• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers keep Colby

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still hard to say what they are planning here. Colby is a very seviceable #3-4, though that doesn't mean they are planning on keeping him. His trade option has value in keeping him as a trade piece alone. He played pretty much all season with a hurt hip, so if he gets that fixed we could se a very different Colby Lewis in 2012.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they seem to be covering their bases right now

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the whole "pitching on a hurt hip" thing. It's not like his numbers were fantastic in 2010. Do you expect him to regain the velocity on his fastball?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm concerned about how some are blowing off this hip issue and drop off in pitch speed but are adamant about staying away from someone like Oswalt

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm concerned about how some are blowing off this hip issue and drop off in pitch speed but are adamant about staying away from someone like Oswalt

At his age a hip inury will probably effect pitch location more than velocity. The thing about Oswalt is that he may not be seen as an upgrade over what we already have.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At his age a hip inury will probably effect pitch location more than velocity. The thing about Oswalt is that he may not be seen as an upgrade over what we already have.

so we agree, the hip injury affected pitch location and pitch speed which explains why he led the AL in homeruns allowed.

well reading scouting reports it seems that most of them feel that Oswalt will be highly sought after and that the Rangers will be one of the teams looking to sign him. and according to some reports they will pursue him even if they sign CJ.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Colby is making around $3.5 million this year if I'm not mistaken. That is a BARGAIN for a guy who has been money in the post season and will get you 10-14 wins in the regular season. He should be the 3rd guy in the rotation once everything shakes out.

I'm not sure what more you guys want from the guy. He kept the Rangers in the biggest game of the franchise's history.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody is questioning what he's done for us. My main skepticism is whether he will continue to pitch at the same level. If he loses any more on that fastball he could be a rotation casualty next season. If we end up keeping him then I hope that's not the case, but that's what I think right now. I'm not very high on the likelihood that he throws another 200 solid innings with stellar playoff performances to follow.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby is making around $3.5 million this year if I'm not mistaken. That is a BARGAIN for a guy who has been money in the post season and will get you 10-14 wins in the regular season. He should be the 3rd guy in the rotation once everything shakes out.

I'm not sure what more you guys want from the guy. He kept the Rangers in the biggest game of the franchise's history.

as of right now if he's healthy next season i expect him to be in the rotation. if not then i expect the Rangers to fill the void which is why i think the rangers look seriously at Oswalt and/or Buehrle. personally he has looked adequate over the last 2 years but apparently over that period his location & speed have suffered.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we agree, the hip injury affected pitch location and pitch speed which explains why he led the AL in homeruns allowed.

well reading scouting reports it seems that most of them feel that Oswalt will be highly sought after and that the Rangers will be one of the teams looking to sign him. and according to some reports they will pursue him even if they sign CJ.

I'll leave the rumor reports to you. Till I see it, it's just off season chatter. Same as we see every year. I'm not opposed to signing him, I'm just not sure he's an upgrade over what we have. Where would you put him?

In the final analysis the home run total didn't mean much when it got down to the nut cutting. He was money in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll leave the rumor reports to you. Till I see it, it's just off season chatter. Same as we see every year. I'm not opposed to signing him, I'm just not sure he's an upgrade over what we have. Where would you put him?

In the final analysis the home run total didn't mean much when it got down to the nut cutting. He was money in the playoffs.

so why are you here? there's nothing else to talk about but rumors

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be better next season. His game isn't about velocity as much as it is location and pitch selection. He missed entirely to much over the plate this season. Having a healthy hip should alleviate some of that.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The agent for Roy Oswalt told Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports that the right-hander is healthy and "definitely looking for a long-term contract" this offseason. Bob Garber said Oswalt feels ***8220;great,***8221; even after two back-related stints on the disabled list in 2011.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so why are you here? there's nothing else to talk about but rumors

I'm here because I want to be. There is nothing wrong with rumors as long as they aren't used as factual evidence to prove a point. Most of them are nothing but agent bs and writer speculation.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The agent for Roy Oswalt told Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports that the right-hander is healthy and "definitely looking for a long-term contract" this offseason. Bob Garber said Oswalt feels ***8220;great,***8221; even after two back-related stints on the disabled list in 2011.

I wouldn't mind the Cardinals signing him; however, I really wonder how well he'll translate to the American League. I am sure he'll do well though. I think the Rangers can use him but Perez and Ramirez are sure to be knocking on the door soon.

Right now it looks like the Rangers have Colby, Holland, Ogando and Harrison in the rotation. That is 4 very fine arms right there. Then throw in Feldman or Wilson and you've got a very talented, very durable rotation. Heck, Feldman is better than most teams #2 or #3 guy.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not totally sold on ogando in the rotation until he develops a good off speed pitch.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not totally sold on ogando in the rotation until he develops a good off speed pitch.

I am totally sold on Ogando. He is nasty. He is going to win a Cy Young award very soon. Still learning how to pitch and look at the year he had. And I think he has a nasty slider. He might need to learn to be selectively wild like Randy Johnson used to be.