• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rivera says SB losers shouldn't have to talk for 3 days.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media is one of the major contributing factors to why these guys make millions of dollars playing a game for a living.

So they need to just shut the fuck up and deal with it!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is making generalizations and relying on stereotypes part of the zeitgeist as well?
I'm just going by what Ron Rivera said.

"These are millennials, these are young men and women athletes that are being brought up in a different way and we need to learn to adapt to the way they are," Rivera said, via NFL.com. "These are young people that express themselves. When he's happy, he's going to express himself, when he's sad he's going to express himself, too.

"So I think we just need to accept, understand or at least anticipate we're not going to get him at his best."

Ron Rivera says Cam Newton didn't talk after the Super Bowl because he's a millennial

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i adressed the media post SB loss, I would start with this statement " We lost, hats off to the other team, and before you ask any dumb questions about how I feel, I'm pissed off" .......... From that point on my only response would be "No Comment", I'd say this over and over again until the media gave up on me.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why wait? Players run away afterwards anyway... What is the media gonna do track down the players? Suck it up and speak after the game. Get it over with!

If that Vikings kicker can stand there & accept 100% of the blame & not backtrack at all then it really should be no big deal for Newton to act like a man during a press conference after a SB loss. If not - fine - tell Cam Newton to lay off the in-your-face celebrations & not act like a d-bag during victories. Be consistent.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i adressed the media post SB loss, I would start with this statement " We lost, hats off to the other team, and before you ask any dumb questions about how I feel, I'm pissed off" .......... From that point on my only response would be "No Comment", I'd say this over and over again until the media gave up on me.

Hmm - kind of sounds like LeBron James.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Manster - I got too caught up with gambling, drinking & strip clubs to try out the sandwich place in Vegas - appreciate the suggestion - will try it some day. :suds:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Manster - I got too caught up with gambling, drinking & strip clubs to try out the sandwich place in Vegas - appreciate the suggestion - will try it some day. :suds:
Gambling, Drinking and Strip Clubs???? Hope you had fun because your wallet took a beating.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that Vikings kicker can stand there & accept 100% of the blame & not backtrack at all then it really should be no big deal for Newton to act like a man during a press conference after a SB loss. If not - fine - tell Cam Newton to lay off the in-your-face celebrations & not act like a d-bag during victories. Be consistent.

I agree with you completely. I mean I get it sucks royally to have to answer questions after a loss, especially after a Super Bowl lose but man up and do it!

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice for the players, but a big reason they get paid what they do is people are interested in their reactions to winning, losing, choices in life, etc. Nobody really cares what the losers have to say in a prepared statement 3 days after the game.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam didn't care about losing. You could tell that when he didn't go after the fumble. He was mad because he didn't have time to change into his ghey clothes before the press conference.