• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rat sighting

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe
Former Louisiana Tech QB Tim Rattay has been hired by the school as an assistant coach

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought this was a Mike Johnson / Jimmy Raye news.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
OMG that rat business with Jimmy Raye was just so ridiculous in hindsight.

In comparison our coaching staff now has it so together!

Could you imagine Harbaugh going up to a press conference and talking about a rat in the building, how ridiculous that would look?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Could you imagine Harbaugh going up to a press conference and talking about a rat in the building, how ridiculous that would look?

Not a chance. I could see him pulling his dick out during a speech. But talking about a "rat" in the building? THAT would be ridiculous.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun-sies, a trip down memory lane:
Mike Singletary, Jimmy Raye, Alex Smith on the communication issues

(a selection of Sing's greatest hits from "Rat-gate")
[Singletary] On the report that came out about communication issues from Yahoo Sports and whether it is factual:

"You know, let me address it like this. As the head coach, one of the most important things for me to do is decide where I need to spend my time. The time that I have, I need to think about certain things that are important or not important. What's in that article, the thing that I always try to strive to do is to deal with men. And if a man has something to say, he's going to find a way to come and tell you. But I don't want to deal with a rat. And I don't want to spend my time trying to find out, who said this, who did that. The article is not factual, number one. Number two is I don't want to spend my time trying to find the rat. In time, the smell will come."

[Singletary] On what he can do to keep the team together when things get tough:

"Well right now is a tremendous opportunity for us very early on. I'm very excited for where it is right now because sometimes it's tough to tell a team that's as talented and as young as we are that, you know what, the stove is hot. And it's just a matter of understanding after you go through it and you touch the stove, and you know, hey it's hot. I think our guys understand the challenge that we have going forward, I think they understand that we have to go out there and start the game, finish the game, and just continue to get better. Every opportunity that we have to get better we have to take it, whether it's in practice or it's in the game. So for us, we're going to stick together, we're going to continue to work. We're a work in progress, but I'm excited about Monday night and I'm excited about the challenge for our team."

On what he means by a rat:

"Here we go, okay? I want you to understand that I believe that in our country, it's the saddest thing that's happened. One thing that I want to teach our guys is to be men. If there's something that you have to say, go say it. And say that you said it. But don't go say a bunch of stuff, but ‘don't tell him I said it.' To me, that's a rat. That's a coward and a rat. So those things I can't spend my time on, and that's all I have to say."

And a gem from Jimmy Raye:

[Raye] On what he makes of this Yahoo Sports story that came out a few days ago:

"Who's Yahoo? I don't know him, but I think this, guys, we lost the game in Seattle it goes with the territory. I bear my brunt of the responsibility for what took place up there, I've done this a long time, it's my 34th year in the National Football League I'm not flawless, I think I speak with good diction. I don't garble anything. I think I speak with good diction and I think I express myself pretty well, so whoever Yahoo is, maybe he should come call the plays."

Quite the informative article, as we learned that:

1) Singletary didn't want to waste time finding out who said things.
2) Singletary didn't want to waste time finding out who's a rat, because rats smell.
3) The stove is hot, guys.
4) Rats are the saddest thing to ever happen to America.
5) Jimmy Raye doesn't know who this "Yahoo" guy is, but Jimmy doesn't particularly care for him very much.

These transcripts would almost be poetic if the who thing wasn't so sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to Rattay... good for him. Not a good football player, but you get in where you fit in.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun-sies, a trip down memory lane:
Mike Singletary, Jimmy Raye, Alex Smith on the communication issues

(a selection of Sing's greatest hits from "Rat-gate")
[Singletary] On the report that came out about communication issues from Yahoo Sports and whether it is factual:

"You know, let me address it like this. As the head coach, one of the most important things for me to do is decide where I need to spend my time. The time that I have, I need to think about certain things that are important or not important. What's in that article, the thing that I always try to strive to do is to deal with men. And if a man has something to say, he's going to find a way to come and tell you. But I don't want to deal with a rat. And I don't want to spend my time trying to find out, who said this, who did that. The article is not factual, number one. Number two is I don't want to spend my time trying to find the rat. In time, the smell will come."

[Singletary] On what he can do to keep the team together when things get tough:

"Well right now is a tremendous opportunity for us very early on. I'm very excited for where it is right now because sometimes it's tough to tell a team that's as talented and as young as we are that, you know what, the stove is hot. And it's just a matter of understanding after you go through it and you touch the stove, and you know, hey it's hot. I think our guys understand the challenge that we have going forward, I think they understand that we have to go out there and start the game, finish the game, and just continue to get better. Every opportunity that we have to get better we have to take it, whether it's in practice or it's in the game. So for us, we're going to stick together, we're going to continue to work. We're a work in progress, but I'm excited about Monday night and I'm excited about the challenge for our team."

On what he means by a rat:

"Here we go, okay? I want you to understand that I believe that in our country, it's the saddest thing that's happened. One thing that I want to teach our guys is to be men. If there's something that you have to say, go say it. And say that you said it. But don't go say a bunch of stuff, but ‘don't tell him I said it.' To me, that's a rat. That's a coward and a rat. So those things I can't spend my time on, and that's all I have to say."

And a gem from Jimmy Raye:

[Raye] On what he makes of this Yahoo Sports story that came out a few days ago:

"Who's Yahoo? I don't know him, but I think this, guys, we lost the game in Seattle it goes with the territory. I bear my brunt of the responsibility for what took place up there, I've done this a long time, it's my 34th year in the National Football League I'm not flawless, I think I speak with good diction. I don't garble anything. I think I speak with good diction and I think I express myself pretty well, so whoever Yahoo is, maybe he should come call the plays."

Quite the informative article, as we learned that:

1) Singletary didn't want to waste time finding out who said things.
2) Singletary didn't want to waste time finding out who's a rat, because rats smell.
3) The stove is hot, guys.
4) Rats are the saddest thing to ever happen to America.
5) Jimmy Raye doesn't know who this "Yahoo" guy is, but Jimmy doesn't particularly care for him very much.

These transcripts would almost be poetic if the who thing wasn't so sad.

Effing Hilarious!!! Great Post!!