• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Riley Cooper 5 years $25 mil

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley caught 55% of his targets, Tate caught 65% of his targets. Maybe he is a better route runner, but that doesn't make him more productive.

Yeah, but I'd be interested to see what his splits look like as far as Vick vs. Foles goes. The reason they signed this deal is because he's Foles favorite target.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I'd be interested to see what his splits look like as far as Vick vs. Foles goes. The reason they signed this deal is because he's Foles favorite target.

So here's his splits for each of the Eagles 3 QBs.

Michael Vick:

8 catches in 18 targets for 93 yards and a TD

Nick Foles:

34 catches in 57 targets for 673 yards and 7 TDs

Matt Barkley:

5 catches in 8 targets for 69 yards

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't make a statement about black people, he used a racial epithet towards a group of blacks.

I would take Cooper on my team. I think he is a good #2 receiver and could help any team.

I will fight every ****er in here
- Riley Cooper

call what you will a lot of black people didnt take to kindly to his choice of words. should be getting a 15 yard penalty pretty soon

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a player more similar to Golden Tate

Danny Amendola...slot guy and also returns punt but not as healthy and has never been as productive as Tate

...yet he got 5 years $31 million

If I was Golden Tate's agent I would bring up Amendola's contract and start from there. Tate puts up better numbers both receiving and special teams and he's proven to be more durable

As a Seahawk fan I hope he signs for less because I think Amendola is overpaid and overrated

But if Amendola is the bench mark rather than Riley Cooper...then that's too much to pay for Tate imo

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Danny Amendola...slot guy and also returns punt but not as healthy and has never been as productive as Tate

If I was Golden Tate's agent I would bring up Amendola's contract and start from there. Tate puts up better numbers both receiving and special teams and he's proven to be more durable

As a Seahawk fan I hope he signs for less because I think Amendola is overpaid and overrated

But if Amendola is the bench mark rather than Riley Cooper...then that's too much to pay for Tate imo
And there is already talk of cutting Amendola after one year because of his contract

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not to sure it would be wise for Golden Tate agent to bring up Amendola's contract. It's a example of a bad contract for a team and why teams shouldn't do a deal like this.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have tough time seeing both Tate and Baldwin here long term. If Tate is resigned I think Baldwin walks after next year or they possibly explore a trade with him this off season once they slap the tender on him. If Tate walks I think they try and lock up Baldwin next year.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will fight every ****er in here
- Riley Cooper

call what you will a lot of black people didnt take to kindly to his choice of words. should be getting a 15 yard penalty pretty soon

And I'm sure no black player has ever said anything derogatory towards white people. "You sorry-ass white boy." Does that make them racist? I've heard it myself and still had a friendship with them. People say fucked up things when they're mad.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the gap in talent between Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate is very large, personally. Tate had a solid year for us in 2013, but I think that the drop off from Golden Tate to Doug Baldwin is not very large and Baldwin would certainly be much cheaper. When we already have a lot of money tied up in Percy Harvin, and will have the contracts of Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas and Russell Wilson coming up, I don't see the wisdom of giving Golden Tate $5m per year when we already have adequate replacements for him on our roster.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the gap in talent between Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate is very large, personally. Tate had a solid year for us in 2013, but I think that the drop off from Golden Tate to Doug Baldwin is not very large and Baldwin would certainly be much cheaper. When we already have a lot of money tied up in Percy Harvin, and will have the contracts of Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas and Russell Wilson coming up, I don't see the wisdom of giving Golden Tate $5m per year when we already have adequate replacements for him on our roster.

Well, as much as I like Tate, I do believe that Baldwin can do the same at a cheaper price. Do the Hawks give Baldwin a 1 year or multi-year contract, should they decide to stick with Baldwin. I love Baldwins pissed off attitude and his overall play.

Harvin, will he play next year? a full season, partial season? Hit and Miss? He offers so much talent but at the same time offers so much uncertainty. Which confuses the Hawks options.

Ideal situation, Harvin, Baldwin, Kearse, Tall Draft pick WR, Lockett. Is that a pretty good 5?
Tate goes I guess, cause we have better. cheaper, options.

Go Hawks :suds:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideal situation, Harvin, Baldwin, Kearse, Tall Draft pick WR, Lockett. Is that a pretty good 5?
Tate goes I guess, cause we have better. cheaper, options.

Go Hawks :suds:
IMO your right on here. Love Lockettes ability on special teams and the occasional big play potential. Unless that Chris Matthews kid turns out to be the real deal I would like Lockette back. The thing Tate has going for him is being a safety option if Harvin is hurt, also RW seems to have great chemistry with him. However I dont think a team should be built that way. If Harvin is still consistently getting banged up the next two years, it may be time to move on from him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love if the Seahawks could somehow land Mike Evans, I think he is such a good option for our offense. Wilson spends a lot of time outside of the pocket and a lot of the catches Evans made were adjustments he made when Manziel was scrambling.

The WR class is really deep this year and I already like the guys we've got behind Tate as it is.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Cooper as well, specially over Tate.

I never thought Tate lived up to the hype at Notre Dame, he's just a showman. He was our 3rd option for 2 or so years.

Tate brings more to the table then Cooper does. Tate is more explosive and a much better route runner then Cooper, Tate can return punts which Cooper can not and Tate's ceiling hasn't hit yet as I think what you saw out of Riley Cooper might be what you get. Cooper's 5yr at 25 mil is way over paying for a player that hasn't even had a 100 career catches through 4 full years.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate is a proven stud in our system though and Wilson has good chemistry with him.. If we can keep Tate by all means keep the man… He's our version of Hines Ward… VERY similar players…