• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rotation

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I'm confused ... is this what will happen if it goes 7 games

Game 3 - Cain
Game 4 - Freak
Game 5 - Bum

Game 6 - Tron
Game 7 - Cain

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Damn I'm confused ... is this what will happen if it goes 7 games

Game 3 - Cain
Game 4 - Freak
Game 5 - Zito

Game 6 - Tron
Game 7 - Cain

Zeets in game five is my understanding. But with possible rain outs, Tron could move into Zito's game five start.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow ... does that mean Bum moves to the pen for long relief ... similar to what Timmay did?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow ... does that mean Bum moves to the pen for long relief ... similar to what Timmay did?

After Game 1, he sounded resigned to the fact that moving to the bullpen was a distinct possibility. He didn't sound like a guy fighting for his job back. Maybe he knows something that we don't? Maybe he's just a young guy who's disappointed in himself and letting down his teammates.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Game 1, he sounded resigned to the fact that moving to the bullpen was a distinct possibility. He didn't sound like a guy fighting for his job back. Maybe he knows something that we don't? Maybe he's just a young guy who's disappointed in himself and letting down his teammates.

This.

My read on it is that he has essentially tapped out. His heart isnt in it. He is defeated.

Change his role a bit right now and let him move on.

This NOT NOT NOT NOT an attack on him. Dude is only 22. He is allowed to have a bout of immaturity on occasion. He is an Ace, and will resume that next year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

My read on it is that he has essentially tapped out. His heart isnt in it. He is defeated.

This NOT NOT NOT NOT an attack on him. Dude is only 22. He is allowed to have a bout of immaturity on occasion. He is an Ace, and will resume that next year.

I hope this isn't the case, because while it's true he's young, he's been in the league a couple years plus now, and character is character whatever your age....

We need him to win this thing. And not to look ahead too far but Detroit is cruising to the WS and Verlander is pitching in games 1, 4 and 7.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This.

I think I saw fear in his eyes.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

I didn't intend to imply the bold above (sorry for the confusion if there was any). Sometimes though, if you know your mechanics aren't right and you haven't been able to get back in rhythm now for over a month, you've got to do what's best for the team.....mainly, come out of the bullpen or be a cheerleader and work your ass off in side sessions until whatever you need to get clicking, clicks.

I hope this isn't the case, because while it's true he's young, he's been in the league a couple years plus now, and character is character whatever your age....

We need him to win this thing. And not to look ahead too far but Detroit is cruising to the WS and Verlander is pitching in games 1, 4 and 7.

MadBum to me is one of the most mentally strong Giants on the team. I'm not too worried about his long term prognosis (at least when it comes to his head.....injuries and mechanics are another story). Obviously he threw the gem in a pressure packed situation against Texas in 2010, but that's not what impresses me about him the most. A telling moment for me with young pitchers is what their demeanor is after they give up a long ball. A lot of pitchers (ahem::: Latos:::ahem) get really frustrated or scared to throw the ball into the strike zone after someone jacks a homerun. MadBum seems intent on channeling his anger into pounding the strike zone to the very next hitter. Not an easy thing to do after somebody takes you 440ft on a national/local broadcast. Like you said, character is character.....and he's shown a ton of it even after a lot of folks gave up on him after his velocity drop in the minors as well. I must admit, when I saw him and Posey down in AAA Fresno, I wasn't impressed with him (this was during the velocity drop). He hung around and gave me and a lot of others a nice big shitburger to eat. :heh:

Not too worried about that just yet. Giants need to get there first.

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't intend to imply the bold above (sorry for the confusion if there was any). Sometimes though, if you know your mechanics aren't right and you haven't been able to get back in rhythm now for over a month, you've got to do what's best for the team.....mainly, come out of the bullpen or be a cheerleader and work your ass off in side sessions until whatever you need to get clicking, clicks.

MadBum to me is one of the most mentally strong Giants on the team. I'm not too worried about his long term prognosis (at least when it comes to his head.....injuries and mechanics are another story). Obviously he threw the gem in a pressure packed situation against Texas in 2010, but that's not what impresses me about him the most. A telling moment for me with young pitchers is what their demeanor is after they give up a long ball. A lot of pitchers (ahem::: Latos:::ahem) get really frustrated or scared to throw the ball into the strike zone after someone jacks a homerun. MadBum seems intent on channeling his anger into pounding the strike zone to the very next hitter. Not an easy thing to do after somebody takes you 440ft on a national/local broadcast. Like you said, character is character.....and he's shown a ton of it even after a lot of folks gave up on him after his velocity drop in the minors as well. I must admit, when I saw him and Posey down in AAA Fresno, I wasn't impressed with him (this was during the velocity drop). He hung around and gave me and a lot of others a nice big shitburger to eat. :heh:

Not too worried about that just yet. Giants need to get there first.

Nice post!

I don't care what everyone says about you filo, you're a good guy...

:fish:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post!

I don't care what everyone says about you filo, you're a good guy...

:fish:

They only say those things because they signed a 5 year contract on the monthy dues (gotta read the fine print). Otherwise, I'm a swell guy.....or am I?

:confused2:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

I knew I worded it too harshly.

I meant that he has not had success, and that he seemed lost as to what is wrong and has lost his confidence. Not that he is in the corner pouting. That is why I included the bit about it not being an attack on him. I would have lost respect for him if he were pouting.

I agree, he is nailz. I have stated numerous times, and still believe, that he will be the best of the bunch when all is said about this rotation. He is just hitting a speed bump that has baffled him. He is 22 years old. He is allowed to be baffled/frustrated on occasion.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only say those things because they signed a 5 year contract on the monthy dues (gotta read the fine print). Otherwise, I'm a swell guy.....or am I?

:confused2:

Ultimately, I decided these things anyway. Now shut up, all of us!

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure this is a simple thing. We're really moving into an area that deals with personality traits and characteristics. I'm not sure where MadBum actually is. There are some players that just dig in deeper when faced with adversity. They seem to find an inner polace that let's them regroup. I personally think Tron has this ability. Their are other players that just seem to melt when this happens and never regroup for that game. Worst case is when this happens a few games in a row and a 'new' game start doesn't reset the clock for them. IMHO this is part of Timmay's problem. He's having a real difficult time resetting his game. I think if your self-confidence gets damaged it's very difficult to reset everything. In essense you have stopped believing in yourself to some degree. I really hope MadBum doesn't take that route.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's just worn out. I'd shut him down til ST.