• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rate the 1st Round

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we won't know for a few years, but realistically the first two picks of this draft could range from an A to a C. If Robinson pans out to be the next Orlando Pace like some have said, and Donald also lives up to his potential, then even if we strike out on the rest of the draft I would consider it a success. But if Robinson only ever becomes a great guard, which is almost a no brainer unless he becomes injury prone ala Roger Saffold, and Donald goes the way of Jim Kennedy or some others we've drafted, well then we better hit some home runs in the later rounds here.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't make me feel any better.
I hold my reservations on Robinson for now. If he can become an elite lg and then LT only then will I bow down to snisher

:violin::violin::violin:come on Jacob....we all know your sore because you didnt get your golden boy. Cant you see what they are trying to do here?? A running game helps take the pressure off the qb. It keeps the defense off the field and fresh as well. Its going to help the whole team. In case you dont know it, this is Sammys last chance. This will help him more than any wr ever could. Diddnt you take notice last season when we moved Saffold to guard?? How do you think our line will be by plugging in Robinson?? You are just trying to find things wrong with Robinson hoping he'll flop. Your comparison to Jason Smith(a converted te) is comical. All I can say is you will find out real fast when we run the ball down the field moving the chains and eating up the clock doing so. We were successful doing this last year, but add Robinson to the mix makes it even more potent.:nod:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:violin::violin::violin:come on Jacob....we all know your sore because you didnt get your golden boy. Cant you see what they are trying to do here?? A running game helps take the pressure off the qb. It keeps the defense off the field and fresh as well. Its going to help the whole team. In case you dont know it, this is Sammys last chance. This will help him more than any wr ever could. Diddnt you take notice last season when we moved Saffold to guard?? How do you think our line will be by plugging in Robinson?? You are just trying to find things wrong with Robinson hoping he'll flop. Your comparison to Jason Smith(a converted te) is comical. All I can say is you will find out real fast when we run the ball down the field moving the chains and eating up the clock doing so. We were successful doing this last year, but add Robinson to the mix makes it even more potent.:nod:

Actually I hope Robinson succeeds. If you actually read my post you would have seen that. I have my reservations about drafting him where we did is all. No need to play the violin.
I'm all for smash mouth football and agree it's the best way to beat seattle and SF. So I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. I don't really care that we didn't draft Watkins as you all might assume. I'm just glad we didn't draft clown boy or manz. Like I said above I'll hold me reservations on Robinson for now. But I'm weary of the pick.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding playing smash mouth football, they are going to need another RB to do that.

Stacy can't do it himself and Cunningham is fumble prone.

Question is, when do they take another RB with so many other needs still?

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue is that I won't hold it against Robinson if he becomes an elite guard, but I'll be mad at the FO unless he becomes an elite tackle, because you don't draft guards in the first 5 picks

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding playing smash mouth football, they are going to need another RB to do that.

4th-7th

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm gonna tell you something ALR, and I never thought I'd be saying this....

Pead, Richardson and Cunningham will be all we need behind Stacy.

Hell I could run behind those hogs we now have on the OL and backup Stacy!

Just look at this double Tight Wing set!!

Kendricks / Harkey / Long / Robinson / Wells / Saffold / Barksdale

Or this double Tight End set!!

Kendricks / Long / Robinson / Wells / Saffold / Barksdale / Harkey

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The value would be in Rd3. Sankey, Hill or Seastrunk would all kick Pead to the curb.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone already knows my grade, so why insult by putting it out there again. Although I don't think Watkins was right for us right now, if the Rams would have taken him, I would have liked it too. I like the Robinson pick and will not explain again but I would have liked to get Ha Ha with a trade down but maybe there were no takers. Donald is real solid but Fisher and Snead do have to find guys for the backfield. (I think) the Rams have improved and I will leave it at that but I am no smarter than anyone else. We will have to watch.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna tell you something ALR, and I never thought I'd be saying this....

Pead, Richardson and Cunningham will be all we need behind Stacy.

Hell I could run behind those hogs we now have on the OL and backup Stacy!

Just look at this double Tight Wing set!!

Kendricks / Harkey / Long / Robinson / Wells / Saffold / Barksdale

Or this double Tight End set!!

Kendricks / Long / Robinson / Wells / Saffold / Barksdale / Harkey

Vita

They have Backs, but they all have question marks. Pead has never shown anything. Richardson fell off the map last season. Can he regain his form? Cunningham has fumble issues and Stacy was injured quite a bit last season and can't handle a full workload by himself.

That's a lot of question marks to put your faith in. I would love it if Pead finally realized his potential. It would mean one less bust the team has drafted. Plus, he and Stacy are very similar runners.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give the first round a B...but if I'm Zach Stacy I give the first pick a AAAAAAAA++++++++. With that big dude blocking 10 plus yards down field Stacy will run the lights out.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita

They have Backs, but they all have question marks. Pead has never shown anything. Richardson fell off the map last season. Can he regain his form? Cunningham has fumble issues and Stacy was injured quite a bit last season and can't handle a full workload by himself.

That's a lot of question marks to put your faith in. I would love it if Pead finally realized his potential. It would mean one less bust the team has drafted. Plus, he and Stacy are very similar runners.
I think we are at a point where 'tweaks' here and there make this whole team better. Long gone are the days of the Delvaney and Spags debacle. Snisher has done an excellent job at turning the roster however last year still had some glaring holes even before injuries. This year, with a healthy OL and the addition of Greg Williams, tweaks are all we need.

Those tweaks like Saffold anchored at guard, utilizing double TE sets, Long anchored at LT, Jones as a multi-position backup and now the addition of a road grader in Robinson barring injury, Pead and Richardson will make believers out of all of you. WATCH!

I give the first round a B...but if I'm Zach Stacy I give the first pick a AAAAAAAA++++++++. With that big dude blocking 10 plus yards down field Stacy will run the lights out.
You see how others feel ALR? And Stacey wasn't even able to 'clearly' take the spot away from either of those dudes in the off season or pre-season. I honestly think we were kind of reaching for straws when we found success with him. I do attribute some of Stacy's success due to the coaching staff putting a double TE formation for Stacy to run behind and Saffold moving to right guard.

And now that we have Robinson at left guard, Pead and Richardson will find success too!

No faith about it, purely a wining approach!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and we now have 10 picks left to find a starting FS & CB and depth at other various positions.

I'm sure the booty of picks we received from the RGII trade that are finally realized are going to pay off. These tweaks, we will be making to our roster from this draft, will allow for some of the earlier picks in the last two drafts and Free Agents from the last two years to either begin to pay off by development or provide that extra half second of time needed to execute or get turned lose as cap casualties or also rans.

:lol: Those last two, cap casualties and also rans, are dudes we had no choice but keeping in years past because we managed personnel so badly with Spags and Delvaney and prior to that Linehan.

It's a new era boys!

Let's hope the West is looking the other way and past our Rams and we take back this damn division that's ours!

:yahoo:

My point here is simple, we deserve an A Grade because we now, with the roster we are 'supplementing' (And that word 'supplement' is important because we haven't really been able to do that in the last two drafts) we took huge steps at becoming better because it supports our current roster of skilled players, our game planning within the division and our coaching staff with their approach to game planning using the personnel they have on board.

You all should be excited, very excited! And the rest of the Division foes should be worried, very worried.

Grade A!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go with B+. We have a great defensive line and hoping that Robinson can pan out to be a great OL like a lot of people are predicting. I just really hope that tonight is focused primarily on the secondary.

Blazer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid B

I like the fact that they are looking to protect the QB and stay the course on D

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid B?? That was a A+++ first round. #SackCity is here to stay.... nobody is running on this team....