• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

reports are that we've been invited to the Big East

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At this point, why bother. It has lost any football teams worth anything, and should still lose it's auto-BCS bid.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Skip Holtz another two years and it will be a different story (esp if other teams like BSU are added into the mix).

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, why bother. It has lost any football teams worth anything, and should still lose it's auto-BCS bid.

if they get all 6 of these teams and BYU or ECU they can salvage the conference

at least before 2017 when apparently the superconferences are going to happen.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Skip Holtz another two years and it will be a different story (esp if other teams like BSU are added into the mix).

if we get a Big East conference like this

East
Rutgers
Uconn
USF
UCF
ECU
Navy

West
Louisville
Cincinnati
Boise State
Houston
SMU
Air Force

there's quite a few programs that could be really good

USF definitely is going forward with Skip Holtz, ECU should be able to do good, they're the only team in North Carolina that cares about football.

Boise State will obviously be good, and we'll continue to grow, Cincinnati is making progress this year, Louisville is going forward with Strong, Houston and SMU are both in a great recruiting area.

by the way for us this would be nice, if we play one of the Florida schools from the East division and continue our rivalry with Fresno State OOC we will play games against teams from the 4 big recruiting states, Ohio, Texas, Florida and California that's huge.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry, but that conference doesn't deserve an automatic BCS bid.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Least; a perfect fit for a team like BSU. :dance:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we get a Big East conference like this

East
Rutgers
Uconn
USF
UCF
ECU
Navy

West
Louisville
Cincinnati
Boise State
Houston
SMU
Air Force

there's quite a few programs that could be really good

USF definitely is going forward with Skip Holtz, ECU should be able to do good, they're the only team in North Carolina that cares about football.

Boise State will obviously be good, and we'll continue to grow, Cincinnati is making progress this year, Louisville is going forward with Strong, Houston and SMU are both in a great recruiting area.

by the way for us this would be nice, if we play one of the Florida schools from the East division and continue our rivalry with Fresno State OOC we will play games against teams from the 4 big recruiting states, Ohio, Texas, Florida and California that's huge.

You trash half og those teams routinely in your top 25 thread. Don't go all Team Conference on us before the ink is even dry. That conference is Boise and a bunch of also rans, just like the MWC is right now.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Vandals should join also.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You trash half og those teams routinely in your top 25 thread. Don't go all Team Conference on us before the ink is even dry. That conference is Boise and a bunch of also rans, just like the MWC is right now.

I'm talking about the future in this thread, in the top 25 poll I'm talking about the present.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about the future in this thread, in the top 25 poll I'm talking about the present.

So these awful teams all have bright futures because they may soon be your conference companions? That is bush league man. Don't go Team Conference. That is lame. The Big East without Pitt, Cuse, WVU and most likely Rutgers and Louisville is a trash conference. You lose the geographical identity. You lose the two richest recruiting beds in Western PA and New York/New Jersey. Look at the recruiting lists for these schools. The MWC is as good if not better than this Frankenconference that the plan proposes.

Hell, Hokie coach Cornell Brown was in Pittsburgh today recruiting already.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So these awful teams all have bright futures because they may soon be your conference companions? That is bush league man. Don't go Team Conference. That is lame. The Big East without Pitt, Cuse, WVU and most likely Rutgers and Louisville is a trash conference. You lose the geographical identity. You lose the two richest recruiting beds in Western PA and New York/New Jersey. Look at the recruiting lists for these schools. The MWC is as good if not better than this Frankenconference that the plan proposes.

Hell, Hokie coach Cornell Brown was in Pittsburgh today recruiting already.

not all of them, just the ones I stated I'll admit Uconn, UCF and likely ECU pretty much suck and won't do much and Navy and Air Force are academies which suck some years but at least are good for the every once in awile good year, so there, Houston, SMU, USF, Cincinnati and Louisville are programs that are starting to move forward. Rutgers is in between they will suck or be good I don't know with them. Where are Rutgers and Louisville going??? the Big 12 won't expand beyond 10 at least for a bit.

if Louisville and Rutgers do leave this move wouldn't be worth it and the idea is over.

fact is we have to go somewhere that is going to have the autobid, because we need to have the autobid money to further our program so that a better conference will take us if/when the superconferences break out, right now I'm not sure this massive division thing is going to get us an autobid.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesday Conference Realignment Update | CollegeSportsInfo.com

apparently if they are sending the invites we will likely accept

I think we should get BYU to agree to join with us, if we get them that's a major boost for the whole conference.

us and BYU both can be in the Big East with the same goal

use the money to build up our programs and get in the Big 12.