• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Round 1 - Boston vs. Toronto

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardiner -5, I am going to puke the next time I hear someone say he still has potential.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this was the first time all season that the Leafs allowed four third period goals.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It simply does not compute for me how the Leafs think either one of them are worth putting on the ice. I swear to god it would be better just to put four forwards out there. I love Babcock but it can be tough sometimes. All year we have watched those two guys make terrible game altering decisions and it never gets fixed. Gardiner may as well have dropped a grenade on the bench tonight, he was that completely and terribly awful.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Damien Cox says you're crazy, puck...

any time i think polar opposite of damien cox, i'm pretty confident i'm on the right track

for clarity, i din't think +/- is the be all and end all (see Polak), but my post was
after 2 in a row where Gardiner was flat out brutal, and it ended up in the back of the net.
well deserved minuses.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that basically blew dead bears (Greg, you know who you are).

Andersen picked the wrong night to be off. If he played like he did in Games 5 and 6, the Leafs win.

But so many others did not show up. From my seat: Matthews, Nylander, Kadri, JVR, Bozak all had subpar nights. But they still scored 4 goals and could have won.

It really could not end any other way. All year, we knew that D was the soft spot, and last night showed it again. Kudos to Rielly for coming back for the second period. Dermott will be on the blueline next year. And I agree that +/- is the not the best stat, but Polak wasn't that bad. Gardiner needs to produce more offensively to balance out his weaknesses.

Looking forward to enjoying the rest of the playoffs without a dog in the hunt. Well, Nashville and Vegas are still hunting. Good luck to all still in this thing!

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardiner -5, I am going to puke the next time I hear someone say he still has potential.

Stay away from his teammates I guess, they've got a ton of good things to say about him.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus minus is not a great stat. Can be misleading. Gardiner in Game 7 is a good example. I am not gonna hang the guy because Andersen played like someone removed the center out of his danish (meaning the 5 hole goals were pretty darn weak). Far from Gardiner's worst game.