• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Real Corn vs Bullshit kern

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys understand that we're losing like eight starters on defense right?

See to me I thought the defense showed up big in this game and the offense just couldn't get out of first gear.

The defense gave the offense plenty of chances to win this game including scoring a touchdown. Frost lame-duck play-calling as well as keeping Martinez in the game is what cost us.

McCaffrey starting quarterback is Nebraska's only chance of having a winning season next year

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See to me I thought the defense showed up big in this game and the offense just couldn't get out of first gear.

The defense gave the offense plenty of chances to win this game including scoring a touchdown. Frost lame-duck play-calling as well as keeping Martinez in the game is what cost us.

McCaffrey starting quarterback is Nebraska's only chance of having a winning season next year
8 from the 2 deep but they substituted a lot on defense so I feel like we actually have some depth their. Daniels is probably the biggest loss. LJ might be 1st round pick but we r getting back the rest of secondary and Williams will hopefully make a comeback. Davises were just ok, Stille is back and hopefully someone steps up or the JUCO guy. Mo Barry is a leadership loss.

I agree and disagree with the defense assessment. They did give the O chances Saturday but lost several games this year too. Not to mention two big plays against Iowa that should have been minimal gains and they scored TDs. They definitely stepped up in the 2nd half and then the offense did screw the pooch.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just cant for the life of me find an excuse for leaving 2AM in the game. Literally did nothing at an even mediocre level.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I expect to see an improved defense next year. More kids in the system that were recruited to run the 3-4 defense instead of Hammering a square peg into a round hole. They will be young up front tho. Greene, Stille and Daniels will probably be the front 3.
Plus, less Mike Riley cupcakes on the roster.

I like McCaffrey, too. But his sample size has me hesitant to demand that he be the starter. I'm willing to wait and see if AM improves.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fully prepared for this to take 5 to 7 years still. I think that we really are building a program that was completely ripped to shit by the last coaching staff and AD department.

Recruiting took the biggest hit when we stopped recruiting to a system that Tom built and Frank ran.

This will take time but as far as I am concerned I think we might have 3 wins next year. That's not me giving up hope on the team that is a realistic expectation.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know guys I mean is a impromptu internet message board Football thread claiming 10000 post for a conference championship doesn't get the jobs done I fear nothing will

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like McCaffrey, too. But his sample size has me hesitant to demand that he be the starter. I'm willing to wait and see if AM improves.
People have been eluding to AM being hurt all season. Perhaps the good coaching call would have been to redshirt him and play Vedral who knew the playbook forward, backward, and sideways. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I read Sipple today and he made a great point that if AM was "The Guy" then Frost wouldn't have put in special packages for Vedral and Luuuuuke. IDK, the press will build up a QB controversy for next year and everyone will be wondering which AM shows up in 2020.

I wondered where RB Jalyn Bradley has been hiding all year and Matt Vrzal let it be know that Bradley has been lacking in studies and along with other off field problems. Folks in Bellevue knew about such things when the kid was in high school. Kids like this just need to grow the eff up already.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's my age showing but if I was going to school for free to play football I would have a 4.o GPA. and accolades up and down the board I don't understand how these kids just sluff off a free education and free opportunities like this

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's my age showing but if I was going to school for free to play football I would have a 4.o GPA. and accolades up and down the board I don't understand how these kids just sluff off a free education and free opportunities like this
I couldn't get a 4.0 of I was paid to get it.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
truth be told I probably couldn't either lol but the point I was trying to make is I keep my head down my mouth shut my nose clean. Live in the classroom in the weight room I mean it's for years it's not lifetime but it set you up for a lifetime

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I read Sipple today and he made a great point that if AM was "The Guy" then Frost wouldn't have put in special packages for Vedral and Luuuuuke. .
I understand the package for Luke. His speed and athleticism really shows but felt throwing Vedral in there was dumb.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I understand the package for Luke. His speed and athleticism really shows but felt throwing Vedral in there was dumb.
Thus far from what I've seen of Luke, he exceed AM in the passing game also...

AM had JD twice deep and over threw him, Luke throws deep to JD and connects in stride for a TD if I remember correctly. Luke's size has me concerned in regards to how much punishment he can take physically..

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thus far from what I've seen of Luke, he exceed AM in the passing game also...

AM had JD twice deep and over threw him, Luke throws deep to JD and connects in stride for a TD if I remember correctly. Luke's size has me concerned in regards to how much punishment he can take physically..

Eric Crouch wasn't that big and took more of a pounding then what Luke will ever take in Frost offense. Martinez never looked right this year but I also believe a lot of it had to do with no outside WR's he could trust. Plus having Vedral and Luke pushing Martinez in the off season will be a good thing. The best part about it is they all want to be at Nebraska.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope Frost watched some of the games today to see how to win games, or had his DVR on today to watch those games if he's out recruiting. He needs to learn that the little things are very important in winning games. His in game decisions lost at least two games this year, but only one more win was needed to gain a bowl bid and those extra practices. Next season with a few defensive players graduating, it will be even more vital to be focused on those little things. I can see another losing season next year unless he gets his shit together.