• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams@Chiefs Post-Game Analysis: Rams Lose 7-34

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If most of you have read my post-game analyses, you'll remember me mentioning the corporate subconscious culture of losing the Rams seem to have and is evidenced by an accumulated list of screw-ups and failures lasting nearly two decades. One tenet of my theory is that this evidence of bad football operations from top-to-bottom effects the product on the field by finding ways to lose football games when things appear to be successfull. Players routinely do stupid stuff, injuries mount, and we can't seem to get out of our own way fast enough. This team reminds me when Dan Reeves owned it a long time ago. Today's ass-whippin was a glaring example of this culture in action which has yet to be fully eradicted from this team.

After beginning the first quarter with a precise 6-play drive resulting in a TD and a defense that played to the point of holding K.C. to low statistics in many categories including being scoreless, the wheels totally came off in that horror period which is 2-4 minutes right before the half. After our defense held K.C to a tying TD, our offense held its own. We had some sustained drives and a few three and outs but then the defense led by a crushing tackle by A. Donald recovered a fumble and gave the ball back to the offense with 4 minutes left in the second quarter.

Three bad plays starting at K.C.'s 18 yard line and a wild scramble to find an open receiver by Davis, Davis was a sacked for a 14-yard loss and we were suddenly facing a FG instead of TD we all wanted. No problem. WE have Zuerlein; He'll make this chip shot and we will go into the half up 10-7. But noooo... ...guess again. Zuerlein misses the field goal and K.C.'s offense marches down the field. The defense to their credit holds K.C. to a FG and we go in at the half down 7-10 but the mental damage had been done.

Expecting the team to make the necessary adjustmants and for them to come out in the second half and get the lead back, the heros of last week, STs, failed to come out onto the field and K.C. scored on the KO. Now we are down 7-17 and as they state in sports often: THE ROUT WAS ON!!!

On Offense we had 100 total yards in the first half. In the second half by the end of the third quarter, we once again had scored no points, we had 20 total yards, the defense was getting tired and lazy, and we were about to get blown out. Davis finished the day going 15 of 25 for 116 yards to Smith's 24 for 28 for 218 yards. We finished the day with just 200 total yards compared to K.C.s 361. Our third down efficiency was 3 for 11 compared to K.C.'s 6 for 12. We held the ball for just 24minutes compared to K.C.'s 36 minutes. At one point in the third, K.C.'s RB Charles had 117 yards by himself, 3 less than the Rams total offensive production. We gave up 7 sacks to K.C. and we only had two.

AS we continued, the body language at the beginning of the third quarter indicated we were whipped. Davis, once a vibrant, decisive, fired-up QB had become Bulgerized looking confused, lethargic, and indecisive. Bad play-calling and stupid penalties (A total of 7 for 70 yards) led to more ineptitude and offensive and defensive woes and injuries were mounting. By the fourth quarter, Quick was gone, Saffold went down with a shoulder injury, Jake Long went down, and Scott Wells went down. Our O-line was then from right-to-left, Barksdale, Joseph, Barrett Jones (making an appearance after nearly two years), Mike Persons, and Robinson finally getting to his college position of LT. Interestingly, no sacks came over the left side of the line with those changes. Perhaps we found a new and improved left side of our O-line? :nod:

On defense. After playing a decent game in the first half, it all went south when Zuerlein missed the FG in the horror period of right before the half. We couldn't tackle a shadow. Missed tackles and penalties were accumulating faster than mosquitos on a hot humid night. Our LB corp, which we once considered a strength, couldn't tackle a cheerleader running across the field. Even though we had two sacks by Quinn and a fumble recovery by Hayes, Gaines was our high tackler again with 9 for the day.

Laurinaitus who we used to marvel at his prowess has turned into somebody many of us would consider trading. Jo-Lunn Dunbar has become so useless, we all wonder when he is going to get cut and Ogletree has become so braindead, the brilliant first-year player we all marveled at last year as fallen to the level of scrub the likes of Ray Ray Armstrong. And along with the seconday, many of them get blocked into oblivion and hardly any can tackle worth a damn :L

And then there is the schizophrenic STs. After embarrassing the champs last week with two brilliant plays, this week they decide their collective poo has no odor and they fail to come back from the half break and let K.C. score a TD on the opening K.O. to make the score 7-17. Zuerlein is slowly developing a bad habit of missing would we all used to think was easy FGs especially in pressure situations. Another player whose career is slowly going south in the NFL hellhole known as the St Louis Rams.

Good teams find ways to win football games. They don't let game momemtum-changing events affect their team resolve and they don't start finding ways to lose football games. They don't fold up their tent and go home at the slightest hint of adversity. They don't look for excuses or get injured at the drop of a hat, miss tackles, commit stupid penalities consistently and repeatedly. Nope they buckle down, they fix their problems, and they step up to the challenges and overcome. In a word, the team has heart. :yahoo: This team has no heart.:nod:

It is obvious this team is too young and has not been taught how to consistently win. They have no mental toughness or discipline and at the first hint of adversity, somebody chooses to screw-up. Like the proverbial Holland windmill dike with a damn that has more holes leaking than can be fixed, this team routinely subconsciously succumbs to the collective losing mentality which has been developed for nearly two decades. Its easier. This coaching staff has failed to teach these young players how to consistently win and it is very clear that until that occurs, the Rams will be selecting draft choices in the top five for a very long time to come.:nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Retro.

Glad I was at work so I didn't have to mention this mess of a football team.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of spags ball.

Thanks for the write up. Spot on.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for another great write up Retro, I was too busy yesterday to watch this game closely. Looks like I didn't miss anything.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was 1 second left in the first half and the Rams were down 10-7. The Chiefs kicked the ball off and Tavon Austin grabbed the ball around the goal line. The blockers in front of him looked like they wanted Austin to fall down and end the half and Austin sort of ran straight forward and gave up around the 10 or 15 yd line instead of trying to hit a home run.

Then halftime the Chiefs come out and return a kick for a TD.

They play football on that team. We have losers.

The Rams are banged up in a lot of spots. I have no idea how good Austin Davis is but he isnt good enough to play with the Rams backup oline, thats for sure. Time to start looking at the draft.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that too Clayton. Your welcome Snake Eyes and jacobarch.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was 1 second left in the first half and the Rams were down 10-7. The Chiefs kicked the ball off and Tavon Austin grabbed the ball around the goal line. The blockers in front of him looked like they wanted Austin to fall down and end the half and Austin sort of ran straight forward and gave up around the 10 or 15 yd line instead of trying to hit a home run.

Then halftime the Chiefs come out and return a kick for a TD.

They play football on that team. We have losers.

The Rams are banged up in a lot of spots. I have no idea how good Austin Davis is but he isnt good enough to play with the Rams backup oline, thats for sure. Time to start looking at the draft.

I love Austin Davis. I think he's still a keeper. yes he didn't have the best game yesterday. But the whole team imploded. From injuries on down. It was a shit fest

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can send you as our representative to speak to Kroenke Retro. I think the fans on this board know more about what's wrong with his team than he does. If he still thinks this is the road you have to travel to build a good football team, well, all I can say is he must have inherited his money, because he certainly isn't smart enough to have earned it. I would suspect that Kroenke isn't that dumb though, and he's probably seriously regretting the fact that he won the Jeff Fisher sweepstakes 4 years ago instead of the Miami Dolphins.

Who wants to bet that Jeff Fisher never gets another HC position in the NFL after this fiasco that he's orchestrated here in St. Louis? C'mon, I need the money. Any takers?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Boss for your kind words. I watched Jeff Fisher's post-game presser yesterday and he genuinely looked whipped, defeated, and beaten-down after he watched his perceived efforts get totally blown up in his face again. I think he is at his wits end and he may just quit because I think he finally understands that his coaching is inadequate for today's game. In a word, the game has passed him by and I think he now knows it.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His ego is too big and he's just too stubborn to quit Retro. Look how long he held out in Tennessee. He's going to have to be terminated. I just hope Kroenke is not of the same mindset and has the guts to admit he was wrong and fire these guys. Let Fisher go back to the rules committee and chair that organization. He can then inform us about the rules he can't get his own players to abide by.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one's for BOSS and Retro:lol:

10635696_10203275282386454_664668995296750054_n.jpg

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His ego is too big and he's just too stubborn to quit Retro. Look how long he held out in Tennessee. He's going to have to be terminated. I just hope Kroenke is not of the same mindset and has the guts to admit he was wrong and fire these guys. Let Fisher go back to the rules committee and chair that organization. He can then inform us about the rules he can't get his own players to abide by.

Has a coach ever quit? I'm not talking about resigning either. We all know what it means when a coach resigns.