• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Re: Felix...Is he about done?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea was mainly meaning as a top of the rotation guy. There is very little difference between his fastball and changeup anymore and he misses in the middle of the plate too frequently.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't done but we all need to accept what he is at this point in his career.
Paxton is better than Felix.
Miranda is better than Felix.
Andrew Moore is better than Felix.
Gaviglio is as good as Felix.

Felix is either our #4 or our #5. We should have the same expectations of him that we would have of Bergman or Gaviglio. That's the brutal truth.

Oh, and on a side note: Andrew Moore should never throw another pitch in the minor leagues. His apprenticeship needs to be over. He's got a Maddux-like baseball IQ. He pitches smart.

:agree:

On all of it.........

Good thing they wrote in that "No Trade" clause!

I wonder if they can Jamie Moyer to teach him some junk pitches

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, he needs to work on his change up speed differential and other adjustments as he is still working on adapting to pitching without the same speed he once had, but his missing in the middle of the plate right now likely has a lot to do with how much time off he had with that injury. Paxton is just now starting to come back into the form he was in before his injury and Felix was out longer.

He won't return to his prior dominance, but he will be better than he has been since coming back. He is overpaid for what you will get out of him, but that's how baseball works. He also stayed with a team hopelessly incapable of ever putting him in the world series when he could have easily jumped ship and wrote his own ticket. I have no problems in a game with no salary cap for him to cash in long after his productivity no longer meets his paycheck.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't look through the thread, but i wanted to say that really great pitchers reinvent themselves when they get older and their bazooka stuff runs out

time to see if felix can do that

he'll always have that cy young award, but time to see what he's really made of

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised to see this thread rejuvenated; I seriously thought it was lost to the archives.

Must be nice making that big-ass contract without actually having to earn it. Sorry, Felix, but your age is showing...not to mention your vulnerability.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got called an idiot for even suggesting this lol, and I was being optimistic.

He's done. Thought he had the possibility to be a #3, I don't even know if that's the case anymore. I'm just curious when the Mariners will get rid of the "King's Court" and stop all this "king" shit marketing with him.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got called an idiot for even suggesting this lol, and I was being optimistic.

He's done. Thought he had the possibility to be a #3, I don't even know if that's the case anymore. I'm just curious when the Mariners will get rid of the "King's Court" and stop all this "king" shit marketing with him.
He'll have to retire or go elsewhere before we can do that. But he's making too damn much on his contract to even think about that...not that he's worth it anymore, mind you.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great pitchers do reinvent themselves, but in addition to the drop in velocity, it doesn't appear that Felix has the command he once did. To me, he looks even worse than his 5.04 ERA indicates. I hope that this isn't a sign of things to come.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also an "old 30" because he's pitching since age 19.

and as you and others have mentioned the amount of innings he's thrown that will wear on a guy, I don't care how in shape you are.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as you and others have mentioned the amount of innings he's thrown that will wear on a guy, I don't care how in shape you are.

Amongst active pitchers, only C.C. Sabathia, Bartolo Colon and John Lackey have thrown more innings than Felix.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amongst active pitchers, only C.C. Sabathia, Bartolo Colon and John Lackey have thrown more innings than Felix.

exactly. Which is a perfect reason why Felix is "wearing down" and not performing like we know he can

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix's hard contact percentage is only somewhat higher (29.7%) than his career average (27%), but he has a career high LD% this year (25.2%). That 26.8% HR/FB rate will probably come down too, but his 3.96 xFIP is .71 points higher than his career norm.

Crazy to think he's only 31 years old. Feels like he's been in the majors forever. I don't think he's done, but he wouldn't be the first great pitcher to see his career end abruptly (Halladay, Brandon Webb).

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't help much when other starters pretty much give up before we can even bat. Miranda last night, Gaviglio tonight...Wouldn't be a first time a season was tanked before the All-Star Break.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it 2-3 years ago, Seattle should've traded Felix. We could've gotten 2 SOLID prospects for him that would probably be contributing a WAR to actually put us in the WC mix. I was shoo'd off this board.

What do I think about him now? He's done. Too many IP for the age he started. His trade value is complete CRAP (compared to what it was - you might as well just hope he somehow hits the Fountain of Youth), fortunately in a MUCH lesser fashion than the Angels with Mike Trout in wasting trade value. Difference is about the ONLY team that could trade for Trout with prospects is the Brewers... they actually have the dumb management to do it lol. That said, Felix would've been a realistic trade in 14-15.

I love King Felix, but the guy has put in nearly 12-13 years of pitching, is now getting the injury bug, and they overused the F out of Felix... part of that was Felix's fault for wanting to stay in games, and naturally we had pussy managers who were like, "Oh okay." I don't expect Kershaw to keep up the pace for much longer either...

Difference with Dodgers, is they are actually competing for something, so keeping Kershaw makes sense. Mariners were competing for jack shit (a .500 record at best 2 years ago).

Whatever. /end rant.

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,740.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix has only allowed under 2 runs in two of his last 8 outings.... He's definitely looks like a worn out, pitcher... We new this day would eventually come w/ all the innings under his belt... Yikes!!!