• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recap of 49ers Trade with Denver

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its fun to look at what happen and what teams got out of trades. The trade that got Kap to the 49ers. Kap just signed a great deal and will be the starter for the 49ers for awhile now. We had to trade up to land Kap in the 2011 draft.

49ers: Pick #36: Colin Kaepernick: As of right now its looking like a great trade. 49ers land their Franchise QB who has already help take them to a 2 NFC Championship games and a Superbowl. He is a top 10 QB in the league and the sky is the limit. He still has some things to work on but future looks bright. 49ers just signed him to a long term deal.

Denver Pick #45, #108 and #141.
Players Denver picked #45 FS Rehim Moore(who is their starter and decent safety. Had an ok year this year. Had 2 Ints. Pick # 108 Quinton Carter(3rd on Depth chart), and Pick #141 TE D. Thomas(This was a great find for Denver. He is already one of the better TE's in the league.

Overall I think both teams are happy with the trade. 49ers get their franchise QB and Denver gets a Starting Safety and a Pro Bowl TE.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick had nothing to do with the first NFC run. ESPN writers suck. They don't care about the 49ers so just used his years on the team and assumed he helped that season when he just held the clipboard.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick had nothing to do with the first NFC run. ESPN writers suck. They don't care about the 49ers so just used his years on the team and assumed he helped that season when he just held the clipboard.

The past two years he has been the quarterback of the 49ers in the NFC Championship game. Also, in one of those years the team won that game and made it to the Superbowl.

What he said is technically true, though I guess I can see how one would prefer saying that he lead the team to an NFC Championship game and a Superbowl.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bronco fan I am happy with the trade. We obviously at this time don't need a quarterback and Moore and Thomas have both been very good quality starters for the Broncos. Quinton Carter before injury was a starter on the team as a rookie just had the last couple of years derailed by some unfortunate knee injuries.

This is one of those few times that both teams should be happy with the trade value they got. Doesn't happen very often.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The past two years he has been the quarterback of the 49ers in the NFC Championship game. Also, in one of those years the team won that game and made it to the Superbowl.

What he said is technically true, though I guess I can see how one would prefer saying that he lead the team to an NFC Championship game and a Superbowl.

Purguy12 has said this a few times and every time he says it, someone responds like Hangman. Just say a Super Bowl appearance and an NFCC game. Otherwise, one could say, a Super Bowl appearance, 2 NFCC, 2 Divisinal Round wins, and a Wild Card Victory - that sounds like more than it is when a SB appearance and NFCC is big enough.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Purguy12 has said this a few times and every time he says it, someone responds like Hangman. Just say a Super Bowl appearance and an NFCC game. Otherwise, one could say, a Super Bowl appearance, 2 NFCC, 2 Divisinal Round wins, and a Wild Card Victory - that sounds like more than it is when a SB appearance and NFCC is big enough.

It's not more than what it is though. He did all that.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not more than what it is though. He did all that.

That's why I added that saying one SB appearance and a NFC Title game was good enough. (And no one would assume that meant just the SB appearance because the NFCC was encompassed in it.) It's the same thing and both are impressive for a 3rd year QB (1.5 of playing).

I ate a burger. Therefore, I ate a burger, a half a burger twice, a quarter of the burger four times, and an eighth 8 times. It sounds like I just ate 4 burgers, which is more than it is. And it had cheese! Does that count for five burgers? (Not comparing difficulty levels of winning football games and eating burgers, of course ;).)

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry thats how I see it. Yes some people might misunderstand what I was saying. I just want to point out that he made 2 NFC championship games and he won one of them to make it to the Super Bowl.

Sorry for the Confusion. Either way it was a good trade for both teams.