• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Range Finders

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mrs. would like a range finder for Christmas. We both have basic ones that tell you how far to the front-middle-back of the green is.

Are there any that tell you how for to a hazard or distance needed to clear a hazard?

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mrs. would like a range finder for Christmas. We both have basic ones that tell you how far to the front-middle-back of the green is.

Are there any that tell you how for to a hazard or distance needed to clear a hazard?
Yes, laser range finders tell you exactly how far you are from targeted object.

Kids got me one a few years ago for Father's Day, I'm addicted to it. Even use it for shorter pitch shots as I have tried to dial in distances for my half/quarter swings.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like you are talking about two different things.

A range finder you look through and tells you exact distance to a target. below is a nice reasonably priced one and a nicer one (that I have)

A GPS will tell you distance to font/middle/back and maybe some hazards. You can get GPS watches like below but I like phone based GPS apps personally.

I have arccos on my clubs. Tracks all of your shots by club and has a GPS app you can look at as well.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a Calloway for six weeks early last summer...
rarely used it because everybody else was constantly chattering lies and distances...
so it was no big grief thing when it stayed stuck on a cart one day.

Buddy has a SkyCaddie... pretty cool... features hole-by-hole display of 30k courses
(would be a big grief thing if/when I'd lose it too)