• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

realigntment

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There was a story out that winnipeg will come west and play in the central while detroit will move east. That would sure change alot!

First, getting det out of the west would make the sharks chances a whole lot better. Every year detroit is like this monolith that the sharks have to get by (of course, they have the last two years, but at a price).

However, I wonder if that would mean another team will join the pacific (it mentioned dallas being in the central). I fear that team could easily be vancouver. Obviously replacing dallas with vancouver in the pacific makes the sharks schedule much tougher, but overall, I would prefer it. Makes the regular season possibly harder (4 extra games vs. vancouver though 3 extra games vs. winnipeg and 3 less vs. detroit), but makes the PO's path much easier.

Interesting discussion and they said it would likely be just right after next season, so that might play into the sharks future plans, knowing that detroit wont be a threat in the PO's.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WPG and DET should swap conferences. DAL and COL should swap divisions. Putting DET in the East makes too much sense. Afterall, they are Eastern Standard Time.

I think keeping VAN, EDM, and CGY together is vital for the regional rivalry.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If it's col that came rather than vancouver, then that would be huge for the sharks. Get rid of their #1 annual threat (west go east) and add a really weak team to their division. Win-win! I hope that happens...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO Nashville would be the likely canidate to change divisions as they are best located to move to the South East Division.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Nashville would be the likely canidate to change divisions as they are best located to move to the South East Division.

Beat me to it again, Cmon. :hockeysmile: I like the DET / CHI division rivalry & we need DET in West for cred. against the East.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowlby

The DON
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ive heard they are considering no divisions, just 1-16(or is it 15?) in each league and having a balanced schedule. Baseball is considering the same thing.

Bowlby

The DON
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

they said DET has been asking for it for longer

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they said DET has been asking for it for longer

They have, but asking for it longer and what's best and easiest for the league are two completely different things. If the Wings were to move it would turn the WC into a nonexistant TV market on the national level. Best thing for the league to do, other than a major realignment, is to move Nashville to the SE and replace their spot in the Central with Winnipeg.

Bowlby

The DON
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They have, but asking for it longer and what's best and easiest for the league are two completely different things. If the Wings were to move it would turn the WC into a nonexistant TV market on the national level. Best thing for the league to do, other than a major realignment, is to move Nashville to the SE and replace their spot in the Central with Winnipeg.

theyve talked abour re-igniting old rivalries putting Det into the east, no one cares about nashville.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think you like idea now until we possibly would have to play against the wings in the finals... ouch