• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round 6 (Trade up) Broncos select: Juwann Winfree, WR, Colorado

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be fun. Glad he is a Bronco.

Winfree works very hard at his craft. He often spend multiple hours over the summer and after practice - catching passes - at least one hour of which he would spend catching passes on his knees. Winfree never catches balls to his body - always with his 10" hands.

I just wish the Broncos would have signed Drew Lewis and Javier Edwards - who sent to the Texans.

One epiphany I had this morning was the Broncos are curiously not worried about the nose tackle position. Even the Dlinemen they drafted and signed are smaller and faster. I have an idea that the Broncos - instead of using big guys to occupy blockers to keep them off smaller ILBers - are going to a penetration game - where they will use Josey Jewell to clean up the run game the squeezes by the Dline.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Winfree he will be wearing #15

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver Broncos Juwann Winfree motivated to make most of his chance. Won’t have to look far. He got tattoo on back last week with child holding football and words “Dare to Dream 187,” which is where he was picked in draft. Pretty cool. If stays healthy, potential is enormous. Denver7

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winfree works very hard at his craft. He often spend multiple hours over the summer and after practice - catching passes - at least one hour of which he would spend catching passes on his knees. Winfree never catches balls to his body - always with his 10" hands.

I just wish the Broncos would have signed Drew Lewis and Javier Edwards - who sent to the Texans.

One epiphany I had this morning was the Broncos are curiously not worried about the nose tackle position. Even the Dlinemen they drafted and signed are smaller and faster. I have an idea that the Broncos - instead of using big guys to occupy blockers to keep them off smaller ILBers - are going to a penetration game - where they will use Josey Jewell to clean up the run game the squeezes by the Dline.

Read too that they will be a hybrid base, no longer a 34. We ran a lot of that the past two years anyway, so having smaller DE's might make more sense. Plus, we still have Harris to clog the middle.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very good article about Vic's defense, written 4 years ago when he was hired by the Bears after spending time with the 9ers ..

The author gets into a lot of technical detail, which for me was very informative, and one of his opening paragraphs should really give us reason to be excited ..

To put this into even more perspective, compare the Fangio hire to the Vance Joseph hire

Fangio comes to the Broncos with quite a resume and quotes from dozens and dozens NFL talent

"He's a mastermind" : DeMarcus Ware

"Lord Fangio growing his blitz package in his dungeon” : Andrew Luck

When Vance was hired, he was coming off one season as DC with the Dolphins, where he guided the 'Fins to the 29th ranked defense ..

I remember reading a quote from Vic saying that there are no positions on the D line, just defensive linemen ..

Before I get started on the details of his scheme, it’s important to grasp just how successful Fangio’s 49er defense was while he was at the helm. In Fangio’s first three seasons (2011-13), the 49ers were the only team in the NFL to finish in the top 5 in points allowed (16.1), rushing yards allowed per game (89.1), average yards per rush (3.7), 1st downs allowed (835), opposing QB rating (76), total yards allowed per game (306.5), plays allowed of 20+ yards (147), takeaways (93), and 3rd down conversion percentage (34.1%). Everyone knows the Niners had a great defense the last few years, but the stats show just how dominant it really was. For reference sake, the 49ers had the 16th ranked defense in the season before Fangio took over as DC. He took a mediocre defense and made it great right away. If he can take the Bears pathetic defense and make it just mediocre by next year, Fangio will be considered a miracle worker.

Vic Fangio’s Defensive Scheme

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very good article about Vic's defense, written 4 years ago when he was hired by the Bears after spending time with the 9ers ..

The author gets into a lot of technical detail, which for me was very informative, and one of his opening paragraphs should really give us reason to be excited ..

To put this into even more perspective, compare the Fangio hire to the Vance Joseph hire

Fangio comes to the Broncos with quite a resume and quotes from dozens and dozens NFL talent

"He's a mastermind" : DeMarcus Ware

"Lord Fangio growing his blitz package in his dungeon” : Andrew Luck

When Vance was hired, he was coming off one season as DC with the Dolphins, where he guided the 'Fins to the 29th ranked defense ..

I remember reading a quote from Vic saying that there are no positions on the D line, just defensive linemen ..

Before I get started on the details of his scheme, it’s important to grasp just how successful Fangio’s 49er defense was while he was at the helm. In Fangio’s first three seasons (2011-13), the 49ers were the only team in the NFL to finish in the top 5 in points allowed (16.1), rushing yards allowed per game (89.1), average yards per rush (3.7), 1st downs allowed (835), opposing QB rating (76), total yards allowed per game (306.5), plays allowed of 20+ yards (147), takeaways (93), and 3rd down conversion percentage (34.1%). Everyone knows the Niners had a great defense the last few years, but the stats show just how dominant it really was. For reference sake, the 49ers had the 16th ranked defense in the season before Fangio took over as DC. He took a mediocre defense and made it great right away. If he can take the Bears pathetic defense and make it just mediocre by next year, Fangio will be considered a miracle worker.

Vic Fangio’s Defensive Scheme

Nice article. Thanks for sharing Spirit.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[youtube][/youtube]