• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds interviews

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm biased by less than 10% of Series winners did it without a LHSP, and the Reds passed on TRYING the best Lefty arm in their history by putting him in the bullpen, after being their best SP in consecutive spring trainings. Personally, I couldn't care who they made the closer, if it made at least an attempt at making Chapman more than an insignificant observer in post season.

Broxton had more saved than anyone else, so I understand the thought process. The $21M Broxton deal was too much is a safe argument, until you compare it to Ryan Madson's $14M for zero pitches, or even Ludwick's $14 M for whatever he did in 19 games last year plus his next season. Cueto's 19 wins looked like a bargain at $21M/3yrs. but if he tosses as few innings next year as last, its a bad deal. $20M would be bad if Votto continues to have 70 RBI for the next 20 seasons. They ALL make too much dough, but I'm for trying to run the best team out there, and I'm convinced there are other adequate closers, but not 5 better SP than Chapman. It's as big an oversight as believing Milt Pappas was equal value for Frank Robinson.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dusty's honesty made little difference to me when he made a game losing gaffe in every playoff loss. Most overrated manager I've ever seen. The man got NO job offers after the Reds fired him. None. I think that says someone besides me thought a half dozen guys without experience could do no worse.

I don't disagree with Chico though, Jocketty has overspent and still come up short, IMO. He was an improvement to recent prior Reds GM's, and I expected better with the kind of talent and payroll they've had. I hope for the best, but it looks a lot like for every answer they get, they open up another hole. I would have rather had the $49M spent on Madson, Broxton and Ludwick as a down payment on Choo.