• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Really Brian?

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emery and Trestman have this guy really peed.

Brian Urlacher doesn't want Bears to win Super Bowl

Just about the only thing Brian Urlacher didn't do on the Chicago Bears was capture a Super Bowl championship.

In an wide-ranging (read: rambling) interview on the "Dave Dameshek Football Program" from the American Century Championship in Lake Tahoe, Calif., this week, Urlacher said he's rooting for his former teammates to win, but not wholeheartedly.

"I'm going for them," Urlacher said. "A lot of my friends are still on the team. A lot of my good friends -- guys I played with for 10, 11 years -- so I'm still rooting for them. I hope they do well. They better not win the championship without me, 'cause then I'll be really pissed."

Urlacher's dry sense of humor makes it difficult to be certain he wasn't joking (you can judge for yourself at about the 10-minute mark). We can assume most newly retired ringless players would have a similar sentiment.

"Like I said, I've got a lot of friends on the team, but I don't want them to win the Super Bowl without me," Urlacher reiterated, underscoring that he'd be crushed if the Bears made the leap so soon after his exit.

After coaxing by Dameshek, Urlacher insisted he won't unretire, even if the Bears appear to be Super Bowl-bound.

"There's nothing that could bring me back," he said.

So until his friends are off the team, then winning the SB will be all right in his book.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emery and Trestman have this guy really peed.

Brian Urlacher doesn't want Bears to win Super Bowl

Just about the only thing Brian Urlacher didn't do on the Chicago Bears was capture a Super Bowl championship.

In an wide-ranging (read: rambling) interview on the "Dave Dameshek Football Program" from the American Century Championship in Lake Tahoe, Calif., this week, Urlacher said he's rooting for his former teammates to win, but not wholeheartedly.

"I'm going for them," Urlacher said. "A lot of my friends are still on the team. A lot of my good friends -- guys I played with for 10, 11 years -- so I'm still rooting for them. I hope they do well. They better not win the championship without me, 'cause then I'll be really pissed."

Urlacher's dry sense of humor makes it difficult to be certain he wasn't joking (you can judge for yourself at about the 10-minute mark). We can assume most newly retired ringless players would have a similar sentiment.

"Like I said, I've got a lot of friends on the team, but I don't want them to win the Super Bowl without me," Urlacher reiterated, underscoring that he'd be crushed if the Bears made the leap so soon after his exit.

After coaxing by Dameshek, Urlacher insisted he won't unretire, even if the Bears appear to be Super Bowl-bound.

"There's nothing that could bring me back," he said.

So until his friends are off the team, then winning the SB will be all right in his book.

I read a piece, where it was said he said that in a joking manner. I'm not sure how serious he was when he made that comment.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was joke. Not worried at all.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even he were serious I can kind of understand it. I'm sure it would hurt to see that. But I bet if they got there he'd be excited for them.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand his statement. Playing for the team as long as he did. And not get a ring. I'd probably be pissed too, if they got 1 w/out me. Especially the 1rst yr I was gone.