• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Philadelphia Eagles Trying to Trade Up for Oregon Quarterback Marcus Mariota

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less personally...what you say makes all the sense in the world, but the NCG hurt his chances of going #1...unless Winston just comes to the combine totally unprepared (possible) the Bucs are going to take Winston.

Yeah, he could grow up or never be in serious trouble (winston that is). I just wouldn't want to spend a #1 on a QB who appears to be that dense. No doubt he has the talent. It's just a massive gamble.

Maybe the Buccs can trade the #1 pick to the Eagles for a slew of picks and Kolb, and then trade back up into the top 10 to still get an impact player at another position. They have a stud (biased) WR and many other pieces. Get a solid QB and then maybe address either line and should be enough to compete in the NFCS.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Eckel is notorious among Eagles fans for writing stuff that never comes true, fyi.

That said, expect a lot of hype tying Mariota to Kelly until draft day.

My sense is that if Chip could trade up, he would. But he can't. He simply lacks the assets.

I think the Bucs are going to draft Mariota. If they don't, someone else will take him in the top 10. He won't slide far enough. The NFL is starved for QBs and he is a good kid with elite athleticism who reads defenses pretty well.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt there is any truth to this. All of a sudden there are credible reports that Chip Kelly is trying to trade up? This is the guy that never gives any indication of what is really going on. I think this is just smoke blowing up someone's ass and he is probably planning the opposite. He realizes that he has no shot at getting Mariota at #1

If this is true there are some that on the Eagles board that would be happy. Some even suggested the Eagles should trade 3 number one picks and Fletcher Cox to move up and get Mariota.

I saw that and that is just dumb business. Anyone that gives up the house for just one player is crazy. That's just a good way to cripple your franchise for years. Ask a Skins fan.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Eckel is notorious among Eagles fans for writing stuff that never comes true, fyi.

Oh yeah....almost forgot.

Mark Eckel is a hack. His next legitimate inside store on the Eagles will probably be his first.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would cost a FORTUNE and I'd be all for it. One team already screwed themselves moving up for a QB and forgetting about the rest of their team.

PHI would be better off sitting where they are and getting a starting OL. Every team needs OL. a pick in the 20's is a great place to find one.

It has to be misdirection.

Nick Foles will probably never develop into an elite QB but neither Mariota nor Winston offer much over him or even a mid-round QB pick. Neither are the next Andrew Luck and both come with plenty of on/off field issues.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariotta should give Kelly a call and ask for a guarantee from the Eagles that they will draft him in X slot in the draft. Then he should go out and tank the pre-draft workouts and interviews causing his stock to definetely take a big enough hit to fall to the Eagles.

He might lose out on some money initially but he would go to the team where he has by far and away the best chance of developing into a starting NFL QB and getting paid like one 4 years down the road.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Mariota to the Eagles really be happening?

[ame]http://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/557981244294569984[/ame]

Mike Kaye said:
Looks like the Eagles are looking to trade Nick Foles, according to @JeffRisdon on @BGN_Radio. Make sure to tune in for our interview.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Kelly will be out of coaching very quickly if he trades up for Mariota... I don't see Mariotta being a very good NFL qb... Eagles will go backwards if that happens...

2. Foles is great trade bait right now... They could definitely trade him for a #1 pick, if not, a #2 at least...

3. Sanchez would be a adequate backup... Mariota should sit at least a year if they trade up for him... He's not NFL ready.... Sanchez would have to start a season until Mariota get's a year of learning...

Overall, Kelly is going to take the Eagles in the wrong direction... Defenses win CSHips... It's been proven over and over again... ... Plus, defenses are already catching up to his scheme....

So many said the same thing about Wilson and th nfl.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be surprised if Kelly tries to get Mariota. I just think the price tag is going to be ridiculous. I mean RGIII got the Rams 3 1st round picks plus. It will probably cost the Eagles at the very least what the Redskins gave up for RGIII. I just don't see any team being that stupid again, but you never know.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota will not be a good NFL QB. He's a 1 option run guy. Those guys just fail in the NFL.

Winston is the best chance if you want a QB. He's just a problem child.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota = Kap

All talent, no heart.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles to Arizona would make a ton of sense. He would be a good fit in that scheme, his dad now lives in that state, and yes, he has a sizable fan base there since he played in college.

If Philly does move on from Foles, I will be somewhat sad regardless of how it turns out, because the kid is a true class act. Foles is not your average cat. He is a high character person that any team would love to have as a leader.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3