• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rowand-Fukudome Discussed

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key word is discussed...

Giants, Cubs Discussed Rowand-Fukudome Swap: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

It would be a good deal for the Giants as it would give us the left-handed bat we are looking for and rid us 1 year of a bad contract. I just don't see the Cubs wanting that second year of Rowand.

Thoughts...

I agree with you. I don't think it will get done, but of course, the Giants have to be looking for anyway to get rid of him. He is the fifth (possibly sixth) outfielder on this team, and he is making the second-most amount of money. To get a player like Fukudome in return and for only one year of a horrible contract would be more than ideal.

The part of that article that interested me the most was shopping Schierholtz. What would they expect to get in return. Bullpen help? More arms never hurts with an already over-crowded outfield.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. I don't think it will get done, but of course, the Giants have to be looking for anyway to get rid of him. He is the fifth (possibly sixth) outfielder on this team, and he is making the second-most amount of money. To get a player like Fukudome in return and for only one year of a horrible contract would be more than ideal.

The part of that article that interested me the most was shopping Schierholtz. What would they expect to get in return. Bullpen help? More arms never hurts with an already over-crowded outfield.

To unload Rowand, we'd probably have to part with one of our relievers (Casilla?), so maybe they are shopping Schierholtz for bullpen help to go along with a loss of one in a Rowand trade???

Pure speculation on my part

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were able to get a AAA C+/B- level SP prospect in return, that would not be a horrible move. That would give the escape plan we need in the event we need a 6th starter sometime this season.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To unload Rowand, we'd probably have to part with one of our relievers (Casilla?), so maybe they are shopping Schierholtz for bullpen help to go along with a loss of one in a Rowand trade???

Pure speculation on my part

Logical speculation, nonetheless. This could be a "successful" offseason after all. Though, I'm not as down on it as most "analysts" already, anyway.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logical speculation, nonetheless. This could be a "successful" offseason after all. Though, I'm not as down on it as most "analysts" already, anyway.

This has been an INCREDIBLY successful off-season. No Zito, Rowand or DeRosa signings; we avoided over-paying ($$ and years) Uribe; picked up a 1 year rental SS who is at worst, a VERY small downgrade from UUU; and we cut all ties with AU.

Add to that that we kept EVERYONE we wanted to keep (with a surprise gift from Burrell).

Bonus need would be a back-up SS, but that is not vital.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fukudome would be a PERFECT platoon mate with Ross in RF. He's a plus defender, and mashes RHP and is subpar vs. LHP. Ross is a plus defender with the exact opposite hitting profile. And, of course, we shed $12MM of 2012 contract. Note that our payroll would expand by $1.5MM to accomodate the trade.

Yes, PLEASE!! Gimme some Fukudome.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been an INCREDIBLY successful off-season. No Zito, Rowand or DeRosa signings; we avoided over-paying ($$ and years) Uribe; picked up a 1 year rental SS who is at worst, a VERY small downgrade from UUU; and we cut all ties with AU.

Add to that that we kept EVERYONE we wanted to keep (with a surprise gift from Burrell).

Bonus need would be a back-up SS, but that is not vital.

Don't forget, we got rid of Velez.