• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember When...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a newb here, I will just let it go..have fun.

None of those were serious. I'd be surprised if anyone else, newbie or regular, had a problem with what I posted in this thread, either for its content or its fit along with the OP's post. This was about football (made in game threads about an exaggerated criticism of Smith's on-field play), happened in the past, "funny, ridiculous, or even bizarre," etc. I did give the disclaimer that it was only funny to those involved. :noidea:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the newbies on this board: this originated on ESPN when everyone was blaming Smith for everything, even when he was injured. I think it started when Smith was on the bench nursing his torn throwing shoulder. It's a bit of an inside joke that isn't that funny for those not involved, but a memory nonetheless for us regulars. Maybe one of you newbies contributed to it but then did not migrate until now.
I was thinking "what the hell is going on with the endless Smith rant". :wtf2: Thankfully I missed that joke.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started that in a game thread a few years back. After NolanNonsense blamed Alex Smith for something when he was on the sidelines. Something like "If Alex Smith didn't take all the first team reps Hill would be more prepared to win this game" And I started expanding it to more outrageous things. IMac joined in and it got really fun. Way to make a losing game interesting. Then the next morning a new thread with just alex smith stuff started up.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking "what the hell is going on with the endless Smith rant". :wtf2: Thankfully I missed that joke.

Haha, it was ridiculous but memorable for those involved.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I started that in a game thread a few years back. After NolanNonsense blamed Alex Smith for something when he was on the sidelines. Something like "If Alex Smith didn't take all the first team reps Hill would be more prepared to win this game" And I started expanding it to more outrageous things. IMac joined in and it got really fun. Way to make a losing game interesting. Then the next morning a new thread with just alex smith stuff started up.

I participated in that original thread, but I think everyone on that board did! It was like the anti-Chuck Norris thread...

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
None of those were serious. I'd be surprised if anyone else, newbie or regular, had a problem with what I posted in this thread, either for its content or its fit along with the OP's post. This was about football (made in game threads about an exaggerated criticism of Smith's on-field play), happened in the past, "funny, ridiculous, or even bizarre," etc. I did give the disclaimer that it was only funny to those involved. :noidea:

I was serious with every single one of those "Alex Smith . . . ." posts that I made.

But seriously, like darken said, leave the past behind and stick to the OP's plan with this "Remember when" thread.

Wait. What?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The only thing I regret about everything ESPN did is that it cost us those threads. Those were good times.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was serious with every single one of those "Alex Smith . . . ." posts that I made.

But seriously, like darken said, leave the past behind and stick to the OP's plan with this "Remember when" thread.

Wait. What?

Remember the future because the past is the past, forget it! Just kidding, Darken, I like your posts and contributions to this board.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when we were allowed to have sexy chicks as our avatars?

censored.png

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when we were allowed to have sexy chicks as our avatars?

censored.png

*cough*

But really, remember when there was a very long debate thread about the appropriateness of private gun ownership in America, and then it's illegitimate love-child thread about the appropriateness of private gun ownership in regard to adults stalking and murdering unarmed minors over a bag of Skittles? Sure glad the internet was around in 2013 to solve a couple of America's most pressing issues with such eloquence.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The whole video is good, but 6:12 is the good part...

Wish I could find a better video, this clip just didn't do it justice!

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska ran their first Fumblerooski in 1979 against Oklahoma, with Randy Schluesener, now one of my doctors (he's an orthopedic surgeon), running 17 yds for a TD.

Pretty cool. Its a gutsy play, purposefully leaving the ball on the ground for a lineman to pickup. When it works, its cool. Remember the Staue of Liberty play that Boise State ran on Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl a few years back for the winning TD? That was awesome.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Remember When (The song)

Easily the most depressing video ever

Last edited by a moderator: