• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remaining schedule ...

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12/8 @ Saints
12/15 Jets
12/22 Saints
12/29 @ Falcons

What the hell is up with playing the Saints twice on the back end like that?

Anyway, I could see us legitimately winning 3 out of 4 there. Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome to win out, but I'm trying to remain somewhat realistic. I think we can take the Jets and Falcons, but taking two from the Saints doesn't seem likely. Taking one from them will be a chore.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Saints have Seattle tomorrow night, StL, TB, and the 2 against us to finish their schedule. We could get some help in there.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
We need to win out. If the saints lose tomorrow and split with us causing us to both be 12 and 4 then the saints win the division sdue to a better conference record

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for us to win out and take the division, but if we don't, we should be in the driver's seat for one of the wildcard spots.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Should be. We own the tiebreaker against the niners but Arizona has the tiebreaker against us. Luckily they lost today and are two games back

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to win out. If the saints lose tomorrow and split with us causing us to both be 12 and 4 then the saints win the division sdue to a better conference record

Obviously, we would def win the division. We're two games up on most of the wildcard contenders, though, except SF, who we have the tiebreaker with. So if we win 3 we're in, if 2, most likely get a WC (one of the 7-5 teams would have to run the table and have the tiebreaker). The WCs are going to play either the winner of the North or East. So if we're in the WC, we're likely to face a team like Philly/Dallas or Detroit/CHI/GBay (who I haven't counted out yet).

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, we would def win the division. We're two games up on most of the wildcard contenders, though, except SF, who we have the tiebreaker with. So if we win 3 we're in, if 2, most likely get a WC (one of the 7-5 teams would have to run the table and have the tiebreaker). The WCs are going to play either the winner of the North or East. So if we're in the WC, we're likely to face a team like Philly/Dallas or Detroit/CHI/GBay (who I haven't counted out yet).

The great thing is, 12 games into the season and we control our own destiny for a division title and a first round bye. Who would a thunk it?:suds:

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great thing is, 12 games into the season and we control our own destiny for a division title and a first round bye. Who would a thunk it?:suds:

I look at it this way, if this was a game we would be starting the 4th quarter up 24-13, a nice lead but we need to score more points to put it away. I'll be pulling for Seattle Monday Night, after watching A Charlie Brown Christmas (hey, we all have priorities). It's time for them to return the favor we did back in week 10. We could really use a week off, our bye week was a long time ago.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12/8 @ Saints
12/15 Jets
12/22 Saints
12/29 @ Falcons

What the hell is up with playing the Saints twice on the back end like that?

Anyway, I could see us legitimately winning 3 out of 4 there. Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome to win out, but I'm trying to remain somewhat realistic. I think we can take the Jets and Falcons, but taking two from the Saints doesn't seem likely. Taking one from them will be a chore.

I was wondering who we pissed off to get SF and NE back to back with both coming off bye weeks. Easy schedule my butt.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing some people saying it could work out better for the Panthers if the Saints win tonight. The thought is that if the Saints win tonight and we beat the Saints on Sunday the Panthers get into the hunt for the #1 seed in the playoffs. The only flaw I can find in that is that Seattle would need to lose twice and we would have to win out.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing some people saying it could work out better for the Panthers if the Saints win tonight. The thought is that if the Saints win tonight and we beat the Saints on Sunday the Panthers get into the hunt for the #1 seed in the playoffs. The only flaw I can find in that is that Seattle would need to lose twice and we would have to win out.

The odds of the Seahawks losing 3 of 4 have to be very slim.
In reality if we split with the Saints then we need them to lose tonight and one more and we win the rest of ours in order to win the division and get a first round bye. Of course I would prefer that we just win out. A sweep of the Saints would feel pretty good

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bold: yeah, that's unlikely, and they have the tiebreaker. They may struggle some down the stretch, with those suspensions at DB (strongest part of their team, tbh) - though they still have Shutdown Sherman.