• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rose Bowl Role Call

Johnny Spartan

Big Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay who's going?

I booked my trip on the way home from Indy on Sunday morning. I will be staying at the Marriott in Manhattan Beach.

I've been waiting 26 years for a return trip and I wasn't going to miss this one. :suds:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pouting in Atlanta...

Okay who's going?

I booked my trip on the way home from Indy on Sunday morning. I will be staying at the Marriott in Manhattan Beach.

I've been waiting 26 years for a return trip and I wasn't going to miss this one. :suds:

good stuff Johnny...proud of yah, and jealous as hell.

Last night I told wifey that we'd just received a couple of email congrats and inquiries from friends of ours living in SoCal and...lol, she cut me off mid-stride and laid down the law: "Don't even THINK about it, boy, you're NOT going to California and leaving ME to deal with all your gddamned relatives for New Years!"

fuck

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last night I told wifey that we'd just received a couple of email congrats and inquiries from friends of ours living in SoCal and...lol, she cut me off mid-stride and laid down the law: "Don't even THINK about it, boy, you're NOT going to California and leaving ME to deal with all your gddamned relatives for New Years!"

fuck

Well that is simple, Cancel NY and both of you go to Cali

Johnny Spartan

Big Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fuck

Word is that MSU has already used up their allocation of tickets and have started to buy tickets from Stanford. That Rose Bowl is going to be mostly Green, pent up demand is going to see to that. According to several sources the price of Rose Bowl tickets on the secondary market is more than twice what is was for last years Rose Bowl, and they are the most expensive bowl ticket next to the N.C. Game. Flights out of the Midwest to L.A. are sold old, flights to Vegas are mostly sold out, same with other nearby airports. Spartans are going to show up and own that town.

On a funny side note. I have stayed away from CBSsportsline since they changed their message board but I broke down and checked out the Spartan page and happened to see several posts that compare to War & Peace in volume, that were written by dickhead LovinMSU. That piece of shit is still complaining about Dantonio and Izzo. One of the greatest times in MSU sports history and that giant douche is still not happy. GISpartan was still giving him shit and I couldn't resist firing off several insults to that mental midget. God Damn I swear that stupid mother fucker is the biggest waste of space to ever grace a sports message board. :wtf2:

GG-GW

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a funny side note. I have stayed away from CBSsportsline since they changed their message board but I broke down and checked out the Spartan page and happened to see several posts that compare to War & Peace in volume, that were written by dickhead LovinMSU. That piece of shit is still complaining about Dantonio and Izzo. One of the greatest times in MSU sports history and that giant douche is still not happy. GISpartan was still giving him shit and I couldn't resist firing off several insults to that mental midget. God Damn I swear that stupid mother fucker is the biggest waste of space to ever grace a sports message board. :wtf2:

GG-GW

I miss GISpartan, Alum2000, Bob, 76, etc...wish you'd waste a little more time here too...but...(dammit, I just HAD to see what you were talking about, so went and looked - gad!)...I sure's shit don't miss that pos Hatin thing at all.

btw, do the medical clinics in California honor Michigan cardholder patients? no need for the CrackerBarrel toothpick holder. :nod:

Johnny Spartan

Big Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss GISpartan, Alum2000, Bob, 76, etc...wish you'd waste a little more time here too...but...(dammit, I just HAD to see what you were talking about, so went and looked - gad!)...I sure's shit don't miss that pos Hatin thing at all.

btw, do the medical clinics in California honor Michigan cardholder patients? no need for the CrackerBarrel toothpick holder. :nod:

Don't know about them California clinics, sure would be nice if they did. :agree:

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Spartan fan was sitting at the table next to me at Dinner last night. Dude had on a white polo with the big green S on it. I kept thinking of all the HS in the area, none started with S that had green as their school colors. I asked if he was an MSU fan, he asked if I was a Stanford fan before saying yes. I said nope and pulled out the Buckeye I carry in my pocket and laid it on the table. Cool Dude he grew up in Lansing and went to school there. Odds of a Buckeye fan & Sparty fan sitting next to each other in the Central Valley of California are pretty high.
BIG fans are everywhere.
Go Spartans
Beat Stanford
Go Buckeyes
Beat Michigan

msuspartan73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really bucky, when I was driving semi I met BIG fans all over the country. Only state I didn't get to was SD along with Ontario Quebec and Manitoba we do love to travel

msuspartan73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wish I could Johnny, even if I could get the time off, I checked prices out of MBS 1200 starting plus game tix, can't afford it.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to hit the lottery last night so i could go first class all the way....but......and my wife says, if i go, shes going.....that would be around 6-8 grand....ouch....so.....ill be spending new years eve in mich.....have to travel back to chicago new years day....so ill be watching on DVR when i get home....phones getting cut off...only listening to music on way home....it worked the year we beat georgia.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIG fans ARE everywhere.

Not really bucky, when I was driving semi I met BIG fans all over the country. Only state I didn't get to was SD along with Ontario Quebec and Manitoba we do love to travel

Can't remember where I saw it, but I do remember the numbers were impressive: Michigan State has over 500,000 living alumni (less than ½ in Michigan) spread around the world...further, that Ohio State, Minnesota, Penn State, Michigan (hell, most of the conference) all boast similar or higher numbers. (figure avg of 200,000/school living out-of-state...2,400,000 B1G alumni out there; figure only 2,000,000 live in the USA...figure only 10%/200,000 are living in California...CA pop is 38,000,000, so B1G alumni make up less than 1-in-190...figure, then, the chances of Nickle's sitting next to a B1G alumni were 1-in-95...figure the chances of that B1G alumni sitting next to Nickle being a Sparty, then, would be 1-in-1,140.) Those are pretty high odds.

amirite?

I wear a Spartan block white S green cap everywhere here in Atlanta...rarely hear "Go Green"...but regularly (especially recently) hear "All Right Sparty!" gddam SECrs finally giving some respect our way is a good thing...amazing how many here are pissed they missed Dry Branch, GA 2-star recruit/1st Round NFL Dennard...heh.

Johnny Spartan

Big Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves - I've got to take the wife and she wants to go to the parade, so I said yes. Just found out the bus for the parade leaves hotel at 4:15 am :wtf2:

How the hell am I going to ring in the New Year properly :suds: if I have to get up at 3:30 am to get on a damn bus. I could do that shit in my 20's but I'm in my 40's now and that might kill me. :laugh3:

I guess it will be a tame New Year's Eve with an early bed time. But when that parade is over I'm going to toss back beers like it's the end of the world. I heard that they sell beer at the Rose Bowl so that should help lessen the sting of a quiet New Year's Eve.

BTW - your estimate on cost is double what I paid.

GG-GW

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anything to keep my mind off how jealous I am of Johnny...

wifey & I just got home (at 3am this morning) from a spontaneous 'jaunt' up to Michigan. decided to go, packed and were headed north in 30 minutes last Thursday...drove all night, arrived in St. Clair at 4:30am on Friday. Attended a funeral (wifey's cousin) Friday...got stuffed & smashed at a 'Festivus Party' that night in St. Clair Shores with old friends...On Saturday we hit the Adair Bar with 8 other friends and had the best fried Perch Dinner in Michigan...Sunday to Grosse Point Woods to see wifey's ailing uncle then out to Bloomfield to console/congratulate an old Sparty buddy - whose wife walked out on him three days before Christmas...left Bloomfield at 2:30pm for ATL.

family starts flying in tonight and tomorrow (3 brothers, their wives & 4 of our 6 nieces/nephews - from Colorado and Nevada)...we've not all been together since Mom took everybody to Kauai for 1999/2000 New Year's. (we were all together in Colorado 15 months later to bury Mom - actually, we spread her ashes to the winds off the Continental Divide - and this gathering is to honor her & pop...so it'll be a good time with the family.)

oh yes...was also able to pick up my prescription ("LEMON DIESEL") while in Michigan. gad. delicious medicine.

:suds:

Happy New Year!
GO GREEN!

Johnny Spartan

Big Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game - what a trip

my seat for the 100th Rose Bowl - it doesn't get much better than that!

Johnny Spartan

Big Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honorary Captain - Kirk Cousins - pep rally - L.A. Live

1st Lady of MSU Hoops - Lupe Izzo - at the Yard House

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im so damn jealous......ahaha had seen lupe was going...but not tom..