• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to the Great Northwest to Play Mariners 6/10-6/12

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sincerely hope Prince gets going. I also hope that if he does, Banister has the sense to leave well enough alone if the lineup is clicking and doesn't try to force him back into the third or cleanup spot.

I can hope the only change made to this current line up would be that Beltre is back in it soon, otherwise I would leave it as is for now. Glad Prince has shown some life cause theres very little depth for much to change right now

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sincerely hope Prince gets going. I also hope that if he does, Banister has the sense to leave well enough alone if the lineup is clicking and doesn't try to force him back into the third or cleanup spot.
I agree.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the Prince HR in the ninth from last night again. He may have known he was getting that FB but he turned that ball around quick and hit it further than he's hit a ball all year. Hopefully it gets him going

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine this is to take Yu's turn tomorrow.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan has a nugget to offer every once in awhile.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Keone Kela: Could throw from mound next week
by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com
Kela (elbow) has begun long toss and could progress to throwing from a half-mound by next week, according to TR Sullivan of MLB.com reports.

Kela isn't expected back until right after the All-Star break after injuring his elbow in late April.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Griffin will be ready by next weekend?

Doesn't look like it

Rangers' A.J. Griffin: First rehab start goes well
Griffin (shoulder) threw well in his first rehab start at Double-A Frisco on Friday, TR Sullivan of MLB.com reports.

Griffin is expected to need at least two more rehab starts in the minors before he's given consideration at the major league level, though a spot in the rotation seems unlikely at this point.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much here

Rangers' Yu Darvish: Throws bullpen session, remains on track to start Monday

Darvish (neck/shoulder) threw in the bullpen Friday as scheduled and remains on track to start Monday in Oakland, TR Sullivan of MLB.com reports.

He'll likely be officially cleared to start if he reports to the park Saturday with no residual soreness.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariner's Justin De Fratus: Heads to Rangers organization
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
De Fratus was named as the player involved in the deal that sent INF Pat Kivlehan to the Mariners several weeks ago, TR Sullivan of MLB.com reports. De Fratus will head to the Rangersorganization.

De Fratus will head directly to Triple-A Round Rock where he will continue his 2016 campaign. He's been effective during his stay with the Mariners affiliate as he posted a 3.21 ERA and 1.07 WHIP over 28 innings. The 28-year-old has also made several appearances in the majors so he would seemingly be a likely call up candidate if the Rangers need more pitching depth down the road.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Adrian Beltre: Remains out Saturday
Beltre (hamstring) remains out of the lineup Saturday against the Mariners, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

This was to be expected, as manager Jeff Banister said Friday that Beltre is an "emergency only" option this weekend against Seattle. The team will hold off until early next week to make a decision regarding a possible DL stint. Jurickson Profar is manning third base once again in Beltre's absence.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Yu Darvish: Will miss schedule start Monday with shoulder tightness
Darvish will miss Monday's scheduled start due to shoulder tightness and will return to Dallas for an MRI, the Dallas Morning News reports. "I have heard it's common for players that have had Tommy John surgery to have issues like this," Darvish said. "Right now I don't want to push it and make it worse. It's a precaution, we hope it's nothing serious and that I can be back soon."

It's not clear who will start Monday as Cesar Ramos could be an option or Darvish could land on the DL and Texas could call a pitcher up from the minors. After leaving Wednesday's game due to shoulder tightness, he threw Thursday and Friday without any issues. However, he experienced issues throwing Saturday. We should know more about his injury after an MRI on Sunday.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Colby Lewis: Dealing in no-decision versus Mariners
Despite delivering an eight-inning gem Saturday against the Mariners, Lewis (5-0) was left with a no-decision. He pitched eight innings, allowing one run, three hits and no walks while striking out three.

Lewis was ridiculously efficient in this one, needing just 88 pitches to get through his longest outing of the season. He only faced three more than the minimum while lowering his ERA to 3.00 - its best mark since May 20. The only mistake he made was leaving a changeup up in the zone to Adam Lind that was hit out of the ballpark. Lewis will look to continue his great season in his next start on Thursday against Oakland.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Prince Fielder: Blasts second homer in five games
Fielder tied the game with ninth-inning home run on Saturday, giving him a pair of homers in his last five games and eight hits in his past 23 at-bats.

Fielder appears to have responded well for the few games on the bench late last week in an effort to end a prolonged slump. He could make for a decent buy-low option if his original owner had given up on him.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Bobby Wilson: Assumes bench role Sunday
Wilson is out of the lineup Sunday against the Mariners.

The Rangers activated Robinson Chirinos (forearm) from the DL on Friday following a lengthy absence, so at the very least, it seems likely that Wilson will have to split the at-bats behind the dish moving forward. Given that Chirinos has historically shown more offensive capabilities, it may not take long for him to assume a larger portion of the timeshare at the position, putting Wilson's fantasy value on the downswing.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Adrian Beltre: Out fourth straight game Sunday
Beltre (hamstring) is out of the lineup Sunday against the Mariners.

It will mark Beltre's fourth straight absence, but the Rangers aren't inclined to move him to the DL just yet. That could happen, however, if Beltre fails to make much progress early in the week, making him a dicey fantasy option in weekly formats. Jurickson Profar is set to receive the lion's share of starts at third base until Beltre is cleared to return.