• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rosehill Comments on Fighting

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Rosehill thinks enforcer John Scott's decision to fight Phil Kessel is a sign of the changing times.

The idea that the bigger, stronger players battle each other instead of the skill players seems to be fading. "Yeah, I know the code," Rosehill said. "The code is changing. The rules are different. I know coaches recently say, 'Go after their skill.' That is the mentality and that will keep [happening] because if two tough guys fight each other, what does that matter? There are different schools of thought." Rosehill, like Scott, is a player known more for his physical nature than anything else. If Rosehill ever played a full NHL season, he would probably lead the league in penalty minutes.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to dislike fighting, it takes away from the game, what's it gonna take for it to be outlawed?? A death?? It will happen, its not a matter of if but when! It's the only game that allows it to take place, what happens when a fight breaks out in mlb??? Suspensions & fines, it might be time for them to put their foot down and do the same! Goons add nothing to the game and have no skill, they do not deserve to be on rosters in my opinion. I have no prob with being physical but fighting is just plain stupid!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to dislike fighting, it takes away from the game, what's it gonna take for it to be outlawed?? A death?? It will happen, its not a matter of if but when! It's the only game that allows it to take place, what happens when a fight breaks out in mlb??? Suspensions & fines, it might be time for them to put their foot down and do the same! Goons add nothing to the game and have no skill, they do not deserve to be on rosters in my opinion. I have no prob with being physical but fighting is just plain stupid!

Then be prepared for guys like kaleta slashing the fuck out of your star players with no repercussions. It's bad already but would be worse. Ncaa is a slashfest cheapshot league. To police the game without fighting the refs would be calling penalties galore and you don't have a big enough roster to handle all the players in the box. If anything continue to stop the staged fighting spontaneous is fine. Besides crowds always love a good fight!

Last edited by a moderator:

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The minute you take fighting out of the NHL is the minute I stop watching. It will become a cheap-shit, pussy league.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The minute you take fighting out of the NHL is the minute I stop watching. It will become a cheap-shit, pussy league.

Believe me ,you have nothing to fear for a long time.
They'll throw in game misconducts at best to curb it.The "staged" fights have no place in hockey.

The so called "goon" is becoming a thing of the past in the new salary cap era.Who in the hell wants to waste $ 1 mil plus on a guy that might play 5 minutes and spend twice that in the penalty box.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me ,you have nothing to fear for a long time.
They'll throw in game misconducts at best to curb it.The "staged" fights have no place in hockey.

The so called "goon" is becoming a thing of the past in the new salary cap era.Who in the hell wants to waste $ 1 mil plus on a guy that might play 5 minutes and spend twice that in the penalty box.

... The flyers :Cry:

I'm against the staged crap, but fighting should stay in the game.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to like hockey fights as much as the next guy, but after learning about Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, & Wade Belak, I don't think players should be making a living like this.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to like hockey fights as much as the next guy, but after learning about Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, & Wade Belak, I don't think players should be making a living like this.

Most of those guys would be out fighting at the neighborhood bar every night at least they're getting paid for it. No different than boxing or ufc. No one likes the side effects but it's their choice and they keep the stars from being hammered on all game.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey needs fighting as most fans who watch only do so for the fights. I personally watch for the greatness of the game first then the fights. It's a sad fact that most fans go to hockey games only for the fights. NHL would lose a lot of money if there was no fighting.