• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remington RP9 9MM+P 18rd 4.5" pistol

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot get this to fire. It's got a trigger safety.
I don't know if I'm missing something or if it is defective.
Any help is appreciated.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that Remington's customer service has improved since they moved to Huntsville, Alabama a few years ago. Give them a call and they will most likely handle the problem/fix your firearm.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remington has gone to shit. Ever since they got bought by a holding company. They have produce shit products. Every time they bring out something new its has major issues. I feel for you. I would get it fixed and then trade it for something better. Trust me I own several older Remington 700 rifles and a few better rimfire bolt and pump rifles and enjoy them very much.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everything newer from Remington is bad. I hear very good things about the Remington RM380. Supposedly it's one of the better small & lightweight .380 ACP pistols currently available. It's all metal and apparently very reliable, and it's almost half the price of a Seecamp (the Seecamp is probably the best tiny .380 ACP currently made, but it's pricey).

I purchased a Ruger LCP II .380 ACP last year prior to learning/knowing about the RM380. If I could go back in time, I would probably get the RM380 instead of the LCP II. There's nothing wrong with my LCP II, but the all metal RM380 would be the way to go, it has much less recoil than the LCP II. Also, the RM380 has an ambidextrous magazine release which IMO is important for a micro pistol because on such small pistols, it's actually easier to hit the magazine release with your trigger finger (at least for me it's easier). However, the Ruger LCP II does not have an ambidextrous mag release.

RM380 review:

Look how well the RM380 performs in these torture tests:

But one needs to stay away from cheap-ass steel case ammo (especially in tiny pistols). I cringe when people say they use crap steel case Russian ammo from Tul or Wolf or Silver Bear in their micro pistols.

Here's another of the many positive reviews for the RM380:

I eventually might trade or sell my Ruger LCP II and get an RM380.

:rockon:

Last edited:

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Myles, you figure this out yet?