• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regular Starting line-up and Rotation

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
msg, I got you as part of the rotation (currently serving under mlb suspension for intentionally beaning someone who really really deserved it)

HaHa! Nice one.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If filo takes the field.. I have him as our catcher, like Posey guiding the pitchers through the torture. His avatar matches fittingly.

Then SF11704 needs to be the veteran backup catcher. Has seen it all, and can school all of us if he wanted to.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then SF11704 needs to be the veteran backup catcher. Has seen it all, and can school all of us if he wanted to.

There are far too many guys with SF in their name. I gotta say, I have a tough time keeping track of who's who.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There are far too many guys with SF in their name. I gotta say, I have a tough time keeping track of who's who.

SF11704 is in NY, IIRC. I'm guessing short for SF_Fan_In_11704.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a great thread going on the loco board last year in which regulars were put in positions on a baseball team. Style of posts and overall personalities, of course, played a big role in what position each regular was nominated for.

So what the heck. I'll get it going. Hope the rest of you can fill the other positions. Might be a fun way to start the season.

1. Batting 1st, playing second base: CalSnow.

This versatile poster sets the table regularly. Creative in his approach, he leads the league in bunt singles, opposite field hits, and hit by pitches. He also has a vast knowledge of the 2nd baseman in the minors, so he knows what he must do to keep his job. ;)

Thanks Colin.

I remember that thread. It started as a hijack topic that I moved over to it's own thread that stayed alive for about 2 weeks and hit a shitload of posts. I was looking for it near the end of the season last year but could not find it. I assumed ESPN blasted it because it was technically not baseball related.

IIRC, I was the #2 hitter on that team :) I actually agree with my placement here and I agree with the reason :)

From memory...

Laguna was the #3 hitter
ElJ was cleanup
tz was the #3 pitcher (known for the high and in pitch)
GP was the #1 pitcher
Tito was the lead off hitter. (he was ALWAYS on base driving the opposing pitcher nuts)
TN was the rookie closer. (batshit crazy like Rick Vaughn)

Ican't remember any of the other positions...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit...

I just realized something...

I think Nick Lowery was born in that thread.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Colin.

I remember that thread. It started as a hijack topic that I moved over to it's own thread that stayed alive for about 2 weeks and hit a shitload of posts. I was looking for it near the end of the season last year but could not find it. I assumed ESPN blasted it because it was technically not baseball related.

IIRC, I was the #2 hitter on that team :) I actually agree with my placement here and I agree with the reason :)

From memory...

Laguna was the #3 hitter
ElJ was cleanup
tz was the #3 pitcher (known for the high and in pitch)
GP was the #1 pitcher
Tito was the lead off hitter. (he was ALWAYS on base driving the opposing pitcher nuts)
TN was the rookie closer. (batshit crazy like Rick Vaughn)

Ican't remember any of the other positions...

SYM was a starting pitcher as well. He was always good for about 18 innings per start (or 5000 words per post)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
msg, I got you as part of the rotation (currently serving under mlb suspension for intentionally beaning someone who really really deserved it)

Works for me. I'm a lefty too, we gotta have 1-2 of those in the rotation.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Filo as the clubhouse manager. Our murph. The true power in the organization.

I was thinking along the same lines, but how about the guy who dons the tools of ignornance and pretty much runs the team? Filo at C and hitting sixth, I say.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If filo takes the field.. I have him as our catcher, like Posey guiding the pitchers through the torture. His avatar matches fittingly.

Damn you Anthem...stealing my thunder. You will be fined.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Freeport as the 7th inning Setup guy in the pen/Spot starter (a glue guy for the pitching staff). He doesn't post much, but when he does, they're always solid posts. He's underappreciated, but hard working and he's the guy you don't notice until he's gone. All of a sudden people are wondering why the bullpen went to hell.

Intangibles are his game as well as getting the big out in the 7th that only the hardcore fans remember as a turning point.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we need spots for Tits, Heathbar, Nate, who else? Cameron, Yoshi... hmmm

Heath has to be the pitching coach, the vet who knows when to offer wisdom, humor, or a kick in the ass, depending on the circumstances.

Or if it's a roster spot we need, give him the #3 starter: Kirk Rueter in his prime.