• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RIP Mike Bossy

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Potvin sucks chant would occasionally break out at the circus at MSG back in the 80's. It was especially priceless when Adam Graves paused at the ceremony to retire his number so the Potvin sucks whistle and chant could be completed.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Mike. Was so good. What a sniper. He ventilated the canucks in the 82 finals (7 goals in 4 games) and i couldnt even hate the guy. He was unstoppable and then-8-year-old me wanted him on my team. Such a gentleman too.

One of the things that endeared him to me was his domination of the Canucks.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As prolific a goal scorer as Mike Bossy was, his career was cut short due to a debilitating back issue that plagued him the last several years of his playing days. With better health, I'm thinking he could have scored over 700 goals easy.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sad to hear of his passing. He killed my Bruins on his way to 4 straight Stanley Cups, but mad respect for him. To me, the greatest, purest goal scorer ever. Just an incredible shot. Like Orr, injuries prematurely ended an incredible career. Who knows how great a rivalry the Islanders and Oilers might have had, had Mike not suffered from the back issues. Great hockey player, great human being. You'll be missed Mike, our hearts are heavy. :pray:

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how tough you think you are, it scares the shit out of you. RIP Mike.

Believe me. Neck surgery this coming Monday. I'm terrified that they're not going to get it all.
Prayers for you Ken. Wishing you the best. Will find out next month if I have cancer on my thyroid. Blessed every day I wake up and enjoying every day I can. Swinging the golf clubs every chance I get. lol.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prayers for you Ken. Wishing you the best. Will find out next month if I have cancer on my thyroid. Blessed every day I wake up and enjoying every day I can. Swinging the golf clubs every chance I get. lol.

All the best to Ken and also to you Wayne :thumb:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prayers for you too. Agent Orange screed upmy thyroid and i've been taking a double dose of Levothyroxine for the past 25 years. I guess it's helped. Always felt sort of bad for someone with "C". Having it, has changed my outlook and sensitivity toward othersmush, much worse than myself.

Keep swinging. Think of the ball as your thyroid. Long. Straight. On the fairway. Keep out of the rough and especially the sand. In the end it will be worth the walk. All my best to you.