• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Round 2: (2) Pittsburgh v. (1) Washington

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They literally showed ZERO replays of it at Verizon last night. I saw BGDave's post up above too, looks too close to overturn that.

They didn't? At one point while the refs were on the phone to the War Room, the crowd erupted. The one ref looked up and had a look like "oh". I Half expected him to tap the guy on the phone on the shoulder and say "look up there". I just assumed that was the shot that proved it.

My big question is; if it was overturned, would those people get their hats back?

Anyway, entertaining game. Nice hat trick you smug bastard.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't? At one point while the refs were on the phone to the War Room, the crowd erupted. The one ref looked up and had a look like "oh". I Half expected him to tap the guy on the phone on the shoulder and say "look up there". I just assumed that was the shot that proved it.

My big question is; if it was overturned, would those people get their hats back?

Anyway, entertaining game. Nice hat trick you smug bastard.

Maybe I missed it. The beers had kicked in at that point. That would have been awesome if it was overturned and all those poor saps tossed their caps on the rink for nothing.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Bonino has 7 points in the playoffs thus far. That's pretty durn good.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pucks with chips along with sensors in the net is not as easy and simple as it seems.

You have to think about how much that would cost to make, pucks are more expensive x82games x30teams plus the playoffs. It's a business, you're going to have a hard time convincing the guys making money at the top that all this technology would be a good investment.

Then someone has to present an actual layout on how this would work, are the sensors in the net? Will the goalie interfere with the sensors? How accurate can we ensure they are? Does the rule change to the puck has to break the plain instead of fully cross the goal line?

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pucks with chips along with sensors in the net is not as easy and simple as it seems.

You have to think about how much that would cost to make, pucks are more expensive x82games x30teams plus the playoffs. It's a business, you're going to have a hard time convincing the guys making money at the top that all this technology would be a good investment.

Then someone has to present an actual layout on how this would work, are the sensors in the net? Will the goalie interfere with the sensors? How accurate can we ensure they are? Does the rule change to the puck has to break the plain instead of fully cross the goal line?

Plus the issue that the fox glow puck had, which is that it altered the way it bounced/rolled etc.

Easier way to do it would be to put cameras inside the posts, low at the goal line and in each joint where the posts meet the crossbar. All pointing at the goal line. An HD camera, 2 inches above the ice in that right post and there is no argument.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya know, I thought the Caps had a void in the douchegoon department when Erskine moved on, but Wilson has really taken advantage of his opportunity and stepped into that role nicely.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, I thought the Caps had a void in the douchegoon department when Erskine moved on, but Wilson has really taken advantage of his opportunity and stepped into that role nicely.
Guy's a complete scumbag.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy's a complete scumbag.

The "international society of guys who wear #43" is meeting tomorrow to revoke his membership. Problem is, we don't like Conor Sheary either.

Wilson might just get to stay as we only eject one guy a year, if ever.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if they deemed it an accident (how, exactly?), he did something really stupid, reckless, and dangerous which had an actual consequence, and an action which isn't common throughout the game to boot. How does he not get at least a game for that?

I mean, full disclosure, I'd be penalizing and upwards of suspending guys for all the stick work that goes on during games, but the league has been pretty clear about not caring about that, but this is something they usually at least pretend to take seriously.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the puck was coated in a special material that only showed up on special cameras? Like the x-ray machines at the airport? Just have one of these cameras overhead, and you'd be able to pick out the location and orientation of the puck even if the view was obstructed by the goalie.

Can someone with sciency knowledge think of something?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the puck should be filled with a radioactive material that only shows up on x-rays. Have a bunch of x-ray cameras that are always on positioned on the posts and crossbar that can see the puck through bodies and equipment. Problem solved.

No other problems with that, right?