• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rules of being a fan

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are willing to jump then you, quite literally, are no longer a fanatic.

I would say that would make one a knowledgeable fan, but just sporting the colors and watching the team still makes one a fan. In my experience, most fans have no clue about the team history. All you gotta do be be devoted to that team.

Well, isn’t there nothing worse than an unknowledgable fan?? Nothing worse that having a conversation with someone who thinks they know something but really knows nothing. I mean, you should at least be able to name most of your teams players and know their positions.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk I grew up hating the Rags

How are the Rangers like the Titanic? They both look real nice until they hit the ice

We substitute in Maple Leafs for Rangers north of the 49th...They both work.

/Of course, now that the Leafs have Tavares, that team looks loaded for bear.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We substitute in Maple Leafs for Rangers north of the 49th...They both work.

/Of course, now that the Leafs have Tavares, that team looks loaded for bear.
Works both ways for me Devils fans don't tend to get along with Leafs either. Not since the Niedermeyer cheap shot

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never. How can it possibly feel the same if your "new team" won a championship?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, if you like to hop teams. It’s the easy way out imo. Not every franchise is going to be successful. For example (a random example), the Vikings. You have to stick it out and if they do win, one championship is all you need. That’s a true fan imo

Random? Ass Hole! lolzzz

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, thanks for laying down for me last week in our fantasy baseball league! Such a good friend...

I have been beset by bad luck and injuries in Fantasy Baseball this year. If you are interested I am going to need some people for a Fantasy Football league on Yahoo this year.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be a fan of who you want. Ain't no rules. I'm a hate jumper myself. Hated the Yankees of the early 50s and early 60s. Then hated the Big Red Machine. Then hated the Braves when the Brewers moved to National League(leftover hate for them moving from Milwaukee). Right now, it's the Cubs. It'll probably be the Red Sox in the next couple of years.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been beset by bad luck and injuries in Fantasy Baseball this year. If you are interested I am going to need some people for a Fantasy Football league on Yahoo this year.

Sounds good

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born a trojans fan.My birth certificate is actually an apology letter from the condom factory

Other than that the closest I come to being a fan of a NY team is the NJ Devils
maxresdefault.jpg

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I changed fandom once. I was about 7 or 8 years old and I was a Redskins fan because my parents were Redskins fans. I wanted to find my own team. I didn't exclude the Redskins, but if I chose to be their fan, I wanted it to be because I chose them, not because I was born into it. I took 2 years researching team histories and records and shit. Every year for Christmas or my birthday, I would ask for sports books or almanacs. This was way before the ol' google machine. When I was 10, I had it down to 3 teams, then by the end of the season settled on the Broncos. I have never looked back or thought once about jumping ship. Not even when Elway (who was and is still my favorite player) retired. I had a few friends and family members ask me what I was going to do, but I never waivered.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One should be obvious...

The other two were Miami and the New York Football Giants

One would think with the fam being Redskins fans that would have leaned you towards the Giants...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I changed fandom once. I was about 7 or 8 years old and I was a Redskins fan because my parents were Redskins fans. I wanted to find my own team. I didn't exclude the Redskins, but if I chose to be their fan, I wanted it to be because I chose them, not because I was born into it. I took 2 years researching team histories and records and shit. Every year for Christmas or my birthday, I would ask for sports books or almanacs. This was way before the ol' google machine. When I was 10, I had it down to 3 teams, then by the end of the season settled on the Broncos. I have never looked back or thought once about jumping ship. Not even when Elway (who was and is still my favorite player) retired. I had a few friends and family members ask me what I was going to do, but I never waivered.
One would think with the fam being Redskins fans that would have leaned you towards the Giants...
Aside from my grandfather who was a habs fan. I grew up in a family of Rangers fans. I couldn't stand the Rags when the Rockies moved to Jersey and became the Devils. It just felt natural for me. I do miss the Devils playing next to Giants stadium. No tailgating in Newark.

Mom went to SC and you know one of the Raiders drafting one of the greatest running backs in NFL history Out Of USC. Is when I became a Raiders fan.