• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Randy Moss comeback?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says he's been working out. If he still has the speed? Why not?
My question is... Can he get in and out of breaks, or make sharp cuts without tearing his ACL's. Just because he has kept himself in fairly good condition doesn't mean he has been keeping up with the rigors of what the NFL demands. Plus you have no clue what one hit could do to the man. Not trying to be a hater on Moss, but he looks frail to me.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could probably still physically do it, but I doubt the hand eye coordination is still there.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could probably still physically do it, but I doubt the hand eye coordination is still there.

Really? Because I would think it's the exact opposite. I'm sure his hands are as good as ever but it's a matter of once you lose that fraction of a second speed wise it's the difference between being open and being draped by a corner.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is... Can he get in and out of breaks, or make sharp cuts without tearing his ACL's. Just because he has kept himself in fairly good condition doesn't mean he has been keeping up with the rigors of what the NFL demands. Plus you have no clue what one hit could do to the man. Not trying to be a hater on Moss, but he looks frail to me.

He's looked frail his entire career! But yeah, getting hit at his current age vs 25 yr old Moss is different.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Because I would think it's the exact opposite. I'm sure his hands are as good as ever but it's a matter of once you lose that fraction of a second speed wise it's the difference between being open and being draped by a corner.

When TO came here as his last training camp stop he couldn't catch a fucking thing. And Jerry Rice was on a local show and they were talking about TO. Rice that most receivers real late in their career lose their eyes before their physical skills. He said that when your sight recognition slows down even just a tiny bit, it can really diminish a receivers ability because they struggle to locate the ball accurately in a split second. Made sense to me, locating the ball as incredibly fast speeds takes elite hand eye coordination.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's looked frail his entire career! But yeah, getting hit at his current age vs 25 yr old Moss is different.
Well... Only way to find out is kick the tires on the old bastard. If his tread still looks workable then give him a shot. There's a high probability that he won't survive the preseason anyway. Either he won't perform up to standards, or he'll get injured before the start of the season.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think you'll see Moss in Green Bay. It's just not Ted Thompson's MO. The Packers have a lot of young, albeit, inexperienced talent at WR on the roster right now. Some have looked very, very good in camp. If the guys they choose to go with into the season struggle, and Moss is still available, you may see them kick his tires around week 4.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay wouldn't trade a 4th for Moss in 2007 and Favre was so pissed off when they didn't that he demanded a trade. Fans called up and said that they would cancel their season tickets. I doubt that has changed.

If I'm Thompson, I say: "Go ahead, we have a 90 year waiting list" and call their bluff.

If Moss is on that 07' team, I guarantee you they win it all.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay wouldn't trade a 4th for Moss in 2007 and Favre was so pissed off when they didn't that he demanded a trade. Fans called up and said that they would cancel their season tickets. I doubt that has changed.

If I'm Thompson, I say: "Go ahead, we have a 90 year waiting list" and call their bluff.

If Moss is on that 07' team, I guarantee you they win it all.

Really? You don't think Moss being 8 years older doesn't change things? A lot? I hate to break it to Vikings fans, but at 38 years old, I guarantee you, Moss is no longer a game changer.

And speaking of guarantees, and I rarely throw that word around, but I would guarantee that, after Moss and Brady set almost every significant passing record in NE, and going 18-0, I guaranteed they'd win the Super Bowl that year. Now you guarantee the Packers would have won it all if they landed Moss rather than NE? I scoff at thee!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How is this even a topic? Randy Moss was washed up when he was with the 49ers in 2012.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be a hater on Moss, but he looks frail to me.

Someone could've made that case his entire career. That said, I to have my doubts as well. Like Cutty said on The Wire. Randy look like he don't want it no more his last couple seasons.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is very unlikely to comeback but he says he is still in good shape:

"Curt, I actually have not lost an inch. I’ve been working out with a few guys over the offseason. But the one thing, I have been retired the last two years. You never know, Curt. It’s the love of the game I still have inside of me." - Randy