• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster Moves Made

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were deadline deals, but not the 'giant splash' ones. Hossa deal was... remember? How great that was, and so-on and so-forth. Kovalchuk to the Devils was huge.

I guess my point was...these super-star trades rarely equal the hype that they create in the long run. Hell, Dupuis went from the throw-in roster player to the best part of that Hossa trade.

And again, I have always loved Iginla. I'm glad he's here and I hope it works. I just hope they haven't added to many high performance parts to the engine of the race car.

I would say Kunitz to the Pens and Carter to the Kings were bigger deals in how they impacted the team, Ryan Whitney and Jack Johnson went the other ways. The Pens gave up zero roster players for Iginla.

Hossa worked out well, they made the finals after getting destroyed the year earlier. They don't make the Finals that year, they probably don't win the next year.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pens sign Quinnipiac goalie Eric Hartzell. It runs through the remainder of the season. He's big, 6'4'' 187lbs.. 23 yrs old and a Hoby Baker aaward finalist. This is a great signing by the Pens... hoepfully he enjoys his time here in Pittsburgh and likes what they have to offer him... with the lack of picks in this upcoming draft, it would be nice to get a 'decent' goalie prospect without wasting a draft pick...

This year he was 30-7-5, 1.57GA, .933S% (58-27-17, 1.96GA, .924S%, 10 SO for career)

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a fantastic signing for Pittsburgh. I am surprised that Hartzell signed with the Pens to be honest. In any case, it's great to have a top prospect like him. Brad Thiessen is an UFA this off-season. Hartzell would be, as well. Maybe he plans on being Thiessen's replacement... and eventually Fleury's perhaps....

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2012 sixth round picks inks an ELC with the Penguins

The Pittsburgh Penguins and GM Ray Shero announced that they have signed forward Anton Zlobin to a three-year entry-level contract, due to expire during the 2015-16 season.
Zlobin, 20, was drafted by the Pens in the sixth round (173rd overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft and has impressed many this season playing in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL).
In 61 games for the Val-d’Or Foreurs, the 189-pound forward recorded 91 points (29G, 62A), good for 9th overall in scoring for the QMJHL.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see them playing in WBS for the playoffs. Can't wait to watch those three come up starting next year.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrington and Maatta played in game four on Friday night, and the former London Knight captain scored on his first shot on goal during the powerplay. Harrington and Maatta played together on the second PP unit. Pens lost though, and are down 3-1 in the series. Game five is tonight in Syracuse.

The AHL | mobile | HOME