• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

roster stability

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can only speak for my Bears. The roster turn over was needed.
We had 20 something new guys last yr. Will probably come close to that # again this yr. Due to poor drafting by our previous GM, FA, age, too high of a contract, and just some guys sucking.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can only speak for my Bears. The roster turn over was needed.
We had 20 something new guys last yr. Will probably come close to that # again this yr. Due to poor drafting by our previous GM, FA, age, too high of a contract, and just some guys sucking.

Yeah, 2011 was Angelo's last year here.

Emery has only done what pretty much any GM would want to do. Build his own team. Which resulted in letting a fair share of our vets see the door.

So, I'd be much more interested to see this statistic two years from now, looking back on how many players returned from this year's upcoming squad.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Emery has only done what pretty much any GM would want to do. Build his own team. Which resulted in letting a fair share of our vets see the door.

So, I'd be much more interested to see this statistic two years from now, looking back on how many players returned from this year's upcoming squad.

If our D stayed healthy last yr . Just think Phil would have been GM of the year.
The vets he's shown the door to, were well deserving . The vets he has kept are deserving as well.
Just think Phil's doing a great job of improving our roster, while getting a bit younger & cheaper.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fair share of the vets I can see, but when that includes draft picks from the second and third rounds that you chose its a bad thing.

Odds are the other teams that kept players since 2011 have more draft picks still on the roster.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emery doesn't sleep. Pretty sure, if we had won the Super Bowl last year, we'd be seeing a 10-15 player turn over...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our D stayed healthy last yr . Just think Phil would have been GM of the year.
The vets he's shown the door to, were well deserving . The vets he has kept are deserving as well.
Just think Phil's doing a great job of improving our roster, while getting a bit younger & cheaper.

Agreed. I don't see how many fans could be disappointed, at all.

The guy is a machine. He just comes off as a man who has a plan, and he's going to get it done.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I don't see how many fans could be disappointed, at all.

The guy is a machine. He just comes off as a man who has a plan, and he's going to get it done.

:agree::suds: