• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

roll tide

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, nothing surprising here. Just your typical day in the SEC. They pull scholarships all the time, overcommitt, etc etc.

I forgot that Alabama was the only team in the SEC.

UGA is not so innocent..

Yes... they are.

Georgia Oversigning.com

A few years ago Georgia & Vanderbilt pledged to not oversign.

Georgia Oversigning.com
I agree.

Florida's AD made the pledge also.

Welcome to SportsHoopla.

in-one-ear-out-the-other.jpg

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate Alabama, I hope that kid stays there and doesn't end up on the ACC team in his home state...

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 2008-2012, Bama signed 137 players. 137 players!

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
geaux tigers

And LSU sent The #27 OL in the country (#228 overall per rivals) packing .. at least Miles had the decency to let him know at the beginning of january instead of february .. actually, they didn't send him packing. they just wanted him to pay for the spring semester himself .. the #27 OL in the country that is

Geaux Tigers !!!

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be a stupid question, but can Bama even pull anymore kids for the 2012 class or are they done? Or would they just boot a 3 star kid for someone like a 4-5 star?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be a stupid question, but can Bama even pull anymore kids for the 2012 class or are they done? Or would they just boot a 3 star kid for someone like a 4-5 star?

I think you answered your own question.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks - wasn't sure if that would really happen. Kind if a d*ck move.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks - wasn't sure if that would really happen. Kind if a d*ck move.

According to DirectSnap, Jamie Winston, 5-star QB commit to FSU is visiting Bama today. If Winston jumps to Bama, which of Bama's 3-star verbals will Saban kick to the curb? He's already done it once.

Winston is the Alabama Class 5A (6A is their top level) Back of the Year.

Bama also has the 6A Back of the Year...RB T. J. Yeldon. Winston was runner-up to Yeldon for Alabama's "Mr. Football".

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You'll give my girl a job right?? What are the odds that, in light of rumors over the Saban tenure already, that NCAA sets up shop in Tuscaloosa and runs Bama through the ringer to find something? Sad thing is, offering the girlfriend a job technically doesn't violate policy.

Collins GF promised job?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... Saban seems to enjoy walking the fine line between recruiting allegations (although apparently this is not) and just simply not running a tight ship. If this kind of behavior is going on, you know that it probably goes much, much deeper than that with certain individuals. I know some guys on here have been chattering that something is coming up on Alabama here soon, I will be interested to hear what that is. If he is doing this kind of stuff, I would expect Alabama to be under the fire in the next few years.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I can tell, the stuff going on at Alabama involves impermissible benefits. There is a local sporting goods/department store that appears to be operating similarly to the Ohio State tattoo parlor; autograph some jerseys and memorabilia and get free stuff in return. Bama fans can argue all they want that the pictures prove nothing, but they are naive and don't realize that their team is considered to be the biggest cheaters in the country. They are currently on probation for a textbook scandal, so any charges that occur within the next year would be big.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope Bama gets thumped

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll give my girl a job right?? What are the odds that, in light of rumors over the Saban tenure already, that NCAA sets up shop in Tuscaloosa and runs Bama through the ringer to find something? Sad thing is, offering the girlfriend a job technically doesn't violate policy.

Collins GF promised job?

The NCAA passed a new bylaw in 2010 pertaining specifically to men's basketball that prohibits a university from employing an individual associated with a prospective student-athlete. This bylaw, however, does not apply to college football recruits.

Even though I don't think he offered her a job .. We'd be okay anyways.

If you guys don't remember LSU's own star russel Shepard followed his girlfriend to LSU and she landed a job in the AD.

Do you have any idea how much these kids get paid to work in the athletic department? It's very very little and it's also public record since its a state institution. Therefore they would be stupid to pay her any more than anyone else with the freedom of information act requiring open book keeping.

So if this girl wants to work for free to put a couple hundred bucks in her boyfriends pockets every other week, instead of having money of her own, then that shite is on her dumbass. :frusty:

Edit: Oh and the "Rumor" was started by Collins mom who is pissed off anyways.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From what I can tell, the stuff going on at Alabama involves impermissible benefits. There is a local sporting goods/department store that appears to be operating similarly to the Ohio State tattoo parlor; autograph some jerseys and memorabilia and get free stuff in return. Bama fans can argue all they want that the pictures prove nothing, but they are naive and don't realize that their team is considered to be the biggest cheaters in the country. They are currently on probation for a textbook scandal, so any charges that occur within the next year would be big.

Bama is definitely a repeat offender...I don't think the NCAA will cut them much slack if they decide to investigate.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So the kid that is getting shoved to the side -- was he pissed off (link below)?? Coach Saban is gonna find him a job too .. I'm not sure if that's a violation -- but if not, it is (again) treading a very fine line. It's programs like Alabama (and Auburn a few yrs ago with Newton) that know EXACTLY what is legal and what is not and push their limits .. An honest program doesn't get near those lines.

What will do you do this fall? “He said I’m going to stay in Georgia. They are going to find me a job. I’m going to work. I’m going to physical therapy at least seven days per week. I guess I will work, go to physical therapy and get strong … I will come in with the class of 2013. I’ll get there with the early group so I can do winter workouts and spring football.”

This Kid

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will do you do this fall? “He said I’m going to stay in Georgia. They are going to find me a job. I’m going to work. I’m going to physical therapy at least seven days per week. I guess I will work, go to physical therapy and get strong … I will come in with the class of 2013. I’ll get there with the early group so I can do winter workouts and spring football.”

This Kid

Getting that Bama education to realize he will have a tough time getting it more than 7 days a week

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's not only tip toeing up to the line of breaking ncaa policy, they are running flat over it. The NCAA/ESPN is why they aren't in trouble this very moment. Way to much stuff going on with both programs in the state of Alabama for neither of them to be currently under an NCAA investigation....only one reason for that, and i think most people can piece that together for themselves. Neither Auburn nor Alabama will go under the microscope until some big name journalistic group, like yahoo for example, decides they want to ruffle some feathers.