• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster Cuts

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree he is overrated, but he would have been an easy upgrade over any of those guys I listed. While pats struggled, I don't think he was the main reason for it either.

I don't know that he's an upgrade over Williams.

But more importantly, he wouldn't start over Whitner at SS or Goldson and Smith at FS, so can he contribute on ST? I think Spillman is a better ST guy and Jones was drafted specifically for ST, so I would assume he's better than Meriweather as well.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that he's an upgrade over Williams.

But more importantly, he wouldn't start over Whitner at SS or Goldson and Smith at FS, so can he contribute on ST? I think Spillman is a better ST guy and Jones was drafted specifically for ST, so I would assume he's better than Meriweather as well.

While I agree he is overrated, I have a hard time saying he is so overrated, that he wouldn't push for a starting spot here. That makes me feel like our guys are being overrating, cause I'm honestly not THAT impressed by them.

Whitner wouldn't be challenged, but I think FS has a good amount of uncertainty. Neither Goldson or Smith have lived up to their potential IMO. Of course I want to give them a chance to do it, but if we could have got merriweather at a respectable price, then I'd have no problem cutting one of the ST guys go, to let him compete. I honestly disagree he couldn't beat out williams though. Williams showed promise at one point, but that seems to be behind him.

I'll admit I didn't watch him this off season though, maybe he looked horrible? Either way he is a bear now, so I'm not interested in putting to much into this.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Like we said, initial rosters are not final rosters. RT @RichCimini: Jets waive Maybin, Tevaseu, Trufant, place McElroy on IR.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Bears RB Chester Taylor has agreed to a deal with the Arizona Cardinals.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Rams are going to pick up Wragge, that must have left Seattle furious.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My paranoia says it isn't such a big deal to lose guys to division rivals this year because with a new offense and defense they won't know them as well as they would have in the past.

However, with Harbaugh's offense there's probably a lot more to it after a month of practice than there was after a year+ of Singletary's "scheme" (I use the word scheme very loosely and generously).

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Singletary is still looking at film......

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona and Jets also put in waiver claims for former Patriots WR Brandon Tate, who was awarded to Cincinnati.