• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Potential Cap Casualties Next Year

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we cut JL55 because we have too many other holes to fill! Cutting him only adds to mess! He isn't great but he is average plus he knows our system and he is a team captain! Plus 6.4 mill isn't a huge number to pay! Plus we only need an average MLB at best to play behind this great d-line. If anything we need to focus on offense. We do need Nick Fairly, Eugene Sims and William Hayes back especially with Long leaving.

Over the Cap is showing that Kendricks is scheduled to make $4.5 mill in 2016! I don't think he is worth it! Just my opinion though, if we do anything at TE we should bring back Cory Harky as he is a great blocker! Lets draft a stud TE that can do it all, or look at free agency! Every great team has a stud TE! Kendricks will never be great.

IMO, Kenny Britt sucks!...$4.8 mill in 2016 ??.... To me that's too much!.... When has he ever done anything since he's been here! Same with Cook! Lets get rid of these Titan rejects! We have no inside/outside threat at receiver period! Our #1 priority this offseason I hope is to bring in a new #1 WR as well as a stud TE! Don't forget our offense is last in the league in a lot of categories! We need help and we already have a few pieces in place!

Roger Saffold is beginning to piss me off! Every year it seems this team has just pure bad luck when it comes to o-lineman. Just after we sign him long term, he slacks off or frequently gets hurt! There were times where he looks great then goes on IR, AKA Sammy Bradford!.... Had to throw that in there Coog!.... We need to somehow add a veteran tackle to the mix of our very young line! Plus hope that Saffold can return to form! We need experience! Whom ever that maybe? Hell maybe they should take a look at 7 time pro bowler Jason Peters! Maybe Foles will put a bug in Fishers ear!! Sign em!!

As far as Case Keenum they need someone as a back up. They should re sign him and also look at RG3! Wouldn't that be something if RG3 came here and actually played well? Imagine adding Peters, RG3 a stud TE and a new #1wr with the mix of Gurley, Austin? Can you say play offs??

I don't think JL55 is avg at all. he was Avg in his prime which ended a few years ago. again he's listed as the worst ILB in the NFL. he can't stop the run what so ever.

who is Peters?

Im going to pretend you didn't suggest we get Rg3 :dhd:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What qb would you rather have, Kaepernick, RG3 or Manziel?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think JL55 is avg at all. he was Avg in his prime which ended a few years ago. again he's listed as the worst ILB in the NFL. he can't stop the run what so ever.

who is Peters?

Im going to pretend you didn't suggest we get Rg3 :dhd:

Jason Peters

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No he is to old. I don't think they will go after a LF tackle in FA but if they do it should be Kelechi Osemele of the Ravens. He's a FA 26 and the best run blocker in the NFL.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What qb would you rather have, Kaepernick, RG3 or Manziel?

Yeah I would say Manziel but damm he can't stay out of trouble. Smed's love child Davis might get the start this weekend.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you and I did figure in dead cap space. we came up with the same figure a whopping 23m in cap space room. But are you sure about Foles?? cutting him next year shows 9m in dead cap space? thats why i don't think we can cut him.

Foles has a $6 mil 2016 roster bonus. If cut before 3/16, the only cap hit would be the accelerated remaining amount of his signing bonus. Which is $2 mil.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles has a $6 mil 2016 roster bonus. If cut before 3/16, the only cap hit would be the accelerated remaining amount of his signing bonus. Which is $2 mil.

Nice! Thanks I didn't get how that worked. 2m isn't to bad.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he is to old. I don't think they will go after a LF tackle in FA but if they do it should be Kelechi Osemele of the Ravens. He's a FA 26 and the best run blocker in the NFL.

Peters is old, but he can still bring the heat!...Big Nasty Dude!... He has protected Foles blind side and they know each other very well! This is probably something that you wouldn't understand! Philly fans don't want to see him to go.

Right now we need experience and toughness! Bump G-Rob inside and play Peters next to him to tutor the young lineman! Just sign him to a 1 one year deal!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

please tell me where you found this info? Especially the date 3/16? BTW, June 1st is the cut date!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would say Manziel but damm he can't stay out of trouble. Smed's love child Davis might get the start this weekend.

Sorry, you can "try" to spin it any way you want Coug, my so called love for him doesn't exist, I could only dream to have man love like you do?
And we have already been through this, ive already said there is no way Davis should be starting ahead of Manziel the rest of the season, if Manzeil hadn't gotten hurt. I still don't understand how he got a concussion?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, you can "try" to spin it any way you want Coug, my so called love for him doesn't exist, I could only dream to have man love like you do?
And we have already been through this, ive already said there is no way Davis should be starting ahead of Manziel the rest of the season, if Manzeil hadn't gotten hurt. I still don't understand how he got a concussion?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's try Mannion before we rush out in a panic, like we have been doing, and sign somebody else's problems. All we have to lose is another losing season which ALL of us are accustomed to by now.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's try Mannion before we rush out in a panic, like we have been doing, and sign somebody else's problems. All we have to lose is another losing season which ALL of us are accustomed to by now.

I think they need a vet to bridge to Mannion though. Will it be Keenum or Foles, or do they look elsewhere? All 3 suggestions (Manziel - many, including off the field; RG3 - health and inability in the pocket; Kaep - still can't read defenses) have major issues. There will likely be other questionable options as well, like Mettenberger, Geno, Manuel, Bradford (lol). The better options (Cousins, Fitzmagic) will stay where they are.