• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random thoughts

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody posted the blazing speeds of various redskins the other day, and it got me wondering:

If Gruden is such a good o coach, why hasnt he implemented more speed options a la the Chiefs?

It took all of one offseason to fix Winston, so why is it so hard to fix Haskins / Keenum?

Gruden wont be fired midyear, because of the optics involved in the redskins firing a coach midseason. But then again, who cares? They arent getting a good coach next time without first firing BA, and it is highly unlikely that Danny will do his due diligence and hire responsibly.

This makes a few drafts in a row where the redskins have done pretty well. This years draft got McLaurin, Moreland, Holcomb, and possibly your starting qb for the next decade. Given the redskins history of fucking everything up, how would you go about ensuring the scouting department / drafting department stays intact?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read "My plan moving forward".

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may have only taken one off season (its really been 3 years) for Winston to be "fixed", but Haskins has only been here for half a season. And Haskins isn't broken, just inexperienced. I'd bet my left nut that in with 3 years NFL experience, Haskins will be leaps and bounds better that Winston.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arians has been there for three years?!?! Jesus. I thought he was fired this offseason, which is why Rosen was traded to Miami and Kyler Murray was drafted by the Cards.

Still, the point is the same. I wish the skins would find somebody with a plan to craft an offense around who/what they DO have, what the skill players on the team are ALREADY good at, instead of the opposite.

Got speed guys and a pretty good offensive line? Great! Jet sweeps, naked boots, wr options, crossing routes for all.

Got a (supposedly) dominant dline, mediocre lbs, and an average secondary? Great! High pressure, multiple blitz defense with tons of man coverage coming right up!

The great coaches craft a plan based on what they have, modifying the plan when they get new players with different wrinkles, and have a larger organizational goal in mind.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arians has been there for three years?!?! Jesus. I thought he was fired this offseason, which is why Rosen was traded to Miami and Kyler Murray was drafted by the Cards.

Still, the point is the same. I wish the skins would find somebody with a plan to craft an offense around who/what they DO have, what the skill players on the team are ALREADY good at, instead of the opposite.

Got speed guys and a pretty good offensive line? Great! Jet sweeps, naked boots, wr options, crossing routes for all.

Got a (supposedly) dominant dline, mediocre lbs, and an average secondary? Great! High pressure, multiple blitz defense with tons of man coverage coming right up!

The great coaches craft a plan based on what they have, modifying the plan when they get new players with different wrinkles, and have a larger organizational goal in mind.
I don’t disagree with your overall point, but Winston didn’t improve overnight. It’s taken 3 years of reps. And everyone of those was a learning experience and contributed to his play today. Haskins hasn’t had that benefit yet.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did we release Wr Davis

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They released Alexander also, thought being they sign Davis to the practice squad if Davis clears waivers.