• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Randy Gregory

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man suffers from PTSD from bullying in school while growing up, depression, anxiety, has been suicidal, and has had never had any real friends in his life. Weed is the only thing that helps him cope with his life. 10 cent head indeed.
Yeah he had a tough youth, you know what, wah. He's not the only person to ever have a tough childhood, many have had it worse, and without becoming a junkie. Many of those who did were still able to kick the habit, and I guarantee you they had nowhere near the support this guy has had. He got a free education from Nebraska and was making a million dollars a year in Dallas. I'll bet there are other things besides weed that could help him cope. Giving him an excuse certainly doesn't help him

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was somewhat agreeing with your first paragraph with regards to Gregory specifically, but your second shows you have little understanding on the topic. Not in regards to Gregory per se because I don't know his exact history with bullying, but in general. It can be devastating on a young, immature mind. Do you know how many families (both the victim and perpetrators) are destroyed by bullying in this country because it can actually be devastating? Perhaps it's the degree you aren't comprehending...

Sorry, jarntt, but not sorry. Bullying is way overstated in our society today. I'm not saying it's right to bully people, but I am saying that a person has to have a weak mind to allow others to inflict the kind of emotional damage that they allow on them.

Bullying has always existed and always will exist, just like domestic violence. The people who make it a way of life to inflate their own egos are messed up, to be sure, to get their kicks out of trying to inflict such torment on others, but it is just an excuse for the weak-minded to allow that bullying to get the better of them.

Part of the problem is that too many parents coddle their children and allow them to believe, by the way they lavish everything on them, that they are the center of the universe so that by the time they get into late adolescence and early adulthood they are shocked that the world doesn't view them that way at all. They find out that not only are they not the center of the universe, they aren't even worth as much as an insect in the minds of most people. It's always been that way and always will be.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, jarntt, but not sorry. Bullying is way overstated in our society today. I'm not saying it's right to bully people, but I am saying that a person has to have a weak mind to allow others to inflict the kind of emotional damage that they allow on them.

Bullying has always existed and always will exist, just like domestic violence. The people who make it a way of life to inflate their own egos are messed up, to be sure, to get their kicks out of trying to inflict such torment on others, but it is just an excuse for the weak-minded to allow that bullying to get the better of them.

Part of the problem is that too many parents coddle their children and allow them to believe, by the way they lavish everything on them, that they are the center of the universe so that by the time they get into late adolescence and early adulthood they are shocked that the world doesn't view them that way at all. They find out that not only are they not the center of the universe, they aren't even worth as much as an insect in the minds of most people. It's always been that way and always will be.

I tend to agree with you about how many are bullied and most of those bullied grew up fine, I'm an old guy who and was a little in ES, not daily but it did occur, but seems bullying has a bigger effect on today's youth. Maybe its because of the internet or because the kids are coddled more I don't know. I know my dad taught me to stand up for myself, he didn't want me coming home crying without at least trying to defend myself.

It may sound like an excuse, but society has changed, and not necessarily for the better.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You've created a scenario that clearly doesn't cover all cases and applied it to all cases as if it does. Again, I don't think you are comprehending the degrees of bullying. Not all bullying is the same by a long shot. Do some research. You are actually talking about a person having "a weak mind" when we may be talking about a 6 or 7 year old? Of maybe a 13 year old? Do you know how many suicides and murders are a direct or indirect result of bullying? Do you know how bullying at a young age during child development actually makes it more difficult for a kid to not allow bullying to "get the better of them". Sorry, but it's not really opinion. I'm not talking about a kid that gets teased on a bus a few times which you may be. There are thousands and thousands of cases where bullying occurs systematically and perpetually and an entire group or even School against one kid who sits eating lunch with his or her head down and avoids eye contact or any kind of social contact with anyone or opening social media apps because they know what happens and it truly becomes a vicious circle. Again, I am in no way saying this is what Gregory endured because I have no clue about him.

Last edited:

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should still support him, but time to give up that roster spot.

As the Big Tuna said... it’s a results-oriented business. Fairly or otherwise - business decision needs to be made here.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should still support him, but time to give up that roster spot.
I think Gregory had his chance(s) and I think he is now out of chances with the Cowboys and they need to cut him loose. It's probably time for his family/friends to support him. Sometimes I think this team is a little more on the enabling side of things than the helping side. Gregory has a lot more than a smoking pot problem so I get how complex that is. Irving on the other hand seems to have more of an entitlement problem and doesn't seem to think he has done anything to jeopardize his chances and is likely in for a rude awakening:

"Why does everyone assume it's over? Lol," he wrote in reply to a commenter. "Did I get cut? I'm confused."

"I’m in the NFL because I’m great at what I do," he wrote. "I’m not in the NFL because I’m an Eagle Scout, or the perfect model citizen. I didn’t put on a mask or kiss ass to be where I am. I'm here on natural ability.

"This is God’s plan. Not mine. Trust me, I’m adjusting to it as well. Once I step on the field and stop performing, then we have a problem.

"So does anyone have anything to say about my play?"

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've created a scenario that clearly doesn't cover all cases and applied it to all cases as if it does. Again, I don't think you are comprehending the degrees of bullying. Not all bullying is the same by a long shot. Do some research. You are actually talking about a person having "a weak mind" when we may be talking about a 6 or 7 year old? Of maybe a 13 year old? Do you know how many suicides and murders are a direct or indirect result of bullying? Do you know how bullying at a young age during child development actually makes it more difficult for a kid to not allow bullying to "get the better of them". Sorry, but it's not really opinion. I'm not talking about a kid that gets teased on a bus a few times which you may be. There are thousands and thousands of cases where bullying occurs systematically and perpetually and an entire group or even School against one kid who sits eating lunch with his or her head down and avoids eye contact or any kind of social contact with anyone or opening social media apps because they know what happens and it truly becomes a vicious circle. Again, I am in no way saying this is what Gregory endured because I have no clue about him.

Again, sorry, man, but I'm just not in agreement with you on this. Bullying is as old as the dirt, and though technology in the form of social media allows it to be even more persistent, it's still just an excuse.

Murder isn't bullying, though I know that some bullies have murdered their victims. I'm also not talking about the occasional teasing that takes place. Systemic bullying is still just bullying. It's worst damage is not damage that the bully actually perpetrates but is the damage that the one bullied allows to inflict him mentally. Those who commit suicide because they were bullied are as much perpetrators as anyone who bullied them. They inflict just as much grief and strife on countless others than the bully inflicted on them.

I've been bullied and my kids have been bullied - one quite severely. I told her exactly what my mother told me when I was bullied in school: So What! Someone doesn't like you. Get used to it, because not everyone is going to like you, just like you don't like everyone else. Your worth isn't determined by how others feel about you or treat you, just like their worth isn't determined by how you feel about them or treat them. Now, go clean your room.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, sorry, man, but I'm just not in agreement with you on this. Bullying is as old as the dirt, and though technology in the form of social media allows it to be even more persistent, it's still just an excuse.

Murder isn't bullying, though I know that some bullies have murdered their victims. I'm also not talking about the occasional teasing that takes place. Systemic bullying is still just bullying. It's worst damage is not damage that the bully actually perpetrates but is the damage that the one bullied allows to inflict him mentally. Those who commit suicide because they were bullied are as much perpetrators as anyone who bullied them. They inflict just as much grief and strife on countless others than the bully inflicted on them.

I've been bullied and my kids have been bullied - one quite severely. I told her exactly what my mother told me when I was bullied in school: So What! Someone doesn't like you. Get used to it, because not everyone is going to like you, just like you don't like everyone else. Your worth isn't determined by how others feel about you or treat you, just like their worth isn't determined by how you feel about them or treat them. Now, go clean your room.
The problem is just because it may have worked for you, does not mean it would work for your children or anyone else. Every child is different and needs to be guided differently. The cookie cutter, well I was bullied in school, so get over it. Does not fly in 2019. It is a different world now. Just like when some of us were beaten in public as children for doing stupid things, and no one cared. You can't do that know. These kids are a different generation. How the hell are you saying that the victim of bulling is much more a perpetrator as who bullied them? Victim blaming is just ridiculous.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is just because it may have worked for you, does not mean it would work for your children or anyone else. Every child is different and needs to be guided differently. The cookie cutter, well I was bullied in school, so get over it. Does not fly in 2019. It is a different world now. Just like when some of us were beaten in public as children for doing stupid things, and no one cared. You can't do that know. These kids are a different generation. How the hell are you saying that the victim of bulling is much more a perpetrator as who bullied them? Victim blaming is just ridiculous.

I'm not suggesting a cookie cutter approach to those who experience bullying (I hate even using the word because of how overused it is). I AM saying that using it as an excuse to feel sorry for oneself and to be ruled by it one's entire life is a sign of an extremely weak mind which is the result of being coddled one's whole life.

I don't buy into the "it is a different world now" mentality. Everything that people go through today has been around for millennia, even if it takes different forms. The world isn't more evil now that it has ever been.

Suicide is the most selfish act that a person can perform and the pain that it inflicts is even more severe than any pain that is inflicted by bullying. I'm more sympathetic to someone who suffers from a physiological condition who takes his own life than I am of one who because he was mistreated by others, even if severely, takes his own life because he feels worthless to society.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think weed is better for you than alcohol. But their are better ways to deal with bullying. If you ignore the bully it does not work well either. The only thing a bully seems to respond to is a hard punch to the mouth. That is the way I dealt with bullies. The key to not getting my ass kicked was to find the bully alone and then punch him in the fucking mouth. I know violence is bad,but the schools would not do anything. I even warned the principal that I would go off on the kids that were bullying me. I even knocked one of them unconscious in the lunch room

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think weed is better for you than alcohol. But their are better ways to deal with bullying. If you ignore the bully it does not work well either. The only thing a bully seems to respond to is a hard punch to the mouth. That is the way I dealt with bullies. The key to not getting my ass kicked was to find the bully alone and then punch him in the fucking mouth. I know violence is bad,but the schools would not do anything. I even warned the principal that I would go off on the kids that were bullying me. I even knocked one of them unconscious in the lunch room
I believe you are a perfect example of what can happen to kids who are bullied at a young age :thumb:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he had a tough youth, you know what, wah. He's not the only person to ever have a tough childhood, many have had it worse, and without becoming a junkie. Many of those who did were still able to kick the habit, and I guarantee you they had nowhere near the support this guy has had. He got a free education from Nebraska and was making a million dollars a year in Dallas. I'll bet there are other things besides weed that could help him cope. Giving him an excuse certainly doesn't help him
Everybody is different. Stop making generalizations. There are all kinds of junkie. Alcoholics are junkies, but it's fine because alcohol is legal. Obese people are food junkies, but again food is legal. You are stigmatizing weed. Ponr addiction is a real thing. Everybody is addicted to something, they just won't admit it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is different. Stop making generalizations. There are all kinds of junkie. Alcoholics are junkies, but it's fine because alcohol is legal. Obese people are food junkies, but again food is legal. You are stigmatizing weed. Ponr addiction is a real thing. Everybody is addicted to something, they just won't admit it.
That's BS. So in your mind, everyone is either a junkie, a drunk, a fat ass or a perv? Will power my friend. Addiction is hard, staying an addict is a choice

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This touches on another thing that I detest, though Earl didn't actually state it. Addiction is a real condition, but to call it a disease, as many do, is nonsensical. A disease is something that afflicts you beyond your control. No one becomes and alcoholic beyond his control. No one becomes a drug addict beyond his control. At some point in life, the addict made a conscious decision to partake of the alcohol/drug (food/****/sky diving/sex/etc.).

Personal responsibility it where it's at.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to move on from both Gregory and Irving. They just are not committed to the NFL. They got one decent year out of Gregory and a couple of good half seasons out of Irving. Time to draft their replacements.