• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumor: Nike wants to make Broncos unis the "Oregon of the NFL"

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of my very good friends and fraternity brothers works for a company called Hydrographics Inc. HGI works in conjunction with many sports outfitters (especially Nike) and is the leading company in helmet design in this nation. ... I called up my buddy and asked him if there was any truth to the rumors. Here's what he had to say:

Yes, (Broncos) are getting new uniforms

This has been in the making since Nike took over

Until this past Sunday's events, Orange was to be the primary

Orange is no longer the primary as of Monday morning and Nike has been green lit to test a new color scheme

The Uniforms have a deadline of the 2015 Draft

This is the longest uniform project Nike has ever undertaken, and just like in 97 the Broncos will be given a template completely unique to them, not even Oregon will have this template for a couple years

A new logo is in the works

Phil Knight wants the Broncos to become the Oregon of the NFL. The team holds a special place in his heart as the first football team to let Nike have complete control over a design.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Maybe it boosts our recruiting.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there are times that Nike comes out with some cool stuff but then there are times it just baffles me how they could think what they design looks good. My guess is if they are taking this much time to design it then it should turn out pretty well. I just hope they don't dive off the deep end trying to be as innovative as can be.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be fitting to wear camo after the SB.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard anything about this.

Remember, the NFL stands for no fun league.

Do you think Goodell would allow it? I don't.

I have seen prototype NFL unis at Nike HQs here in Beaverton. But that is all they are imo.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard anything about this.

Remember, the NFL stands for no fun league.

Do you think Goodell would allow it? I don't.

I have seen prototype NFL unis at Nike HQs here in Beaverton. But that is all they are imo.

I don't think Goodell has that much control. If he did, he'd already mandate a change in the Redskins name and logo.

Although, announcements like these tend to be unfounded rumors or even hoaxes more often than not. I'll believe it when I see it.

I remember when Denver came out with new logo and uni's in 1997. My first reaction was "Ugggggghhhh!!!" However, They started looking better after we won the Super Bowl that season :lol:

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope this doesn't happen.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no. Please no. Please no. Please no. Please no.

If the Broncos do anything with their uniforms, it needs to be they wear the orange throwbacks once every season instead of wearing the now alternate blue jerseys. The tweaks Nike made to the uniform this year and last year took a little getting used to. I think I'm finally adjusting. I hope they quit messing with the uniforms now.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are just like Oregon by the way they come up short in big games when they have all the hype they do.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no. Please no. Please no. Please no. Please no.

If the Broncos do anything with their uniforms, it needs to be they wear the orange throwbacks once every season instead of wearing the now alternate blue jerseys. The tweaks Nike made to the uniform this year and last year took a little getting used to. I think I'm finally adjusting. I hope they quit messing with the uniforms now.

:agree:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is they won two SB`s with the switch. I remember how I really liked them but most were haters...till they started winning. I`m all for it and to tell you the truth, I`am not fond of predominant orange. Before you balk at that, I`ve been a Bronco fan since the late 60`s and that ORANGE has seen nothing but SB blowouts. So as far as I`m concerned they can take the orange jerseys and burn them and letem rest in" futility and emarrassment" peace! I`am just sorry its not happening next season.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is they won two SB`s with the switch. I remember how I really liked them but most were haters...till they started winning. I`m all for it and to tell you the truth, I`am not fond of predominant orange. Before you balk at that, I`ve been a Bronco fan since the late 60`s and that ORANGE has seen nothing but SB blowouts. So as far as I`m concerned they can take the orange jerseys and burn them and letem rest in" futility and emarrassment" peace! I`am just sorry its not happening next season.

I like the orange, but maybe they should avoid that color in future Super Bowl appearances. They did win a Super Bowl in convincing manner in the white road uniform. Maybe you are onto something!