i think you guys are nuts

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good riddance ... I know for a fact the majority of tsn personalities will be happy he's leaving

good chance his lapdog Gord Miller goes with him ... NBC Versus wont give him a job though ... maybe he'll be Pierres personal assistant (personal shopper/nose hair groomer/skidmark remover)

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your point on his enthusiasm for the game dash, but I can't stand most of what he has to say.

His man crushes are impossible to deal with and he doesn't do a good job of hiding is bias for one team or another, despite the fact that he's doing the nationally televised games and is supposed to at least appear neutral.

Oh, and he never admits he was wrong about anything. At least once per game he criticizes a penalty call immediately after it happens ("So and so really sold that one Edzo, terrible call") then the replay shows him to be obviously wrong and he doesn't ever take back his criticism.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speculation at the Stanley Cup final is that hockey analyst Pierre McGuire could be leaving TSN to take a permanent position as an analyst with NBC and Versus.

McGuire already does work for both networks, but it’s believed NBC and Versus would prefer to have him on an exclusive basis. One scenario that has been floated is McGuire would leave TSN as a regular game analyst, but would do some special events, such as the World Junior Championship, for the Canadian network.

Talks are continuing and will likely be resolved soon. When asked about prospects for his future and his contract status with both TSN and NBC/Versus, McGuire declined comment.

McGuire’s name has also surfaced in NHL front office chatter in the past. He was a finalist for the Minnesota Wild GM job that ultimately went to Chuck Fletcher in 2009. Until the Ottawa Senators renewed Bryan Murray’s contract after the season, there was speculation McGuire would be that team’s new GM. To a lesser degree, the same speculation arose before Pierre Gauthier took over for Bob Gainey with the Montreal Canadiens in February, 2010.

Last edited by a moderator: