• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ram's undrafted Free Agents

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never lend much credence to INTs on a saftey's highlight reel. Problem being, you can see the guy get the pick, but rarely do you see how he got into position, in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, his coverage skills get an "incomplete", according to that reel.

However... what I CAN tell from that video, is that I LOVE the way this kid tackles! Never once do you see him going for the highlight reel hit. He ALWAYS hits with head up and drives through his target. And he WRAPS WITH HIS ARMS, which seems to be a lost art amongst defenders, in this lead-with-your-shoulder, killshot seeking world of missed tackles, we see nowadays.

If he's got the range for the position, then he could be a steal. Let's not forget that Craig Dahl was a pretty sure tackler, himself. Problem was, he was rarely in position to make that tackle.

Cody Davis clearly has it in him to be a special teams superstar. Hopefully, even more.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Cody Davis, ya he looks good, but I always go back to why didn't anyone draft him if he looks so good? Hopefully we found a sleeper!

I read today Smed that 20 percent of the starters in the NFL were all Undrafted Free Agents.

So it stands to reason that 2 out of every 10 guys who don't get selected in the NFL draft may end up starting in the NFL at some point.

Besides Davis was projected to go around the 5th to 6th round, but it was a very deep draft for safeties, so there were 8 Free Safeties and 6 Strong Safeties projected ahead of him.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that Craig Dahl was a pretty sure tackler, himself. Problem was, he was rarely in position to make that tackle.

:agree:

I always thought that Craig Dahl had the potential to be a pretty decent Safety in the NFL, he's a competitor, has decent height, speed, size and when in position can lay a hit.

The problem I've always had with the dude, and I've said this many times, he just didn't have it between the ears. And teams can ill afford players with a low football IQ's especially at the Safety position.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3hae a real shot to make the team. Davis, Armstrog and Stewart. Read some good articles on Armstrong. Stng draft and some good UDFAs and we are looking decent. I am looking forward to the season (for a change)! :omg: