• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RIP Gino Odjick

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to really miss him

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A message from Gino Odjick with support from Peter Leech.

First, please forgive us if this letter comes across as too emotional, we will try our best to maintain our focus.

Back in 2014 when Gino was diagnosed with Amyloidosis, and we thought it was going to be the end of Gino’s life, he asked me to help and assist him with writing a letter to his Fans to say thank you. This is the last and final letter from Gino Odjick.

We knew Gino was loved, respected and cared for, but honestly, we did not know how much he was truly loved. It’s unbelievable and overwhelming. Not hundreds, but thousands of messages of love and support. Gino never considered himself a legend, but today, he’s truly a legend. He always thought of himself as said in the quote we would share with the Indigenous youth in our workshops together, “We are two little old Indian boys who grew up on the REZ, if we can do it, why can’t you?” He never forgot where he came from, and who he was. He was a proud Indigenous Canadian and loved being a part of CANUCK NATION. Two years ago, out of the blue, he said “they spoil me with their Love and Support”. He loved it when he heard his name chanted in the entire arena. One day he said to me, “look at the goose bumps on my arm” right after the fans cheered this name. It was like medicine for him.

Gino wanted me to thank his teammates, Canucks organization, family and friends. I will make sure his legend grows. He is one little old Indian boy who will never be forgotten.

Gino never imagined he would be inducted into the BC Sports Hall of Fame but I remember the day he was notified of it. He was having a few tough days with medical issues, but it really lifted him up. Boy, he couldn’t wipe the smile on his face away for a few days. He would walk around the house, saying I’m going into the BC Sports Hall of Fame. That was medicine that gave us both a good lift.

We would also like to thank Jim Robson for his letter of help and support as well. Thank you very much. Maybe someday the Canucks will honor Gino with the Ring of Honour… hopefully someday soon.

Thank you so much. Respectfully yours, Peter Leech, on behalf of and for, Gino Odjick.

FB_IMG_1674347261205.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people think there are too many guys in the Canucks Ring of Honour, you could always remove Burrows and put Gino in his vacant spot...

:behindsofa: