• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Round of 64: Arizona vs Weber State

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha ya I mean I get the fact that they were probably thrown to the wolves by TNT but I honestly don't think they have any business being analysts for the tournament. I haven't heard them say anything worth while or anything outside of what the general public already knows. Once again, I understand that college basketball isn't their forte and I blame TNT for that.

As far as Barkely being a tent city, AZ native, I expect more in depth analysts from him regarding Arizona haha.

Yeah, it's not about quality, it's about ratings. They could toss 4 studio guys who follow college basketball 24 hours a day and have a lot of insight into the teams, and the players... and they wouldn't get 1/4 of the ratings they do with the TNT NBA studio guys.

Because Turner is broadcasting these games on several networks, they are going to put their most popular basketball analysts... regardless of how much they know the college game. Money for the network >>> Respect for the analysis.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Gonzaga. Everybody is on the OkSt bandwagon. But to tell you the truth I think Gonzaga is better. I would rather play Oklahoma State. They have a six man rotation with the tallest being 6'8. Shut down Smart, you shut down OkSt.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pulling for Gonzaga... not that I'm worried too much about OK st, but I'd rather not risk them catching lightning in a bottle and actually playing to their potential.

I feel like you know what you got with Gonzaga, but Ok st has a small chance of playing like the top-5 team they were originally thought to be.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams are scary in their own ways. I think these are arguably the best two 8-9 seeds in the tourney.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona just can't do what they did today or else they will lose.