• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers Board Fantasy Playoffs

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys, we're 6 days away from the start of the fantasy playoffs. This last week can decide a lot in terms of seeding and who grabs the last few playoff spots. Here is where things stand right now:

1 Seed: WilltheThrill (already clinched the #1 seed and Round 1 Bye)

2 Seed: PDay (clinches the #2 seed and Round 1 Bye with a win and not being outscored by Arnold by 21 points)

3 Seed: Arnold (already clinched the #3 seed, could clinch the #2 seed and Round 1 Bye with either a win and a PDay loss or a win and outscoring PDay this week by 21 or more)

4 Seed: BMurph (already clinched a playoff spot, clinches the 4 seed with a win)

5 Seed: Nightcrawler (clinches the 5 seed with a win, clinches a playoff spot with a loss and a loss by either jta or Hambombs)

6 Seed: jta (clinches the 6 seed with a win, could clinch the 5 seed with a win and a Nightcrawler loss)

Still Alive: Hambombs (clinches the 6th seed with a win and a loss by jta)

Eliminated from Playoff Contention: Gregrey, Fordman, Romeo

Round 1 Playoff Matchups as of 9/2:

WilltheThrill - Bye
PDay - Bye
Arnold vs. jta
BMurph vs. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys, we're 6 days away from the start of the fantasy playoffs. This last week can decide a lot in terms of seeding and who grabs the last few playoff spots. Here is where things stand right now:

1 Seed: WilltheThrill (already clinched the #1 seed and Round 1 Bye)

2 Seed: PDay (clinches the #2 seed and Round 1 Bye with a win and not being outscored by Arnold by 21 points)

3 Seed: Arnold (already clinched the #3 seed, could clinch the #2 seed and Round 1 Bye with either a win and a PDay loss or a win and outscoring PDay this week by 21 or more)

4 Seed: BMurph (already clinched a playoff spot, clinches the 4 seed with a win)

5 Seed: Nightcrawler (clinches the 5 seed with a win, clinches a playoff spot with a loss and a loss by either jta or Hambombs)

6 Seed: jta (clinches the 6 seed with a win, could clinch the 5 seed with a win and a Nightcrawler loss)

Still Alive: Hambombs (clinches the 6th seed with a win and a loss by jta)

Eliminated from Playoff Contention: Gregrey, Fordman, Romeo

Round 1 Playoff Matchups as of 9/2:

WilltheThrill - Bye
PDay - Bye
Arnold vs. jta
BMurph vs. Nightcrawler

Thanks for posting this!!!!! I like my chances to make the tournament. I've lost Garrett Richards and Matt Moore for the year, but still fighting hard. Is the tiebreaker based off point differential? What if I lose this week and JTA/Hambombs both win? We would all be 11-11....

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting this!!!!! I like my chances to make the tournament. I've lost Garrett Richards and Matt Moore for the year, but still fighting hard. Is the tiebreaker based off point differential? What if I lose this week and JTA/Hambombs both win? We would all be 11-11....

Not sure if the tie breaker is total points or what, didn't see it in the scoring and settings. I see me w a loss this week already. Is the waiver wire still open throughout the playoffs? Already saw the trade deadline is done gone!

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first tiebreaker for teams tied in the standings is overall points scored. This is why BMurph has all but already clinched his playoff berth, because of how far ahead he is of the other teams with the same record.

Waivers/free agency will remain open throughout the playoffs.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad my miserable season is over!

can trades still happen :evil:

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad my miserable season is over!

can trades still happen :evil:

It HAS been a miserable season, in every form and fashion. From the Rangers disaster, to the passing of two great guys (Gwynn and Durrett), to the multitude of season-ending injuries to top players, to even the most trivial levels such as fantasy baseball, this season can't end fast enough.

On a personal note of baseball cruelty, in my big money league I was in the semifinals last week. I lost Michael Morse due to an injury suffered in batting practice on Monday, but after lineups locked. I had to take a zero there. I lost Carlos Carrasco's complete game shutout yesterday when he allowed a 2-out 2-strike single in the 9th and Francona pulled him one out shy of an extra 10 points for me. I lost a Zack Britton save, 10 more points, yesterday when Ryan Flaherty overthrew first base on a routine ground ball. And I took a loss (-5 points) from Mat Latos yesterday despite his 0 earned runs thanks to Billy Hamilton misplaying a routine fly ball. I should mention that I lost my semifinals matchup by 1 point. If any of those abnormalities don't happen, I'm playing for the $1,000 title instead of the $100 third place title.

Fantasy baseball, just like real baseball, can be a very cruel mistress (as we Rangers fans can all attest to).

Last edited by a moderator:

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It HAS been a miserable season, in every form and fashion. From the Rangers disaster, to the passing of two great guys (Gwynn and Durrett), to the multitude of season-ending injuries to top players, to even the most trivial levels such as fantasy baseball, this season can't end fast enough.

On a personal note of baseball cruelty, in my big money league I was in the semifinals last week. I lost Michael Morse due to an injury suffered in batting practice on Monday, but after lineups locked. I had to take a zero there. I lost Carlos Carrasco's complete game shutout yesterday when he allowed a 2-out 2-strike single in the 9th and Francona pulled him one out shy of an extra 10 points for me. I lost a Zack Britton save, 10 more points, yesterday when Ryan Flaherty overthrew first base on a routine ground ball. And I took a loss (-5 points) from Mat Latos yesterday despite his 0 earned runs thanks to Billy Hamilton misplaying a routine fly ball. I should mention that I lost my semifinals matchup by 1 point. If any of those abnormalities don't happen, I'm playing for the $1,000 title instead of the $100 third place title.

Fantasy baseball, just like real baseball, can be a very cruel mistress (as we Rangers fans can all attest to).

Ouch.... If that's not shitty luck then I don't know what is.... At least you're the favorite to win our league, small consolation prize.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 2 underway

Good luck to those still playing, it was a fun season! Wish half my team didn't go 2014 Texas Rangers DL and all but hey what the hell!

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Arnold, it's down to you and me for all the marbles. #1 vs. #3 seeds to decide the league championship. You've got Price and Bumgarner pitching twice this final week, but I'm countering with Wainwright's 2 starts and my weekly dose of Kershaw. It should be a good matchup!

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys have any openings next year please keep me in mind.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Arnold, it's down to you and me for all the marbles. #1 vs. #3 seeds to decide the league championship. You've got Price and Bumgarner pitching twice this final week, but I'm countering with Wainwright's 2 starts and my weekly dose of Kershaw. It should be a good matchup!

Good game last week. I went farther than I thought I would at the beginning of this. We have such knowledgeable posters here, I was expecting 8th or 9th place. Might get 3rd.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a minute there, I thought Jordan Zimmerman's no-hitter was going to be enough for Arnold's team to come back and beat me. But my team managed to hold on for the title. Regular season champ and playoff champ, but I'd just as soon pretend this baseball season never happened.

Still, we had some fun in this league. It kept things interesting while the Rangers were crushing our hopes of a playoff birth, #1 overall pick, or at least knocking out the A's (failures all the way around). Looking forward to defending my title against you all next season!