• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RGIII leaves game with Shoulder Injury

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"the official sandwich of NFL busts everywhere"

RGIIIsubtemberad.png

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bad, but Cousins and Colt McCoy never take hits like that.

A lot of it is on Robert.
I think it comes down to 2 things. He holds onto the ball too long and he drops back too far. Most lineman don't protect for 9 yard drop backs.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's too lanky and angular. Can't abosb a hit without being in some awkward position.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count seconds after the snap, RG is getting no time. Maybe the line doesn't like him and are letting him get hit.

The OL was terrible but you have to question the HC here a little...I'm not sure if I want my starting QB out there in a preseason game with a LT that probably is not going to even make the team.

RG3...the pocket was caving quickly and for a guy still trying to get comfortable playing from the pocket...his clock has to be ticking a little faster. To be fair...he had maybe one time where better pocket awareness would have avoided a hit altogether, but his run instinct took over and he left the pocket and got nailed...the others...even he knew the progressions, there wasn't time to get pass the 1st read.

If WAS can't block any better than that...it won't matter who they put back there...they're heading for a top 5 pick next yr.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's too lanky and angular. Can't abosb a hit without being in some awkward position.
hes got a basketball players build...unlike say, russell wilson...whos built more like a RB.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can you say. His OL was pitiful but his HC threw him to the wolves by leaving him in and trying to pass.

What a mess in DC

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy **, I just saw the replay.

To me, that look on RGIII's face tells me his career is OVER.

It's been over ever since Ngata snapped his knee cap in his first season....:nod:

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been reported as a concussion over at ESPN, but still I think the kid is finished. He may play this year but it's already over for him.

I don't think he would have kept the starting job anyway, judging by the way he was getting massacred every play and the fact that he can't read D's well enough, it was inevitable....:2cents:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL was terrible but you have to question the HC here a little...I'm not sure if I want my starting QB out there in a preseason game with a LT that probably is not going to even make the team.

RG3...the pocket was caving quickly and for a guy still trying to get comfortable playing from the pocket...his clock has to be ticking a little faster. To be fair...he had maybe one time where better pocket awareness would have avoided a hit altogether, but his run instinct took over and he left the pocket and got nailed...the others...even he knew the progressions, there wasn't time to get pass the 1st read.

If WAS can't block any better than that...it won't matter who they put back there...they're heading for a top 5 pick next yr.

Agree, coaching did RG no favors.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Breed, where are you at on this dude? Are you over RGIII at this point? Should they just take him out back and put a cap in him and call it a career? It's gotta be frustrating.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Breed, where are you at on this dude? Are you over RGIII at this point? Should they just take him out back and put a cap in him and call it a career? It's gotta be frustrating.

Yeah, I'm over Griffin, have been for a while now. Dude's a clown, a delusional clown at that and the only reason he's still getting a chance to play. Is because the only bigger clown within the Redskins organization, Daniel Snyder, happens to be the owner of the Redskins.

Far as frustration goes, I'm a Redskins fan, its gone beyond frustration, homey. Hell, its gone beyond being a hater which being a Redskins fan turned me into a while ago. I'm a straight up poopbutt now. The mothers of my 3rd and 4th children, they were sister-in-laws when I got them both pregnant and while they won't admit it. That still kinda irks them both. They've been sending me shit now about RG3 and the Redskins just to clown my ass and I got nothin. I just say shit back to them like "That was cute." or "Funny.", but, its neither cute or funny, but what else can I do? I can't beat em up. I can't say shit to em that hasn't been said a gazillion times before. So I just sit here in front of computer thinkin, I'm a Redskins fan and I'm a poopbutt. Woozy woozy woo.

I'm in love with a bitch (The Redskins) I can't stand and there ain't shit I can do about it.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in love with a bitch (The Redskins) I can't stand and there ain't shit I can do about it.

Classic Breed line...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn @Breed!

At least you retain a sharp sense of humor about things.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a marketing tool from the beginning, not a Championship QB. He gets hurt looking at a football field.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it comes down to 2 things. He holds onto the ball too long and he drops back too far. Most lineman don't protect for 9 yard drop backs.

I agree, but would also add that Robert is unable to keep his eyes downfield. As soon as he senses pressure, he pulls the ball and starts dancing around, looking for room in the pocket. He doesn't move in the pocket, keeping his eyes downfield for a receiver to open up, ever.