• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams@Eagles Post-Game Analysis: Rams Lose 28-34

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a a bye week, this Rams team came out completely out of sync and looking as bad or worse than the days when the Queen Idiot was running this dog and pony show and Scott Linehan was the head coach. In a word we SUCKED!!! We couldn't do anything right. We had penalties (10 for 82 yards), we gave up a STs TD in the first quarter via a blocked punt, we went three and out more often than not, Davis looked completely ill-at-ease and was throwing the ball too high or overthrowing his WRs, the O-line blocked no one for very long, we got blitzed to death, we had a defense that couldn't stop anyone, and we completely sucked. Everyone was questioning the sanity of this team and many were ready to clean house. Several folks had written Davis off as a joke and the O-line continued to be as porous as any sieve.

Then at the end of the third quarter and going into the fourth, we scored 21 unanswered points with big catches by Quick and some great running by Stacy and Cunningham. Our defense began to tighten the noose and suddenly after being down 7-34 in the fourth, we came within six points with just under 4 minutes to go. Many on the board had written the Rams off and left but Davis inspired this team to return with some scoring and we were within a TD of winning the game. Alas, we fell short and out of time but this offense and defense demonstrated some heart for the first time this year and fought back but came up short.

On Offense: The Positives. A couple of names come to mind. Austin Davis, Brian Quick, Benny Cunningham, Kenny Brit. After a horrific first three quarters the offense came to life and almost won the game. Davis was 29/49 for 375 yards and 3 TDs, his second 3TD game in-a-row. He also rushed 3 times for 30 yards often to sustain drives. Brian Quick was high man among receivers going 5 catches for 87 yards and a huge 42 yard catch in the fourth that started a drive for the winning TD that fell short. Kenny Britt had 3 catches for 68 yards. Cook was third. As a team we rushed for 125 yards compared to Philly's 145 yards. Benny and the Jets was high man with 7 carries for 47 yards followed by Stacy who went 11 for 42 and Tre Watts with 2 carries for 6 yards. Our offense racked up a total of 466 yards compared to Philly's 352.

On Offense: The Negatives. There is a lot of blame to go around here for the first three quarters at least. Most of it belongs with the O-line. There are three lineman who consistently screwed up in a big way. Wells at center, RG Davin Joseph, and LT Jake Long who couldn't fall on a fumble and it resulted in a score by the Philly defense. Wells and Joseph need to be replaced with Barnes and Robinson because the sieve was up the middle all day long. We gave up four sacks. We had loads of penalties that many were on the offense including four straight false starts. This O-line is where we need the most help. When they block, we do well. When they don't we suck and Davis got his head handed to him many times today during the first three quarters. At QB, Davis got into the act by overthrowing or throwing the ball too high in the first part of the game but later redeemed himself with three excellent drives in the fourth quarter. And then there is Austin Pettis who dropped two passes in the fourth that killed our chances of winning the game. Jared Cook dropped his share of passes as well. We also fumbled the ball three times today compared to two for the Eagles.

On Defense. The Positives. E.J.Gaines is a keeper as he had a pick today and a fumble recovery and T.J. McDonald was high man with 11 tackles. There was not much else until the third quarter where the defense tightened their game and forced the Philly offense off the field with three-and-outs.

On Defense. The Negatives. We gave up a 145 yards rushing and had way too many penalties. Quinn still has no sacks and the defense as a whole had zero sacks. Ogletree was nowhere to be found and the front four have done little to stop the run. When your top tackler is in the secondary, the front seven are on snooze control. These guys miss Chris Long's influence of competitiveness and taking pride in your play every play.

STs. The Positives. Not much here.
STs. The Negatives. Somebody missed a block or two that got a punt blocked in the first quarter. Somebody does their job and we win that game 28 to 27. Just screw-ups at the worst time like Chase Reynolds blatantly blocking an opponent in the back right in front of the referee. A complete lack of mental discipline and stupidity rivaling any absurd example you can think of in sports.

We are making small steps of progress but our mistakes and the level of suckiness is so bad at times that some of us are done watching this mess. For all of us diehards, next week we have SF. So since I am going nowhere, I shall see the real Rams fans here next week for another rousing edition of the 2014 Rams.:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think things are coming together. Young teams lose close games. Mental mistakes and penalties are killing us. I hate to see some of the fans falling away. Just cant go with that mindset or the winey ones. But that's just me a Rams fan. Great job Retro. Thanks. :suds:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times in the past 5 years were we down 20+ With Bradford and how any times did we fight back to have a chance to win? If Austin Pettis does his job, maybe we win.

It came down until the end and Davis made alot of money throws in the 4 th Q

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree SJ76. I think Davis is the best QB we have right now and Fisher thinks so as well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis has earned his role. Time for a lot more to do the same.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis has earned his role. Time for a lot more to do the same.

I agree. I bet everyone on the team is Making more money than #9 and need to make plays.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially guys named Pettis and Cook. And we can insert Tim Barnes for Wells and Robinson for Saffold moving Saffold over to remove Joseph who is a complete waste of a roster spot.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::10:Nice job again retro. It is time for Robinson to hit the field. The oline play is horrible and Davis is playing well despite them. What could he do if they played? oh well winer week

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::10:Nice job again retro. It is time for Robinson to hit the field. The oline play is horrible and Davis is playing well despite them. What could he do if they played? oh well winer week

:agree:

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that two games in a row where the DB'S Got mixed up who to cover? The one against Dallas and this one with Macklin. After a bye the RAMS didn't fix anything. The coach needs to be fired. He is not getting this team ready to play. After a bye week and you get crap?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Chilipepper. Fisher has failed at getting this team mentally prepared to play and it has been consistent. If they did make adjustments then somebody failed in their memory and that falls on Williams as well.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good write up, I don't see why some fans are quitting on this team. Davis is a spark of hope.

Fisher I agree needs to be gone, there is no reason for the team to come out the way they did with two weeks to prepare, and every time you turn around penalties.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Snake Eyes and Blue for your kind words. Fisher has to stop being a teammate to this guys and start exacting accountability which he doesn't do very well especially in the area of mental discipline, preparedness, and toughness.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot the personal foul by chase R that cost us field position. It's one thing to commit a foul it's another to do it
3 feet in front of a ref

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Davis has warranted being named the starter for the rest of the season barring injury. He showed me yesterday that he had a lot of guts not giving up being down 27 points but still showing fight. I also agree that Robinson being on the bench at this point is absurd. The offensive line is obviously a mess so why not use the guy you made the #2 pick in the draft instead of being a benchwarmer?

Also agree that the defense is obviously missing Chris Long. True, he hasn't had the sack numbers that Quinn had the previous two seasons but man are they lacking that fire and passion that Long brought every game. He made that defensive line a lot better and it's showing by the lack of sacks and pressure on the quarterbacks.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot the personal foul by chase R that cost us field position. It's one thing to commit a foul it's another to do it
3 feet in front of a ref

That specific incident Red, falls under the sentence in the STs section of: "Just screw-ups at the worst time". I'll add it just for you.:lol:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That specific incident Red, falls under the sentence in the STs section of: "Just screw-ups at the worst time". I'll add it just for you.:lol:

<3 thank you Retro :suds: