• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

REPORT: CLIPPERS, HAWES AGREE TO CONTRACT

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The seven-foot center out of the University of Washington spent his first six seasons in the league with the Sacramento Kings and Philadelphia 76ers before being traded at the deadline last season to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Hawes averaged 13.2 points and 8.3 rebounds per game last season, including an impressive 41.6 percent from 3-point land (a career-high). This 3-point shooting is likely why the Clippers brought him in and should greatly improve their sometimes stagnant half-court offense.
It’s only fitting that Hawes agreed to a contract on the Fourth of July after he wore this during a game in 2012:

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
Follow
Free agent Spencer Hawes has reached agreement on a four-year, $23M deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources tell Yahoo.

I like this deal a lot for them.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like alot for a backup center, but Hawes is pretty decent.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
Follow
Free agent Spencer Hawes has reached agreement on a four-year, $23M deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources tell Yahoo.

I like this deal a lot for them.

I haven't seen Hawes play enough to know if this a good deal. From the looks of it, I'm not impressed with Rivers decisions.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just a backup center. He'll be a super sub and gives them 2 excellent players on the bench (Crawford is also a very good backup).

Hawes will backup PF and C, he also gives them an insurance policy in case Griffin or Jordan get hurt. SA showed you need to have depth and he signed for less than he made last season. He could have gotten more in other cities and started for Portland, but he turned them down.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May have been slightly overpaid, but it did make the Clippers a little bit better.

Surprised any FA's are wanting to go there right now with the Sterling stuff still looming. Of course he's white, but still....

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outstanding pickup for My Clips.

Hawes can spell Blake when he is in a rut, gets in foul trouble, or baited by Zbo, Bogut and sent to the penalty box because he always takes the bait.

But, most importantly....

He can come into the game, during crunch time at the end of the 4th quarter, when DeAndre's hind parts are glued to the bench because he can't make free throws.

This is also an insurance policy incase Jordan gets a high dollar offer from some desperate team in Free Agency next Summer.

* looking right at you Cleveland *

He is a young, active big that has elevated his game, SIGNIFICANTLY, in the last Season under Doc.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outstanding pickup for My Clips.

Hawes can spell Blake when he is in a rut, gets in foul trouble, or baited by Zbo, Bogut and sent to the penalty box because he always takes the bait.

But, most importantly....

He can come into the game, during crunch time at the end of the 4th quarter, when DeAndre's hind parts are glued to the bench because he can't make free throws.

This is also an insurance policy incase Jordan gets a high dollar offer from some desperate team in Free Agency next Summer.

* looking right at you Cleveland *

He is a young, active big that has elevated his game, SIGNIFICANTLY, in the last Season under Doc.
This is a nice addition for the Clippers. He will give them quality minutes coming off the bench.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is actually a pretty cheap deal for what is being handed out right now. He can play a stretch 4 or 5. Perfect compliment to Jordan.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely worth the money for them. They are super thin in the front court after Griffin and Jordan, so much so that the Clips had to leave one in the game at all times. Otherwise, they'd totally fall apart. But Hawes is flexible enough to play both C and PF. And is range is far enough to where the Clips can design some sets that are going to give teams fits. You can't cheat off of him on screens.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a big loss for the Cavs. Because now they have no big men. As a mid-range shooting big man, Hawes would have been the perfect compliment to LeBron (a la Ilgauskas in LBJ's first stint as well as Bosh in Miami).

Let's not discount the trio of quality veteran pieces the Cavs will lose heading into next year - Hawes, Jarrett Jack, and Deng.

LeBron will be the old man of the team, and it will be a new experience for him.

Or, he could do what he's been doing his entire career, and that's make everyone worse around him. I could see Kyrie's numbers dropping to about 14 and 3, Waiters averaging a ho-hum 10 PPG, and Tristan Thompson at 8 and 8 assuming he's not moves for Kevin Love. Wiggins? Possibly rendered to a seldom-used bench player as a rookie with James around. Can I get an average of 6 points and 2 rebounds??? Cavs finish .500 and LeBron is exposed as the steroid user he is at season's end.

I don't see this happening but it would be hilarious.:lol: