• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Red Wings @ Canadiens

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is with the point tonight and Boston's loss, they make it into the playoff.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one point gives us two options to get into the post-season: a win or OT against Carolina.
We can thank Mr. Smith for putting our backs up against the wall on Saturday.

Boston lost to Florida just now - we're in, baby.

Of course...with Howard looking like swiss cheese, it'll probably be four and done in the playoffs, but at least the streak is alive.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope. the player who should be on waivers right now is smith. at least howard has shown in the past that he could play well so there's always the possibility he reverts back to his old self.

smith has been garbage his whole career

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Zach Nastasiuk.

I've seen the Griffins play 6 times this season, but I really can't say that I watched Zach enough to remember anything specific about his play or his skill-level. I have concentrated mostly on some of the other guys, including one of our boys, Mark Zengerle.
But, here are a couple of links that might give us some insight into Zach's specifics.

Eliteprospects.com - Zach Nastasiuk

Hockey's Future - Zach Nastasiuk

Prospect Zach Nastasiuk joins Grand Rapids Griffins with level of trust from coach Jeff Blashill | MLive.com

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen the Griffins play 6 times this season, but I really can't say that I watched Zach enough to remember anything specific about his play or his skill-level. I have concentrated mostly on some of the other guys, including one of our boys, Mark Zengerle.
But, here are a couple of links that might give us some insight into Zach's specifics.

Eliteprospects.com - Zach Nastasiuk

Hockey's Future - Zach Nastasiuk

Prospect Zach Nastasiuk joins Grand Rapids Griffins with level of trust from coach Jeff Blashill | MLive.com

Thanks. I talked to him briefly, he came across as a good kid with a solid head on his shoulders. I wished him good luck. He was pretty stoked.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here are some statistics for you regarding his improvements each season for his 4 seasons in Owen Sound, for what it's worth. Why did I add the last comment? Being from a math and physics background, I use statistics very sparingly for the following reasons. It is a fact that statistical comparisons are misused worldwide consistently, especially by those that are attempting to compare a player to another or even in trying to compare his production from one season to the next - the sport media is the biggest culprit here. There is an obvious error mathematically in doing so, since what is not taken into account is the fact that many of these values used are outside of the original sample space descriptive, which alone makes any comparison extremely questionable and, in most cases, unreliable. In light of that, if you want to keep the comparative process as accurate as possible, the baseline must be to keep it to as similar of particulars within the original sample space as possible. Keep in mind that when a player moves to another talent level grade (e.g., from B League to A League), within a new team settings and playing against totally different teams, how can the resulting numbers be compared to those garnered in the previous talent level gradient, particularly with some semblance of accuracy? Bottom line, they can't. Similarly, if a player moves to another team within the same talent level (i.e., within the A League), he is playing with other players with possibly different skill levels, who may assist his stat numbers or diminish them by their play. Changing any of the original sample space descriptives tends to warp the true mathematical reliability of statistical comparatives. For, that reason alone, I put little value on such uncertain processing altogether.
In looking at Zach's 4 seasons at Owen Sound his seasonal stats were as follows:

2011-'12 (11-8-19) (68 GP)
2012-'13 (20-20-40) (62 GP)
2013-'14 (23-28-51) (62 GP)
2014-'15 (35-42-77) (63 GP)

Assuming everything being the same (i.e., played with the same players all four seasons and played against the same teams who had the same players - thus, sample space descriptives somewhat alike), then the following comparatives would be accurate and reliable. Since, we know that that isn't the case, we can take these within whatever context we would like to create for these results.

% Increase from season to season (incl. G, A, Pt improvements): (concern for significant digits not evident)

'11-'12 season to '12-'13 season - Goals (+ 99.42 %), Assists (+174.19 %), Points (+130.90%)
'12-'13 season to '13-'14 season - Goals (+15.00 %), Assists (40.00 %), Points (+27.50 %)
'13-'14 season to '14-'15 season - Goals (+ 49.76 %), Assists (47.62 %), Points (+ 48.58 %)

* These were all based on a per game average, since the number of games played was different, except
for his second and third seasons (62 GP), and to compare the categories without the per game average
would have revealed different results, which would have been inaccurate.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have concentrated mostly on some of the other guys, including one of our boys, Mark Zengerle.

I was excited when Zengerle was signed by the Griffins. He captained the Wisconsin Badgers, was their leading scorer and potted the game winning OT goal in the inaugural B1G Championship game over Ohio State. He may not be the most naturally gifted guy on the ice, but he works his butt off every shift and has some decent scoring touch to go with it. I'd love to see him re-sign with the Griffins on a longer term contract and hopefully one day get a chance to sport the winged wheel.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was excited when Zengerle was signed by the Griffins. He captained the Wisconsin Badgers, was their leading scorer and potted the game winning OT goal in the inaugural B1G Championship game over Ohio State. He may not be the most naturally gifted guy on the ice, but he works his butt off every shift and has some decent scoring touch to go with it. I'd love to see him re-sign with the Griffins on a longer term contract and hopefully one day get a chance to sport the winged wheel.

RP, you're right in saying he's a worker. He is truly one of those people that goes beyond what is expected to elevate any specific thing he feels that he needs to improve to get to the next level. Accomplishment is what motivates him to train as hard as he does.