• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox put up 17 on Texas & AROD, Braun to go down in PED flames

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've forgotten exactly how many times I've heard a Sox fan on the old boards say that Dave Roberts had as much to do with the 2004 title as Manny

But the answer isn't 0

File this under the "Things Boston fans have never said that NY fans say we did"

Foulke had more of an affect with the 2004 post season than Manny........you could argue that, you'd be wrong

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
File this under the "Things Boston fans have never said that NY fans say we did"

Foulke had more of an affect with the 2004 post season than Manny........you could argue that, you'd be wrong

word

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it

Down repeatedly applies quotes to me that dont remotely resemble what I actually said

That's when i know he's losing

So...you're saying Konerko isn't better than Miggy? Why? He's got more career HR's and RBI!!!

If your logic is sound...I shouldn't be able to do this..but I can, with countless examples...

it doesn't prove konerko > M-Cab...it proves humping 2 raw counting stats when comparing 19 year careers, is fucking stupid.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being intentionally vague

but........wow......watch it

Thank you

I'll be cryptic..yes, it was in the book...and was the single greatest chapter of fiction I've ever read...

Buckle up...it ain't over...it's a shame they are splitting this season...the show is about 2/3's of the way through book 3 right now..and that last 1/3? Fuck me...I couldn't stop reading, fell asleep past 3am a couple of nights on my way to polishing that book off...

I think they are going to finish book 3 and start books 4 and 5 (they run concurrently but focus on different characters) next year...

There were 4 or 5 absolute game changing moments in book 3...you've seen 2 so far (one involved Jamie Lanister), the last? Holy shit....

I read all the books as well and I have an idea of what happens but don't still want to see it first hand

I thought you lived in Upstate NY...

Grew up there

That building didn't collapse

Philly just looks like that

LI sucks donkey dick

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are any of the players about to get suspended going to be free agents after this season?

Because if anyone is not going to appeal that suspension, it's going to be among them

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This...to a man...Keith Foulke was, and is, considered the biggest individual contributor to that series win...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And per plate appearance...MANNY WAS BETTER AT IT....

Yup, the Boston way "per plate appearance"

Not overall snapshot of their careers

Nevermind the same amount of seasons played

Manny was better at it because he wasn't as durable as Arod, let's penalize the guy that stayed healthier, and reward the more injury prone guy

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you have felt safer at 5??? detroit is the biggest shithole on the plantet....

bar none

The pre-show parties were cool as hell. You should have seen all the rabid KISS fans... I partied at some sports bar a few blocks from the Stadium, so it was all well and good (while it was light out).

But as the crowd cleared sometime after midnight and I was scrambling for a taxi... well, it was one of the few times in my life I felt generally uncomfortable with my surroundings. I mean I was right outside Tiger Stadium for God's sake... you'd never have know it was once a thriving metrolopolis.

I hear it's much better now?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This...to a man...Keith Foulke was, and is, considered the biggest individual contributor to that series win...

double word score

dude basically sacrificed his arm and career in the process

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the Boston way "per plate appearance"

Not overall snapshot of their careers

Nevermind the same amount of seasons played

Manny was better at it because he wasn't as durable as Arod, let's penalize the guy that stayed healthier, and reward the more injury prone guy

No one is fucking penalizing arod you little fucking woman...

we're simply saying that one of them, with a bat in his hand, was better than the other...

You're saying that because another guy was "healthier over a long career" he was a better hitter...no...he was more durable...which is a completely different conversation...

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll file no such thing

I've personally had Heatwave-esque trivial fights with Boston fans on the old boards about how Manny had as much to do with the 2004 title as Roberts

No fewer than 1/3-1/2 of the Sox fans on the boards hated manny. And Snoogins was the only one I remember vigorously defending him, which makes me wonder why he talks as if all Sox fans were like him in that matter

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
The pre-show parties were cool as hell. You should have seen all the rabid KISS fans... I partied at some sports bar a few blocks from the Stadium, so it was all well and good (while it was light out).

But as the crowd cleared sometime after midnight and I was scrambling for a taxi... well, it was one of the few times in my life I felt generally uncomfortable with my surroundings. I mean I was right outside Tiger Stadium for God's sake... you'd never have know it was once a thriving metrolopolis.

I hear it's much better now?

havent been in quite awhile .....cant imagine it is tremendously improved.....detroit is a real shit hole though

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"keith foulke protected a 3 run lead and was on the mound when the red sox came back and won a game. He was far more important than manny's 1.088 ops. duh hahn was also more important than manny"

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is fucking penalizing arod you little fucking woman...

I'm not actually following the argument - is this the part where Down reminds everyone he's not angry? Or did that already happen?

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't read them?

Oh...you should remedy that mistake...the books DEEEMOLISH what is a VERY good TV series....

If you have an email addy that you're willing to give me, that can accept zip files about 1-2 meg each...I can forward the entire series, 5 books, to anyone that wants it in PDF format...

PM'ed you. Took me a while to figure out how. LOL

Thanks, Man!

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
"keith foulke protected a 3 run lead and was on the mound when the red sox came back and won a game. He was far more important than manny's 1.088 ops. duh hahn was also more important than manny"
when john isnt trolling i always find it amusing how knowledgable he is...but he does love to troll

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll file no such thing

I've personally had Heatwave-esque trivial fights with Boston fans on the old boards about how Manny had as much to do with the 2004 title as Roberts

No fewer than 1/3-1/2 of the Sox fans on the boards hated manny. And Snoogins was the only one I remember vigorously defending him, which makes me wonder why he talks as if all Sox fans were like him in that matter

lol

"i remember conversations"

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...you're saying Konerko isn't better than Miggy? Why? He's got more career HR's and RBI!!!

If your logic is sound...I shouldn't be able to do this..but I can, with countless examples...

it doesn't prove konerko > M-Cab...it proves humping 2 raw counting stats when comparing 19 year careers, is fucking stupid.

Again, if all else is closely comparable, than you balance out the debate with what separates them

I have a feeling Konerko and Miggy don't compare in most categories

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

guy was immense all postseason

immense isn't even a big enough word